Favorite Places To Be Barefoot At?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Ms.S, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Ms.S

Ms.S Members

Whats your favorite place to go barefoot? Mine is the mall/store. The tile floor feels so good and plus shopping barefoot is so much fun! Not to mention it gets your soles nice and black

2 people like this.
  2. charlie35

charlie35 Member

That's so true. However I don't have a favourite place. As long as I'm bf, I don't care! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

How is shopping barefoot fun?

My favorite place is the beach

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

for the ten thousandth time..

5. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

That's the finely ground in, 'polished'-looking type of black, rather than the powdery, caked-on kind of black, right? What does that do, friction-wise? Don't you risk sliding around and losing your footing on those tiles?

1 person likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i guess my favorite place to be barefoot would probably be in bed with a woman. because that's probably my favorite place to be no matter what, and i don't really see what footwear has to do with what places i enjoy being.

7. ohiodel

ohiodel Member

The hair salon, it is very relaxing. Also the newer theaters with the oversized leather reclining seats.

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

At home, at the office, and in the car, the three places I spend the most time.

9. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

I always shuffle and drag my feet on those kind of floors. It does get them nice and shiny black. I remember one girl in school (freshman year HS) ditched her sandals and on the way back from the restroom was doing just that! We passed each other in the hall. She loved going barefoot and her whitened callouses vividly stood out from the black dirt on her soles. Store floors are often like that and on some it can give you a layer of grey over the ground in black from the parking lot.
    I never had any concern over slipping, though.

2 people like this.
  10. sixties_freak

sixties_freak Member

Walking across black tarmac is probably one of my favourites. Any store too probably, though not restaurants.

2 people like this.
  11. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

out in the countryside, woodlands, fields quiet paths etc..

Sx

1 person likes this.
  12. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I will say indoor and outsdoor concert arenas and comiccons's because i love music, hockey and comic books, Shopping is fun as well

13. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

There's so much choice, I mean an actual place probably Birmingham which is one of the cities I spend most of my time Barefoot, although I used to spend a lot time in New York where I used to love being Barefoot on the Subway.

However as for surfaces I really love Broken Glass I know a lot of people are scared of it, however I crush it under my soles a lot, I mean there is a bridge in my home town where there is so much broken glass under there are actually huge piles of it and I love walking on it and crushing and crunching it under my soles or jumping on it. My soles are pretty tough I find that I never really get cut.

I also love nice fresh tar because it so sticky and I love just paving my soles with it or walking through the mud I love squishy and sticky mud. I'm not the kind of person who goes through playing fields and stuff but I like the mud around near the river and stuff.

Barefoot on Broken Glass Videos:

https://vid.me/VN2r & http://vid.me/tqGk

My Barefoot Pictures:

http://postimg.org/gallery/1vkvkdegg/
    &
    http://postimg.org/gallery/1nkdldx80/

3 people like this.
  14. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Wow fab pix as always, BG. I agree there is so much choice. F*ck it I'm always gonna always be bf from now on! I agree there's all the stuff you mention. Tbh I've not actually jumped on glass yet, as I've not found anywhere like that. But I'm gonna do it, even if I have to smash some bottles first x :)

15. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

Flea markets, although I bring flip flops with me whether I carry them or put them in a waistpack. I have had three problems with trying to exclusively barefoot shop at those:

1. One so excessively hot I overburned my soles to blisters in minutes and had to leave since I left shoes in the car. Only about 10 minutes maximum for that much intense heat and needing more frequent shade.
    2. One the security guard wouldn't let me in during a hotter day, even though I lasted without any problems across the parking lot, specifically because the asphalt got hot, even though I did say I would be okay.
    3. One of them was almost effortless, except for longer standing still got uncomfortably hot, but then every time I stopped by a vendor table to look at items, two police officers (not just security guards) would watch me continuously even if they didn't approach me, obviously to make sure I didn't steal anything. I soon put on flip flops to avoid that problem.

[I don't like dealing with police and being watched suspiciously, even though barefoot is legal and they don't actually bother me about it. Plenty of other places to barefoot, even around police when they aren't continuously focusing on the bare feet as potentially suspicious behavior related to other possibly illegal behavior (like theft). If it happens to be so hot that my feet are burning and I need heat relief so much I walk more quickly to shade instead of normally, or start rolling on the soles instead of standing shorter times fully on the soles and then walking again at a normal pace when there is no shade... that's going to draw longer attention to the bare feet. It might even potentially end up with a shoes required sign to avoid liability for too burned bare feet if the blacktop burns in seconds. That's why specifically walked at a normal pace at that one flea market, even when stopping in shade more often, and even if I got blisters on the soles in just a couple of vendor. I only hot-footed across the parking lot both to the flea market and leaving the flea market. No harm/no foul, it was my fault that I overburned the soles so quickly, but I also made sure they did not fully notice the overburned soles since they already asked me if it was more than hot enough for me.]

As for blackened dirty soles, I mostly outgrew it. From time to time I might still deliberately rub them on smoother blacktop, both to see how much dirtier they get but also how much dirt I actually lose during longer and hotter walks. Some amount of baked in and ingrained dirt under surface dirt is expected as normal for burning hot walk, because flea markets tend to be mostly or exclusively on asphalt of various types. Some flea market asphalt even gets much hotter in weather less hot, because of increased humidity causing a higher heat index... so soles need cooling every few tens of steps even after getting somewhat used to a faster burn, and yet they still don't get so coated and blackened. I don't do the wipe the soles in dried up oil spots anymore, after seeing that it could make the soles so dirty to make actual footprints on asphalt, and that would be much harder to surface clean without a higher risk of floor or especially carpet stains. I would rather be able to wipe off as much surface dirt with handwipes or a wet cloth to minimize baked in and ingrained dirt in the soles. I accept as part of extended daily barefooting on asphalt, but do not deliberately want, an almost permanent fully blackened sole until I go days without barefooting.

I rarely go to bed with asphalt dirt coated soles unless I am deliberately drying out the soles overnight after an already hotter barefoot day. In that case, the asphalt dirt mostly blocks the pores from sweating more as part of stiffening the soles, but then I make sure to sleep on top of the bed. I definitely don't want dirty or even stained bedding that won't wash away in a single wash.

I also don't just randomly roam the flea markets with no goal of actually shopping. I browse, and do at least stop at some vendor tables or vendor blankets if something actually interests enough to browse it. If I want an extra walk, I'll go around again but also browse to see what I missed. I don't need to specifically barefoot a flea market with miles of asphalt bike and pedestrian trails close enough, but if I'm going to shop there, I might as well barefoot it. In summer, I'll deal with hot until it starts to become close to unbearable, and so I might actually stop at a few extra vendor tables that provide shade heat relief, but then again most flea markets in my area close by afternoon peak heat hours, with only a few staying open past peak heat. Sharp is still much more challenging, but only a couple of them have sharp enough gravel to poke and hurt with each step. That means most of them are smoother blacktop to tolerably rough stretches of asphalt that don't get so hot I can't keep walking for tens of steps at a time (but those that are that hot so quickly usually even have fully covered vendor area providing much more shade).

16. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

An auto repair shop or oil change place. Blackest soles ever.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Damp squishy grass

1 person likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Going barefoot is a pretty big stretch for me. The beach is one place where I guess I don't mind it, except for it's usually pretty cold water so.. yeah. Maybe not. But I like it when the weather is warm enough to take off my shoes and walk on the sand.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so the whole point is just to color your feet? why not just grab a sharpie?

20. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I can't imagine this being particularly good for your feet, what with all the chemicals there.