Favorite Video Game Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Irminsul, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ocarina of time was my first Zelda game and yes, I loved it and the tunes. Kokiri forest and the lost woods tune still popped into my head occasionally years after :D

And yes: @I'minmyunderwear the gta radio stations set the mood perfectly, and even turned me on to certain music i wasn't into before (g funk/gangsta rap, soul etc. But I digged the reggae/dub station and a few weirder ones too! And what was a great suprise is that Lee 'Scratch' Perry was the dj of the reggae/dub station in gta5!

2. Asmodean

Irmi, if you hear these tunes you might regret you never played Outlaws!

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

4. Asmodean

That Outlaws soundtrack makes me of course think of the first Red Dead, for which rockstar used a shitload of the best spaghetti western tunes. So not composed for that game specificly, just reused in it. But hey, im a fan of spaghetti westerns and their soundtracks and I learned of some superb ones through it

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i think even the weird ones are still legit songs, not stuff written for the games. we just never would have heard them otherwise. but i agree sometimes, those are the best. radio del mundo was one of my favorite gta stations ever, it's a shame it was wasted on one of the half-ass spinoff games.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Speaking of which, Tony Hawk games had interesting music sometimes; though I did get tired of it after too long playing.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Road Rash lol.

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I didn’t even know there was such a thing. I’m old school gameroom, so I probably won’t find anything.

CloudyMushroom likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Just at work listening to some tunes.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't remember this soundtrack at all for the game, it could be just for this trailer but I stumbled upon it and dig it...

11. megan2019

megan2019 Members

Do I have problems if I tell you that I don't care about the games' soundtracks? When I'm starting to play I cannot see someone near me and you are telling me about the music lol. This happens especially when I start playing something new. Recently one of my friends shared rocket league ranks and I got really inspired in this game. I like it a lot and cannot wait to play it more and more. The thing that I like is that they have a site which gives you all the instructions on how to perform in the game. You don't have to waste time understanding what to do there. But I do recognize the music that you have shared lol.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Assault Android Cactus had some rockin' beats.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter