Favorite band to tour with

Discussion in 'Live Music Trading Post' started by dudenamedrob, Apr 13, 2007.

1. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Well I was never old enough to actually tour with the Grateful Dead, only made it to one show when I was a youngbuck, and since settling down I can't really tour anymore, so I'd have to go with mid to late 90's Phish, it was a good scene before it got out of control.

How about you?

2. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I toured with the Grateful Dead in the late 80's. Hmm, thinking about it 20 years ago I had just finished up an east coast spring tour and was heading back to CA for some Irvine shows.

I never saw that much of Phish. By the time they were happening I was a parent several times over and trying to act more grown up.

3. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Were you at the Laguna and Ventura shows in spring '87 where people were going around dosing everyone with spray bottles??

4. freeinalaska

Yeah, I was at most everything beginning with Hampton that year and for the next couple of years. I remember the talk of the spray bottles, but was dosed enough on my own. Laguna Seca was one of my favorite venues.

5. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

That's awesome........good shows too, I really like those years.

6. freeinalaska

There were some awesome JGB shows during that time, also. Great idea for a forum. I was a little late with the digital downloading having relyed on my collection of tapes, so I want to get it together and get as much as I can on a hard drive. Thanks for the link to etree you sent in your PM.

7. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

no problem, yeah I started off with tapes when I was a kid.....things have changed alot in the past 15 years.