Favorite members of the psychedelics forum?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by kil0, Oct 19, 2008.

1. stalk

stalk Banned

nah..

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Aw man, well I hope you feel better! Beer is always good and soothing when your under the weather, even if it is the worst thing for being sick haha :cheers2:
    Jack is doing wonderful, but did you know Aura and I are having a baby now?

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

:cheers2:
    well i'm a bit drunk so that is how i'll start out

i don't post in the psychedelics forum that much but i do read them, i think it would be sweet to trip with..all of you in the thread.

but most of you guys would probably have to teach me how to "party"...
    i don't think i'm as "much of a head' as you guys...hehe

in conclusion; i feel like i don't know many people in person that have such an attitude towards psychedelics...
    so you guys are cool

4. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Yeah beer is probably the last thing I need right now, but it's making me feel better, even though I'm probably getting sicker. lol I just hope I feel better before I have to go to work tomorrow.

Yes, I know that you two are having a baby. lol I guess you don't remember, because you probably got lots of PM's after you announced it, but I sent you a congratulations PM after I found out. Anyway.....congrats, once again:D haha

Also, I just wanted to add that Porkstock is another of my favorite psychedelic members, along with other MJ forumers who occasionally post here.

5. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

I'd be glad to answer your questions but it's gonna take a nice minute to type all that shit out. Not to mention Im on oxy and smoked a blunt.

So in advance, there will br an edit to this post.

6. does2

does2 Member

Hey yo, TNS... I'd get blazed withca brah.
    Ima light one up and pop some bars :cheers2:

7. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

lol I know you're joking but still, wouldnt it be dope life's goal and perhaps a possible meaning or purpose in life? I know it's an optimistic view, but a very elegant and aesthetic one with very powerful implications regarding the reaon of why we were uncoincidentally placed on this 3rd rock from the sun.

And I'm in no way talking religious, on the contrary, I believe Karl Marx's explanation of religion as "the opium of the masses."

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

It's understandable bro :cheers2:
    Whenever your ready, you know I love talking about this stuff :)

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Shit man lol, I feel dumb now. But thanks again! My memory is in serious trouble lately man, I dont know why I havent even been drinking much as I used to or anything. I just really cant remember anything for some reason.

10. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

I'd have some beers with any of you cats any day of the week :D

You think I'm tripped out now John, you out to hear me when I've had a few.

streamin that God consiousness brotha. :D

11. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

Matter does not gain mass, rather matter and mass are like the same thing. But if someone one is to increase the mass of a particle, the energy of the particle will have to increase as well if it is in rest.

Start with the relativistic energy-momentum relationship:

[​IMG]

Now it's easy to see if the particle is at rest, meaning p in the equation equals zero because p is the momentum, and p=mv where m is mass and v is velocity. if v=0, then p=0 leaving just:

[​IMG]

Taking the square root of both sides you get the special case, already proven, just look at nuclear bombs, Einstein's Mass-energy equivalence.

[​IMG]

This equation shows the direct proportionality between energy and mass. Meaning if energy goes up, mass must go up. because c is the speed of light which is constant.

Are you talking about superstring theory or M-theory?

12. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

If I may quote another prominent mathematician.
    Jeans is just stating a fact, whether coincidental or not, similar to Pythagoras when he boldly said "The essence of being is number. All is number." These were very educated men who searched deeply into the nature of the universe and found it to have I guess you can say a mystical connection to numbers and mathematics.

We may be scratching the surface, which we probably are since the field of mathematics and theoretical physics seems to have no end in sight at the moment.

13. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

At this point I can point out that we are not arguing opposite sides but, we are looking at the same thing from different perspectives.

But mathematics IS able to explain why. You're still thinking of classical Newtonian physics, when Newton himself accurately described gravity mathematically but when asked what it really was or why, he would avoid the question and move on to the next one.

But after general relativity (GR), Old Albert's masterpiece, the same equations of gravity were derived but with a purely mathematical framework, that of Riemannian* manifolds which is the geometrical study of higher dimensions.
    *see my signature about Bernhard Riemann, a man who probably had the most fruitful and amazing intuition in history. See his work on Riemannian manifolds here.
    Albert Einstein, using tensor calculus and Riemannian manifolds was able to describe gravity at the curvature of the four-dimensional manifold he named spacetime. He fused the three spatial dimensions of everyday reality with one dimension of time into the fabric of the universe he called spacetime. This spacetime could be conceptually compressed into a 2D fabric, and gravity could not only be descibed, but understood as to why it acts the way it does. It has to do with his field equations of manifolds, and how mass distorts spacetime.

Einstein Field Equations, symbolic form.

[​IMG]
    "This elegant symbolic formulation of Einstein's general theory of relativity cannot be used for actual calculations, but it clearly shows the principle that "matter tells spacetime how to curve, and curved space tells matter how to move"(John Wheeler, Princeton University and the University of Texas at Austin) . The left side of the equation contains all the information about how space is curved, and the right side contains all the information about the location and motion of the matter. General relativity is beautiful and simple (to a physicist), but mathematically it's very complicated and subtle."
    ~Larry Smarr, NCSA/University of Illinois.
    To visualize this better, here's a picture, one that confirmed GR and its predictions such as the sun's mass would bend the space around it and cause straight lines of light to bend.

[​IMG]

Also, check out this video which will explain gravity as well as it can possibly be explained to someone who isnt a physics grad student.

14. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

That's correct. We can not generate the energy required to create our own Universe, the same way we cannot generate the energy to travel at the speed of light. Another consequence of relativity, just pay attention.

The relativistic-mass equation, the ratio of momentum to velocity, is:

[​IMG] where [​IMG] is your initial/normal mass and m is your relativistic-mass when traveling extremely fast. v is the velocity at which you're moving at.

15. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

As you can see, if you move at the velocity of light, or mathematically, if [​IMG], than the bottom square root will look like:

[​IMG] and [​IMG] so [​IMG]

This implies that when traveling at c, the speed of light, and you plug that into the relativistic-mass equation and you end up dividing by zero. This is not permitted mathematically, but can be interpreted physically. If your initial mass m(sub-0) is divided by zero, using calculus, it is the same as multiplying by infinity. So moving at the speed of light is impossible beacause having infinite mass violates the law of conservation of mass.

16. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

Well, the Work-Energy Theorem connects forces and energy via

[​IMG] and Work is [​IMG]

The Unified Field Theory would be a theory like the one above that connects all forces, all matter, all mass, all energy, all into a single equation or theorem. If that equation is ever found, some people refer to it as "God's Equation," the formula God himself wrote down using the Spear of Destiny onto the Shroud of Turin (lol..). From that single equation, all knowledge of physics and natural philosophy could be derived. Just like you can derive the Law of Conservation of Linear Momentum from Newton's Second Law of motion,

[​IMG]

Where did these forces come from? That's more of a cosmological or even philosophical question, and wont be a matter of quantum physics or astrophysics until we have a better understanding of them (hopefully the LHC could help.)

This has already been answered above. Also here.

agreed, very insightful.

Yup. That's what I said earlier, and what Einstein almost a century ago. But in my case, you can substitute philosophy for religion, so the meanings Einstein gives will be slightly altered as well.
    Religion without science is blind.
    Science without religion is lame.
    ~Albert Einstein
    To me, the most important aspects of life are science, philosophy, and spirituality.

17. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

man all you cats are awesome. I would def have a beer with any of you. i haven't even physically met any of you yet you are all my favorite people ever. all the insight i gain everyday reading up on posts is amazing. i would def love to have a beer with stalk and get him rambling cuz it would be epic. jaredfelix is another one i would love to meet and have a few with although i guess he's been really busy with school and wat not i haven't seen him for awhile. you guys are epic in every little way!

18. stalk

stalk Banned

dude, I'd love to go snowboarding :cheers2:

19. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

aw man u gotta come to new hampshire this winter then lol all inclusive weekend of free boardin and room and beer and RC's

20. stalk

stalk Banned

that would be epic, thanks for the offer brother, but I can't :(
    maybe next winter....
    I'm going to be snowboarding Tahoe for sure, though