Favorite workout machine

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Nov 21, 2017.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

What's your favorite workout machine at the gym?

Mine has to be the self-powered treadmill. It's great because I can't run at a steady and consistent speed to save my life; I change my running speed constantly. Electronic treadmills don't adjust the speeds fast enough to accommodate my needs; I'm pushing buttons all the time. My old gym back in my last place of residence had one, but not my new gym.

Deidre likes this.
  2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Mine is Jane, my wife!

wilsjane and magickman like this.
  3. broony

broony Banned

Yeah tredmill is my favorite. The tredmill at my last gym had a tv built into it, so I just watch basketball as I ran and time went by fast.

When I have had gym memberships in the past im on the tredmill 95% of the time. As long as I can outrun then im good.

Though the last gym I went to earlier in the year and an awesome pull up bar setup with stair levels. Very cool.

4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Spin bike and stair climber (as far as machines go)

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't really like workout machines, be it a cardio or weight machine. Just give me a bench, a barbell and some weights.

Deidre likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't get the treadmill, especially if you're paying for a gym to use a treadmill. Like, I dunno, seems easier to like just go for a walk? Gravity & friction of just walking will be more beneficial than a belt that assists in walking or jogging. Some people can jog for 40 mins at a gym, and only maybe 20mins on the ground. It's completely different. Bit easier on the joints I suppose.

For me I always liked the rowing machine because I use to row competitively and it amazes people how far you go when you just slow down. I mean you got all the dickheads rushing the slide like no tomorrow and they've got no idea that the electronics in the system are designed to replicate the slide action of a real boat and so, the slower you go the more you move. Rushing up and down the slide IRL only stops the momentum of the boat in the water and the electrical system replicates it. You want to steadily go forward and push off with your legs and bring that handle under your rib cage as the very last movement of the stroke.

7. broony

broony Banned

It keeps me at the same pace.

When I go for a walk or a run, my pace changes all the time. So does my footing and surrounding.

Tredmill just keeps me at the same level I want to push my body. At certain speeds i get in rhythm to push myself just a little cause im forced to do so. It also has helped me get good running technique. Always run 'light footed' other wise your overdoing your joints.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The elliptical machine is fun, i've never used it consistentally enough to know if it produces good results. I'm not a big gym person but when I do go to the gym I head to the elliptical because it isnt intimidating lol

Do nikes count? I just ordered a good pair of running shoes and I'm super stoked, i've wanted to start back running but realized I didnt have a pair of good shoes for it

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Everyone equates "working out" with cardio. :(

10. broony

broony Banned

Aerianne told me about Reebok Zigtech shoes few years ago. They are awesome, I still have two pairs. One got trashed cause I used them when i was working on a roof at the time! Worked great for that job. They still the best walking runnning shoe ive owned.

Meliai likes this.
  11. broony

broony Banned

How many people do you know can actually run if they really need to?

Calisthenics wins all day.

Deidre likes this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

stair climber with 30lbs carry weight.

Deidre likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cardiovascular activity is what I refer to as working out.

Weights are weights. Social show pony stuff, but that's what the girls want, right? Feels good for a muscle guy to blah blah blah and piss in other guys ears while they watch them do weights and do their own every 15mins. Yeah I've been to the gym and I know how it works. Pumpin' those supp drinks staring in the mirror pushing those legs day bro, big legs make a 7" look about 5". :p fuuuckk better get home and eat a steak with my protein shake.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nah I rarely do cardio, I usually do weight exercises with small 10 lb weights or body weight exercises. Running is more of a mental thing for me, it clears my head. And makes my legs look pretty

15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My legs.

magickman likes this.
  16. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Any of you ever try a squat rack/power rack? :D

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i like the leg press machine, because i'm too lazy to do real squats usually and it hits mostly the same muscles.

what gym do you use? i might want to give this machine a try...

neoprene_queen likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I was in maybe Charlotte I think it was the hotel had a exercise bike with a TV and it was like riding on the road lol and down streets using Google maps or something. Was pretty cool.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

city bus

20. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Yes, I didn't like it. Seemed a good idea but seemed to have the wrong angle.

Would rather do regular squats in front of a tall mirror so I can keep proper form.