FCC bans bare rump of cartoon character

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by shaggie, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

NudistMike, if you can back up ANY of your statements with a fact, I'll send my next paycheck to AANR.

May I also remind you that people's views are not "overrated", they are the only thing that matters in this country. "Worrying too damn much about what the public thinks" is what a public servant should, in fact, do if he or she is deserving of his or her paycheck.

And please, don't even try to gauge the extent of harm that children are subjected to when exposed to nudity and/or sexuality. You are neither a psychologist nor a sociologist, and the belief that "nudity is harmless" is your own, but not necessarily everyone else's.

2. Loki84

Loki84 Member

I find it hard to believe people can be so uptight about nudity.

In the UK, I think the nudity laws are a bit tight, and the laws basically say that you are not allowed to show an erect penis. A flacid one is OK. there's a law that says you can't show naked children, for obvious reasons. I can definitely agree with this. In a documentary about a nudist camp I once saw, the children were blurred out, and the parents were uncensored. I can agree with that. But I don't get the whole idea of the erect/flacid penis thing. But in the UK, there's full frontal male nudity on alot of shows. The girlie show on channel 4 had quite a bit. keith chegwin's (in)famous appearance on channel 5 is well documented. We get to see the naked dirty sanchez guys, and even on banzai, there's some nudity.

I don't see what all the fuss is about - The whole janet jackson thing last year was rubbish: A glimpse of a nipple, and everyone goes nuts. i think people need to chill out a little and realise that nudity does not always equal sex. Sometimes, it's just nice to not wear clothes, and to be honest, if public nudity were legalised, and quite normal to some extent (whereby people wouldn't stare at you continually) I'd be happy to wander around naked during the summer months.

The FCC need a good kick up the arse.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

I will only say that the Fox-condemning quotes come from FORMER Fox employees. Journalism is a cutthroat business, and disgruntled and even slightly offended people would gladly prostitute themselves to their colleagues just to get back at their former employer.

The O'Reilly quote that you are so proud of. He did not say "support the war or shut up." He said "support our troops or shut up", and that is exactly what he meant. I support our troops 110%. I do not support the WAR at all. I want our soldiers back home - not tomorrow, but preferrably an HOUR from now before one more of them gets killed. Supporting our troops and supporting the war are two vastly different things.

With that out of the way.

It is really a moot point to bring up England, or Europe in general as a "progressive example". Everyone is fully aware of the progress of moral decay in Europe. The US will never reach such state of moral depravity as Europe has, or at least if it does, I won't be alive to see it.

"Dark pages of the Bible". Ha! Does the perspective scare you? Do you feel that the country is moving towards the dreaded "new Victorian age"? Do you feel that you are powerless to do anything about it?

You're right. You're a minority now. It's not just "soccer moms" and "NASCAR dads" anymore. It's America's entire POPULATION pushing back. This country was found on Christian principles, and certain things were never meant to happen. Among them, the "sexual revolution" that brought the carnal into the mainstream. It WILL be reversed, slowly but surely - and you WILL live to see it.

4. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Most of the time the people who call in and complain about petty issues like the whole Janet Jackson thing were these "soccer moms" who supposedly said that the momentary flash of a nipple *which you couldnt see very well anyways* somehow caused permanent damage to their kid.

Personally if their child's mind is damaged so easily by such simple things as a nipple then maybe she needs to get her kid checked out because if a nipple causes severe permanent harm then what would more serious issues do to the poor kid? Normal people do not get bothered by such trivial things.

Sure the action of her top getting ripped off was bad and could harm kids but thats not what these women are complaining about. Theyre whining about a nipple being exposed, totally ignoring the real problem of how she was dancing sexually and had her clothes ripped off by a man, thats the real issue here. This country has some real hangups about nudity and most of them comes from uninformed parents that think every little thing in the world is out to hurt their child.

I thought we were supposed to have seperation of church and state which means one religion's "principles" should not take precidence over another's. It shouldnt matter what pricincples this country was founded on, this country should learn to embrace all principles so they dont recognize one religion over the other. Im a christian for the most part but yet I dont want them running our country and imposing their moral values on people who do not beleive in that sort of thing.

5. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I hate the idea how a kid who sees a nipple is going to be forever emotionally damaged but them seeing explicit sexual acts and violence is somehow going to have no effect on them. Excuse me, but I find that a bit hard to beleive.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

Mike, Mike, Mike... Just because you say that something is so, doesn't make it so. That's one of life's most important lesson. I think it's high time you learned it :)