Favorite steak cuts?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Soy is pretty bad, IMO. And nothing that comes in a box can be very healthy. But I guess at least it's non-GMO.

2. odonII

odonII O

What about plastic containers? (vitamins)

Although: A plastic material is any of a wide range of synthetic or semi-synthetic organic solids that are moldable. Plastics are typically organic polymers of high molecular mass, but they often contain other substances. They are usually synthetic, most commonly derived from petrochemicals, but many are partially natural

I guess you get the organic type...

3. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I have never had any problems with consuming soy. I honestly think those who have problems with soy are as ignorant as those who think everything in the government is done for us.

4. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I agree with you on the box thing.

The sugar should be left out of this veggie steaks, but they sound like one of the healthiest prepared products I've heard of. :)

Why do you thing that soy is bad? I'm talking about non-GMO soy.
    I've read some of the 'research' on the side effects of soy consumption and it was either badly done or inconclusive.
    I'm interested in this question because I've basically grown up on soy milk.

5. leeds85

leeds85 Member

6. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

1 inch thick T-bone last night and it was tender enough to pull apart with a fork.

7. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

There are many reasons. But first, let me say I am not against ALL soy -- just soy that is non-fermented. I think fermented soy (tempeh, miso, soy sauce, etc.) is just fine and even has health benefits. But non-fermented soy, even if it is organic and non-GMO, is bad, bad news, and I would not eat it if paid. For one, soy is very high in phytoestrogens. Soy is also loaded with naturally occurring toxins and what have been called anti-nutrients; things like saponins, soyatoxin, phytates, etc. Soy also contains toxic levels of aluminum and manganese. It has been linked to all sorts of ailments as well, including breast cancer, brain damage, thyroid problems, and impaired fertility. It's nothing even close to a health food, but the way it's been marketed has lead many people to believe that it is, and today most processed foods are loaded with soy and soy-based ingredients which are making people unhealthy. So yeah, those are a few reasons soy is bad.

9. d0nny

d0nny Member

New York Strip > Filet. IMO....

10. leeds85

leeds85 Member

why not ?

11. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I've read about most of this. Some things are legitimate - it's not one of the healthiest foods.
    Declaring soy as a cause of ailments is a bit problematic, though.
    I'm not saying that it isn't true, just that we really don't know. A lot of info came about as anti-propaganda rather than scientific data.

I agree with this. It's not exactly healthy but I think there are many worse things that people eat. Like all the processed and pre-prepared food.
    I don't really understand why people buy it to be honest. Why not just take fresh ingredients and cook something?

I'm not a big fan of mushrooms or processed food.
    This product is made from processed fungus :)

12. odonII

odonII O

The main source of info' I found, or was led to was: http://soy.***********/
    http://zenhabits.net/soy/

The alternative view (they would say wouldn't they) that I found interesting was: http://silk.com/healthy-living/soy-myths

When people say it is 'linked to cancer' - I think they need to explain in what way, and maybe point to the studies that suggest that. Rather than implying that you might get cancer if you continue to drink soy milk (for e.g).

It makes me want to puke so I don't touch the stuff. :ack2::puke:

Generally, If something has made me ill I stop consuming it. I try and get a health check/blood test every now and again. And generally try to look after myself. I think if you have been brought up on soy milk, and are not dead right now - I would imagine it's unlikely to kill you off anytime soon.

13. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Yes, I know :D It's awful.

Thanks, I think so too :2thumbsup:

14. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Roast beef ftw.

15. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

NY strip or porterhouse

16. leeds85

leeds85 Member

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

favorite slice of cow meat? all of them. singe it a little on both sides and throw it on my plate.