favorite beatles movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by TreeFiddy, Sep 9, 2005.

1. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

i like some of magical mystery tour's song sequences better (i am the walrus is awesome) but overall yellow submarine is my favorite.

2. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

the only one i havent seen in its entirty is MMT, but i have seen the first bit, up until Victor Spinetti gets run over by the tank or wahtever...and i have also seen the "I am the Walrus" sequece...

that being said..."A Hard Day's Night" is irrevrently hilarious, Let it Be aint bad either...HELP! is ok, but not that great...the only redeaming factor is the songs are great, and a few of the jokes play quite well [the scotland yard scene, and the scnene with the Bahama PC introductions]...that being said, im going with Hard Day's Night

3. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

oops...i completely forgot about yellow submarine...its a great kids movie, ill give it that and its also fun for adults too...

think the beatles' LOTR would have been interesting to say the least [ringo as frodo, paul as sam (or maybe vice versa) george as gandalf, and john as, who else, but gollum] to bad tolkein held onto the rights :p

4. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

Help! is my fave. I can't help but giggle like a horny school girl when I watch it :&

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I honestly have a really hard time choosing between A Hard Day's Night, Help! and Yellow Submarine... maybe Help!... I don't know!!!!

6. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

what, you dont like it? its kinda funny in a really weird way

7. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

well the I am the Walrus isnt funny at all, its just a weird piece of psychadelia, but the beginning with Ringo and his Aunt arguing is slightly funny, and Jolly Jimmy is cool...Fool on the Hill, i just love the song and sequence cause its just so simple...and Spinetti yelling is just kinda absurd, i dodnt particularitly llike it though...and thats all ive seen/can remember

i reitterate, ive only seen like the first 8 minutes or so, so i can hardly judge the movie from that alone, although i dont think id enjoy it that much, its more of a novelty

8. sandman

sandman Member

the blue meanies rocked out... what was the Walrus movie aboutst?

9. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

not much...a lot of people including the beatles are riding around on this psychedelic bus and weird things "happen" (i put tha in quotes because their isnt really any story development). watch it if you're high or just in a weird mood, otherwise it jus wont be interesting.

10. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

11. sandman

sandman Member

no, it's just those are the only characters I can remember

12. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

although it is a beatles movie, yellow submarine hardly is a "beatles" venture, considering all they had to do was write a few songs [which were then placed into the movie] and appear at the end live sequence thing...besides, the dreadful flying glove was the best character ever...does anyone know what the gangster guys with guns in their feet were called?...kinky boot beasts too, geez, i havent watched that in forever it seems, i may have to pull it out sometime...

13. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I've never seen Magical Mystery Tour or Let It Be. :(

but out of all the others I like Hard Day's Night the best. sooooo funny. :D

Yellow Submarine is really good too.. i didnt really dig Help! that much.

14. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

iv never seen let it be i think it would be kinda depressing

15. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Let It Be is great...george plays "I Me Mine" by himself at one point, and John and Yoko are watltzing all over the place...at another point they play "Ive Got a Feeling" and Paul yells "WITH MONEY" after the mumbled middle-8...the rooftop concert is pretty awesome...and you can see their humour shine whn they leave twickenham studios for apple, they all creep into apple at different times pretending to be all sneaky like

some of it is kinda boring cause they are just sitting there tlkaing about whatever, but it still rocks...you can easily download it off of the internet [via limewire or somesuch]

16. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

o cool i should do that...thats how i got magical mystery tour

17. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

thats how i got the first 10 minutes :rolleyes:

along with tonnes of beatles promo vids, along with other old crap, like "Fire", live at woodstock, and Frank Zappa on the monkees

18. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

I love them all how could anyone pick?

19. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

I would LOVE to see Let it Be, but I haven't been able to find it ANYWHERE.