Favorite bassists...

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Orsino2, Mar 5, 2006.

1. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

lmao, yea, steve sure plunks around on that thurr ghee-tarr. What an idiot.

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

"Blowin away, the Dukes....." sun to the tune of "Roll away, the dew...."

3. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

The best part is the word plunks. Like only 2% of his songs are without fingerpicking and ragtime and jazz sound

4. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

yea so like 2% of their music has him playing less than the speed of light. plunkity plunk....yo.

5. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

yea, I think he only slows down for dumb's who cant grasp what he's doing, so basically like everyone in the world that say he sucks.

6. citrus_seas

citrus_seas Senior Member

umm...Yes doesn't suck, and this is a bassist forum, Steve Howe was the lead guitarist. So...your post doesn't add anything good this thread other than mindless banter.

7. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

;)

8. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

I think it's time for everybody to shut the fuck up. [​IMG]

My favorite bass player is Mike Gordon. John Entwistle is up there, as well..

9. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

[​IMG]

10. SpliffVortex II

SpliffVortex II Banned

Prakash John

11. SpliffVortex II

SpliffVortex II Banned

In 1970, the band teamed up with fledgling producer Bob Ezrin on their album etitled Love it to Death. This was the first of more than 10 Alice Cooper group and solo albums done with Ezrin who is credited with having helped to create their definitive sound. A major hit single soon followed in 1971's 'I'm Eighteen'. The band's mix of shock and glam captured a teen audience bored with bearded, denim-clad hippy bands and in the summer of 1972, Alice Cooper served up School's Out to their hungry audience, their biggest success. The album reached number two on the charts and sold over a million copies. The title song became a Top 10 hit in the US and a number one single in the UK.

[​IMG] Album cover for Billion Dollar Babies.

Billion Dollar Babies, released in 1973, was the band's most commercially successful album, reaching no. 1 in both the US and Britain. That album's first single, 'No More Mr. Nice Guy,' became a Top 10 hit in Britain, and reached number 25 in the U.S. With a string of successful thematic, or concept, albums in the bag, the band played sell-out tours around the world - attempts to ban their shocking act by politicians and pressure groups only serving to fuel the myth of Alice Cooper and generate more audience interest.

In 1975, Cooper split amicably with his fellow band members and released his first solo album, Welcome to my Nightmare. Cooper was backed by Lou Reed's band, guitarist Dick Wagner, guitarist Steve Hunter, bassist Prakash John, keyboardist Joseph Chrowski, and drummer Penti Glan. The album was another top 10 hit for Cooper. The album featured his hit song and feminist anthem, 'Only Women Bleed', but without the old band this album marked out the direction Alice would now take - a move toward rock's mainstream.

After three further disappointing albums, in 1977 Cooper was hospitalized in a New York sanitarium for alcoholism. This may be responsible for a surprise return to form on the hard-rocking, semi-autobiographical album From The Inside. The life changing event also led Cooper, whose father was a Priest, to become a Christian. Around this time Cooper led celebrities in raising money to remodel the famous Hollywood sign in California. Cooper himself chipped in over $27,000 for the project, doing it in memory of friend and comedian Groucho Marx.

12. Neo-hippie

Neo-hippie Member

John Entwistle, no doubt about it, no question, no fuzz
    then a wide open space of nothing, no one
    then
    Jack Bruce & John Paul Jones
    Henny Vrieten is also very cool, but i doubt anyone here knows him;)

13. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Geezer Butler is probably my fav.

14. SpliffVortex II

SpliffVortex II Banned

15. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

Victor Wooten, shows off and backs it up

Claypool- very creative

16. Magical Mystery Girl

Magical Mystery Girl Member

Paul McCartney is my oxygen when it comes to basslines. He has a unique style of composing basslines; they're all very melodic and know how to take just the right amount of focus.

17. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

and of course, Brian Wilson wrote the bass line for Good Vibrations :)

18. Radiation

Radiation Ruling the Nation

Larry Graham - Sly & the Family Stone
    Jah Wobble - Public Image Ltd.
    Robbie Shakespeare
    Mani - Stone Roses
    Bootsy Collins - Parliament/Funkadelic

19. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

I met Victor Wooten and the rest of the Flecktones last night at their show. Nice folks.

20. Wilson

Wilson Member

Mike Gordon, Phil Lesh, Les Claypool, Victor Wooten (Going to the Flecktone's concert on Saturday so it should be interesting)