Favorite quote from a movie?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by bluegypsyrain, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I AM ATREYÚ!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

"Do you think i've gone rather mad?"

"I'm afraid so. Your mad, bunkers, off your head. But i'll tell you a little secret. All the best people are."

Alice In Wonderland.

Lady Shadow and YouFreeMe like this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

" It won’t be an easy journey. It’ll be long, and arduous. But I promise you one thing: on the memory of those lying here before you,
    we shall find it, and Earth shall become our new home. So say we all!"– Adama – Battlestar Galactica

Lady Shadow likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The demon that makes trophy's of man

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"no matter where you go; there you are" from the movie 'bukaroo bonasai, in the 8th dimension"

puts the whole 'doctrine of discovery' in its proper place as an absurdly invented excuse.
    invented to justify the 'baggage' of an invading culture's pre-assumed beliefs and perspectives,
    and imposing them on people who just might, have already had a better idea what they were doing.
    well among a whole lot of other things.
    (for those who aren't aware, doctrine of discovery is the idea that no one was using a place, where they'd lived for thousands of years,
    basically not existing and lacking intrinsic right to exist, before having been "discovered")

6. hotwater

It was a surprisingly good movie

[​IMG]

Eric! likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

In Moscow we fought for an inch of freedom! Here you take it and pour shit all over it.

Moscow on the Hudson

Highly recommend

Eric! and idahocowboy like this.
  8. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

"Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor " Hell no and its not over now

Animal house

Irminsul and quark like this.
  9. ArtyB

ArtyB Members

I coulda been a contender instead of a bum
    On the Waterfront Marlon Brando

10. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

wilsjane and Lady Shadow like this.
  11. Total Darkness

"Wish i'd wake up"

"Still believe this is a dream do you?"

"Of course. This has all come from my own mind."

"Which would mean that i'm not real?"

"Afraid so. You're just a figment of my imagination.....I would dream up someone who's half mad."

"Yes, yes, but you would have to be half mad to dream me up."

Dialog between Alice and Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.(2010)

12. hotwater

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. It's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor … and surviving."

- Colonel Kurtz

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Lady Shadow likes this.
  13. Total Darkness

"You remember when i said how i was gonna explain about life, buddy? Well the thing about life is, it gets weird. People are always talking about truth. Everybody always knows what the truth is, like it was toilet paper or somethin, and they got a supply in the closet. But what you learn, as you get older, is there ain't no truth. All there is is bullshit, pardon my vulgarity here. Layers of it. One layer of bullshit on top of another. And what you do in life like when you get older is, you pick the layer of bullshit that you prefer and that's your bullshit, so to speak."

Bernie LaPlante, Hero

14. Visexual

Visexual Member

Robert Duvall from the 1993 movie 'Geronimo'.
    " Must be Texans... the lowest form of white man there is."

Lady Shadow likes this.
  15. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

"This is going to take Cracker Jack timing Wang." ~ Big Trouble in Little China

16. James T

James T Members

"Jesus Wept"- Hellraiser

"Rorschach's journal, October 12th 1985. Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city's afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood. And when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up around their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "No." Now the whole world stands on the brink staring down into bloody hell. All those liberals, and intellectuals, and smooth-talkers; and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say. Beneath me, this awful city, it screams like an abattoir full of retarded children. And the night reeks of fornication and bad consciences." - Watchmen

17. Did you know that the original line in Hellraiser, instead of "Jesus wept" was just "Fuck you"??? I always found that amusing. "Jesus wept" is so much better.

Irminsul likes this.
  18. James T

James T Members

It was more fitting as well.

19. hotwater

“No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by masking the other poor dumb bastard die for his country”

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Due to censorship laws and age certifications, their are numerous versions of most blockbuster films, designated to different countries. This also extends to music copyright, where a few films have a different music score in different countries.
    As films get older and with a little help from the internet, versions frequently end up in the wrong country.
    You would never believe how petty some of the differences are. One film had to be reprinted for general release in the UK, costing £50,000, while copies were available in the US. The only difference was that (colour) was spelled (color) on the credits.
    Since digital is now being used in cinemas worldwide, the mistakes are happening a lot more.