Favorite or Best “Ancient Empire City”?

Discussion in 'History' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Jul 18, 2022.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

It is a marvelous time to exist, with future technologies and all the knowledge from the past.

All this should bring great insite to future generations as they too evolve and swing into the future...

What ever that may be.

wyldwynd likes this.
  2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Yes and today we are the most ancient in the moment.

I would like to note this image carved ..might not be the worship of aliens or spaceships or science…it just might be saying do not limit your knowledge to a religion or a person place or thing ..

know that you are not comparable to anyone other than yourself. who you are as a person and that is to cultivate your choices and free will to become all you can be …that is all that is expected to carry on

Attached Files:

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Having been taught in school about ancient Egypt (our teacher was an amateur Egyptologist) and subsequently being able to visit Luxor and travel up the Nile to view various temples and Palaces, it was a fascinating holiday and so I chooose Ancient Egypt.

DrRainbow and MeAgain like this.
  4. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I really do love history I would like to study further into

My youngest daughter who is Coptic Egyptian in her dna It is nice to know there is a connection with science there in history since she recognized gifted in science while In still grammar school.

Since my dna is from England of course I love my heritage as well as everyone else’s.

MeAgain and DrRainbow like this.
  5. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

6. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Interesting thread......no real favorite,but dont overlook the Greek civilization.

Love all history( up too current events).............so many civilizations/empires came and went :D

Mzzls

DrRainbow likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

knossos comes first to mind, maybe bubastis come to mind second, then new world places like kahokia and nezka, chaco cannon and so on.
    empires are not happy places, for the most part and for most of their populations, early "indus valley" being a possible exception,
    and indiginous agricultural civilizations who abondond their cities as impractical for available resources.

i thing the parts we're not told, about life for ordinary people, before christianity, or at least before the second mycian council perverted it,
    is by far the more interesting, but not the crap about armies building and holding emplires. (which is too often all that we are told).

city walls became no longer protection by targets instead once the airplane was invented, but of course that's very very recent.
    even the columbian invasion of the western hemisphere is too recent.

i still think the clossest thing to a real atlantis, closest in culture to plato's friend's travellers tale, was knossos, and minoen crete in general

and sorry, i have no more lover for ancient wars or empires then i have for modern ones.
    and the emphisis on them is why i found the way history was taught generally repulsive in lower schools. and eff grece and roam, unless you actually live in grece or italy. the history i always wanted, and never understood why it wasn't taught instead, was people living right where i was sitting on the nice flat rock, right over there, what they saw, felt and experienced, from as far back as anyone had been doing so, and the event by event forward from then.

i understand why, that no one wants to accept that conquest is an evil that disrupts development in situ, but to me, that is merely dishonesty, politically motivated for the most part.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    Echtwelniet likes this.
  8. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Sadly enough it seems to be "Human nature'(greed/conquest/power)....................whole question is can we outgrow it(brain/consciousness):D

If we want to grow as civilization/humankind/planet.........we have to sort a lot of stuff/bs out first*sigh*

Mzzls

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nothing besides making excuses to lack the political will stopping us from doing so. nothing but imotional attachment to lie we lack the capacity.
    "human nature" is bullshit, which is neither human nor nature, my very point. it is a perspecive we created along with agriculture and subsiquent urbanization

humans have done crap does not equal humans can only do crap,
    that is the propiganda for hierarchal beliefs, to make excuses for hierarchal perspactives,

rather then denying humans have done crap, the question is NOT can we outgrow doing so, and making the excuse for not doing so that we have yet to:
    the choice is very much available, and the alternative is the extinction of humanity as a species.

all it takes is a simple majority being universally considerate. of recognizing we live in a mineral and indifferent universe,

and our place in it, as a species, does not begin and end with ourselves. that we were not 'created' to 'rule' over it, as there is no such thing as doing so anyway.
    the mineral substrate of our planet, will continue to orbit our sun, whether we destroy our environment, and ourselves by doing so, or not.

and its not about spending more to buy organic, its about making fewer babies and automobiles, regardless of ideology or belief.
    its about stop hating logic, instead of emotional attachment to our self destruction.

all that ego, created "great" empires, that eventually fell, that there was nothing "great" about them, whatever the hell that even means.
    again there are things, on a more personal level, the might be worth trading personal freedom for, but "greatness" IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

and if you're wondering why the rise of "great" empires in the past didn't bring about the extinction of our species then, the answer to that we did not yet then have so damd many of us.
    nothing we got away with in the past makes it likely to get away with no, that there are.

Echtwelniet likes this.
  10. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I like Machu Picchu, in Peru. A city high on a mountain. Beautiful stone work, sure was done by slave labor.

You tube video, El Condor Pasa, Simon and Garfunkel. has nice view. A place I would like to visit, but too old to make the climb.

themnax likes this.
  11. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

You make things to complicated.........People(anywhere) so far in history always did "crap", they still do..............thats the hole point(evolution).

There is a big difference in where you are born on this planet and in what time(mindset/consciousness).................Can we outgrow(evolve) that?

I am not a worldchanger........I just watch and ponder, to much:D

Mzzls

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  12. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

On topic

Mzzls

13. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ancient Greeks & Persians !!!

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we are all world 'changers'. 'world' is 'changing' all the time, and it is the statistical consensus, of all of all of our behaviors combined, that is constantly changing those social and emotional aspects of it, the we individually then experience. not invisible meta anything, not the physical mineral universe, but us. by how considerate our behaviors are, or are not, of not merely each other, our friends and nearest neighbors, but of all things. that is why consideration IS morality, and evil is the lack of it, regardless of ideology, belief, gender or anything else. gods and spirit stuff can of course exist to, but entirely seperately and unrelated to any of what any belief tells us to claim or imagine we know about what is not known.

it is not what we wish for of course, there is no way to measure what or how much effect that has, but what we do, and what happens from that, is objectively observable and not all that difficult to do so, when we look with our own eyes instead of what beliefs and each other's voices tell us to interpret what we see and hear.

the way most indiginous cultures did things, they each developed their own traditions as to how, but fundimentally they recognized their dependence on the well being of what they felt to be the spirits of their surroundings.

another thing about that concept slave. a lot of assumptions are based on the abscence of symbolic material compensation. but artisans, creating as a hobby, and without the kind of absolute formal hierarchies we are familiar with assuming, which was how much was created and maintained, this is a very different thing then the dominance of formalized hierarchies.

and most of the really ancient cultures, there is little reason for modern assumptions about what was going on in people's heads. and by really ancient, i mean before grece and rome, or before and seperate and apart from contact with that one nearrow slice of history, that lacks justification for the level of dominance it is given.

rome and greece may be at the back, of what invaded the western hemisphere a few centuries ago, but not the phylosophical underpinnings of cultural soverignties that had already been present here, in the americas, for tens of thousands of years before they came along. and yes there had been histories, partially oral traditions, but all supported by illustrations carved in rocks. much may be gone, but nothing of the diversity of spirit, is ever completely lost.

Echtwelniet likes this.
  15. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Celts

Mzzls

16. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

17. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Even though I am Nummunu ( Comanche ) on my Father's side .
    My Mother was Purepecha ( Tarascan ), spoke the language, observed many Traditions .
    Her ancestors were originally from Bolivia, an off shoot of the Ayramara and migrated to Western Mexico over 5,000 years ago .

They were the only people to defeat the Aztec Empire and were Materlinial in power base .
    The Clan Mother's selected the Male Emperor and had an Empire , well before the arrival of the Shoshonian Toltecs or Aztecs .