Favorite Ourdoor Venue?

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by PhluffHead 4, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Katojam

Katojam Member

I gotta say Harmony Park in Geneva, MN. The entire campground is covered by a canopy of oak trees, and it is a really surreal environment to expand your mind in. Also, it used to be a native american gathering point for centuries, and I think that has something to do with the overwhelming flow of positive energy you feel when you get there.

2. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

Im gonna deviate a little and say the barn on my friend's place out in bum fuck indiana. We would have bonfires and kegs and smoke and everybody would bring their instuments and we would just have jam sessions all over the palce. In the barn, in the house, around the fire, out in the woods, down by the pond... great music everywhere. Harmonicas, lots of guitars, the old upright piano, violins, banjos, brass... and all you pay is whatever you can throw in the beer jar.

3. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I'm gonna give a shout out to the northwest. Here are a couple of my favorite venues.
    [​IMG]
    This is the Gorge Ampitheater located in George, WA. Behind it is the Columbia River. From the view, you would see the sunset directly behind the stage. First time I saw Phish there, Trey held out a chord on his guitar for the duration of the setting of the sun. Once the sun completely disappeared over the hills, he played on. Absolutely beautiful.

[​IMG]
    Here's an arial view of Horning's Hideout just outside of Portland Oregon. I come here every year for the Annual Northwest String Summit featuring Yonder Mountain String Band as well as various bluegrass artists ranging from David Grisman to Del McCoury to Vassar Clements. If you like bluegrass, this is the place you need to be. And the best thing about the location...
    [​IMG]
    It's on a peacock farm! So don't be suprised to see a few of these guys hanging out, around the place.

Anyway, those are at the top of my list. If you're ever in the area, check out a festival or show.

4. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

5. scarletbegonias7

scarletbegonias7 Member

They dont let you drink, therefore the place sux!

6. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Sterling Stage... Its small but its great

7. Kit Cassidy

Kit Cassidy Member

Deer Creek! Indiana....

8. zendude

zendude Member

another vote for spirit of the suwanee, saw sci there two years ago, it's a beautiful, chill place

9. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

scarlet begonias- where doesnt let you drink!? you can most definately drink at zoe.. and do a lot more ;D

10. goldmund

goldmund Member

The Warfield in SF. Nice art deco theatre, close intimate connection with the great bands that play there.

11. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We ejoyed a chartered bus ride to SPAC in the 80's

Seeing The Grateful Dead there

There seemed like so much open green space. Lawns, picnic areas.

nice memories.

Excellent venue

12. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Regency Park Amphitheater - Cary NC

This is a smaller outdoor venue-no pavillion or seat. The lawn goes right up to the stage. There are trees out in the lawn and a pond to the left of the stage. They dont card people for alcohol either. I saw the Acoustic Planet Tour here. Ever get to check out a show here-DO IT!

13. me_and_harpua

me_and_harpua Member

It's either the Gorge in Washington, or Shoreline Ampitheatre, in MT. View, CA.

The Gorge for its beauty and atmosphere, and shoreline for its kickass acoustics....

14. umphreysrules

umphreysrules Member

[​IMG]anywhere in tahoe