Favourite Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by hilksha, Aug 16, 2005.

1. ihavenoideawhatsgoin

ihavenoideawhatsgoin Banned

Fear and Loathing
    Cheech and Chong
    The Punisher
    Spun
    Blow
    Pulp Fiction
    Once Upon A Time in Mexico
    Boondock Saints

2. THE_duder

THE_duder Member

My favorite movie is THE Big Lebo... wait I have replied in three of these threads already....

3. chegzy

chegzy Member

I like IT the clown and clockwork orange

4. xdaisy71x

xdaisy71x Member

XXX is a hit movie I like at the moment

5. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Partial list of my faves

Pulp Fiction, Napoleon Dynamite, Lost in Translation, Some Like it Hot, Jules and Jim, Legally Blonde, Vanilla Sky,Reservoir Dogs, Office Space, Jackie Brown, Bridget Jones's Diary, The Matrix, Love Actually, Clerks, Easy Rider, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Spaceballs, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, Chicago, Orange County, The Breakfast Club, Bedazzled (British version), Almost Famous, The Doors, Mallrats, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Dogma

6. Pronature69

Pronature69 Member

For all of you interested in movies with a political background, I can suggest the following´:

Missing
    1982 - USA - Psychological Drama/Docudrama/Political Drama

PLOT DESCRIPTION
    Costa-Gavras's tense political drama is set in an unspecified South American country, in the throes of a military coup. American activist Charles Horman (John Shea), who has been a thorn in the side of the country's military ever since his arrival, suddenly disappears. In trying to find out what has happened, his wife Beth (Sissy Spacek) is stonewalled, not only by the ruling junta but by the American consulate. His father, staunchly patriotic Ed Horman (Jack Lemmon), joins Beth in her search. Ed and his daughter-in-law have never seen eye to eye politically, and he refuses to entertain the notion that his son's disappearance might be part of a larger conspiracy or cover-up. But as the days grow into weeks, Ed comes to the shattering conclusion that he and his family have been betrayed by the American government, on behalf of the "friendly" South American dictator who holds his people in a grip of iron. Adapted by Costa-Gavras and Donald E. Stewart from a book by Thomas Hauser, Missing was inspired by the true story of the late Charles Horman. In spite of (or perhaps because of) condemnation from certain high-ranking officials in the Reagan administration, the film went on to win an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, as well as nominations for Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Actress. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

It´s pretty obvious, that this film relates to the US backed military coup in Chile in 1973.

7. FoxyLady420

FoxyLady420 Member

I love Detroit Rock City!! That movie is the bomb diggity fresh!:)

8. vimmeroony

vimmeroony Member

The Virgin Suicides

9. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Member

I love European cinema. In March I went to a film festival and a saw a Hungarian movie that really impressed me. It's called "Control". Has anyone seen it? It tells the story of several ticket inspectors. I hate ticket inspectors, because in Bulgaria they're extremely rude to passengers. But in this movie they're the ones outcast by society and I find that viewpoint innovative. Apart from that my other favourite movies are:"One flew over the cuckoo's nest", "Hair", "The doors", "Mar adentro" ("The sea inside") and "Abre los ojos" ("Open your eyes"). And everything from Tim Burton, of course. Especially "Edward Scissorhands".

10. annabegins

annabegins Member

empire records
    fear and loathing in las vegas
    slackers (hillarious)
    the others (great ending)
    the sixth sense
    frailty
    ghostworld
    girl interrupted
    blow
    the butterfly effect
    chicago
    pulp fiction
    fight club
    clerks
    momento
    american beauty
    stir of echoes

thats all i can think of right now.

11. Sapphire

Sapphire Member

Fight club, donnie darko, girl with a pearl earing, eternal sunshine on the spottless mind, amores perros, requiem for a dream, trainspotting, dogville, boondock saints, clockwood orange, edward scissorhands, boondock saints, ..

12. Sapphire

Sapphire Member

And of course 'fear and loathing in las vegas'. Man, how could I forget that gem? :&

13. annabegins

annabegins Member

ooooo that is a good movie, i almost put that down too. i only saw it once though.

14. annihalation

annihalation Member

got to be either cheech and chong up in smoke, half-baked or jay and silent bob strike back. no matter how many times i watch these i still wanna watch them again

15. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

28 days later
    fear and loathing in las vegas
    trainspotting

16. Hoon

Hoon Member

Serpent and the Rainbow