Favorite quote from a movie?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by bluegypsyrain, Mar 28, 2012.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have invited an old friend around for dinner.

Silence of the Lambs.

This line had the audience off their seats at the London premier.

Eric!, ZenKarma and guerillabedlam like this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Today their came to me the conviction that I, or rather the best, perhaps only good part in me, 'that is music' has perished forever. My future life seems to be a mere vegetable existence.

Part of a letter written by Tchaikovsky to his admirer and patron (madam Von Meck) and featured in Ken Russel's film "Music Lovers". It is believed that he wrote more than 4000 letters to her.

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

control is an illusion you infintile maniac nobody knows what's going to happen next, not on the street, not in a car and definitely not on a race track with 40 other infintile maniacs. now you've got a glimpse of that and you're scared... god i hate you for this you make sound like a doctor.

[​IMG]

4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement."

Patricia in "Joe Versus The Volcano"

"Very odd. The fear has left me now. I'm numb. I have no feeling. It is as if someone pulled out a plug in me and everything, emotion, feeling, fear has drained out. And now i'm a cold shell. I'm conscious of things around me now. The vast night of Arizona. The stars that look down from the darkness. Ahead of me stretches a thousand miles of empty mason."

The Hitchhiker episode of the Twilight Zone.

5. Total Darkness

"Who am i? That's the real question, isn't it? Who am i? Who are you? What other questions are there? What other question are there, really? You wanna understand the universe, embrace the universe, the door to the universe is you!"

Joe in "Joe Versus The Volcano"

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"I - STOLE - A - PIE!"
    "I - STOLE - A- PIE!"
    "I - STOLE - A - PIE!"

Men of Honor

8. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

9. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

This is one of many, from the movie Brick ((2005))

Brendan Frye: No more of these informal chats! If you have a disciplinary issue with me, write me up or suspend me and I'll see you at the parent conference.

10. Total Darkness

"Nonsense. We were born dead. Life means nothing. We live with death every single day. Death walks with us. Death rise and sleeps with us. We carry its smell under our skin."

1990: The Bronx Warriors

11. hotwater

Commando (1985)

“Remember sully when I promised to kill you last, I lied”

12. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

13. hotwater

Movie quotes, not TV quotes.

The original crew of Star Trek made six major motion pictures, seven if you include Generations, and you couldn’t find a single quote?

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

My favorite of all time.

"We just don't recognize life's most significant moments while they're happening. Back then I thought, "Well, there'll be other days." I didn't realize that that was the only day."

-Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham
    Field Of Dreams

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you ain't first, you're last.

CloudyMushroom likes this.
  16. Ba ba-ba, ba ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba-ba, ba ba ba ba ba ba, dun dun, da da da dun dun dun, da da da da da dun, da da da da da dun, ba da da dun dun dundundundun dun dun dun da da da dun dun dada da da dun... Yes, I know that! I'm sorry, I didn't know you wrote that.

I didn't.

17. Total Darkness

"Let me tell you what everybody needs to find ultimate and true happiness. 75 years. That's how much time you get if your lucky. 75 years. 75 winters, 75 spring times, 75 summers, and 75 autumns. When you look at it like that, that's not a lot of time is it? Don't waste them. Get your head out of the rat race and forget about the superficial things that preoccupy your existence and get back to what's important now. Right now. This very second. And i'm not saying drop everything and let the world come to a grinding halt. I'm saying that you can become a seeker. You can become more loving. You could be taking some chances. You could be living more. You could be spending more time with your family. You could be getting in touch with the part of you that lives instead of fears. The part of you that loves instead of hates. The part that recognizes the humanity in all of us. And i'll tell you that's where your fortunate."

Holy Man

18. "Your brain is meat, and rots and disappears. Do you really think that's all there was to you? Like you're in your house right now. You're in your house, that doesn't mean you are your house. House falls down, you get out and walk away." - What Dreams May Come

19. Total Darkness

"Today is a good day to die." - Flatliners