Favorite covers by Phish

Discussion in 'Music' started by solargarlic, Jan 9, 2005.

1. solargarlic

solargarlic Member

In addition to the thread about favorite covers of all time, I'd like to add this for covers done by Phish. I think a huge aspect of their live performance was that they were able to cover so many songs with a unique edge that sometimes their covers sounded better than the originals. My personal favorite is "Boogie on Reggae Woman", especially the chula vista '99 jam. What's yours?

2. goldmund

goldmund Member

I never thought I'd like a Boston song, but when they busted out Foreplay/Longtime, I was high on mushies in Amsterdam, in a car, and it was pure light!

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I've heard them cover the whole white album by the beatles, the whole loaded album by the velvet underground, the whole quadraphinia album by the who, and the whole dark side of the moon album by pink floyd. They do a great job, espically covering the who album, that one is my favorite live phish show i have.

They also do a good version of a day in the life by the beatles.

4. YEM28

YEM28 Member

the white album show is awesome and boogie on reggae woman is always good. My other favorites are Rock and Roll by the Velvet Underground, theyve had some really awesome jams to that song

5. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

My friend let me listin to their cover of rock n roll. Its pretty good.

6. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

Alas, I don't have the White Album one. I really don't want to shell out the money to buy it and I don't even know if it'd be legal to obtain an unofficial copy as I would any other show. I have the Dark Side one, though, good stuff. I'm seeding it on etree right now but nobody else is connected. Anybody need a copy? ;)

Other than that, they could never go wrong with a "Ya Mar" or "Boogie On" in my book, and they could also pull off a mean "Good Times, Bad Times." The covers involving Fishman's vaccuum are kinda painful to listen to, but I can never bring myself to skip over 'em.

(And of course there's *cough* "Roses are Free" by Ween...)

7. solargarlic

solargarlic Member

I would love a copy of dark side. i'm not even going to ask if it's lossless since it's on etree. would you be willing to do a b&p since it sounds like it's moving slowly on etree?

8. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

I'm still the only seeder but if the nice people that jumped on leave their windows open when they're done, we could have four more, who knows.

I've never done a b&p, but I do know how they're done. If you want to work something out, PM me.

EDIT: They were mean and only one of them stayed. *shrug*

9. solargarlic

solargarlic Member

I ended up being patient and got it from your seed. thanks a million.

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

dont forget the talking heads "remain in light" album.

I have dark side and the white album halloween covers on cd somewhere....

11. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I would say my fave cover they did is probably "everybody's got something to hide" or "rock n roll" Ive heard both of those in concert..... the everybodys got something to hide they broke out in kansas city '00 as a starter for set 1.....

12. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

Frankenstein!!!

13. YEM28

YEM28 Member

I forgot La Grange and Peaches en Regalia

14. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

I really enjoy their versions of A Day in the Life and Mmmmmmbop. It's so funny listening to Trey do Yer Blues... he's like a whole step flat the whole time, oohhhh I love him :)

15. goldmund

goldmund Member

Bohemian Rapsody is pretty sick (12-31-96). Like with "Foreplay/Longtime", so much energy, vitality, and stamina. mmmmm, stamina, what hot young thangs.

16. goldmund

goldmund Member

Oh what about Thus Sprak Zarathustra

17. phriendlyphishphan

phriendlyphishphan Member

roses are free, mellow mood, and ahh definitely frankenstein. 2001 also sends tingles up my spine.

18. Joseph0

Joseph0 .. . .

deleted post.