Favorite 40(oz)s?

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by BoozeJockey, May 8, 2004.

1. BoozeJockey

BoozeJockey Member

Hmm, i enjoy drinking the occassional 40, hah, mostly cuz they are cheap. My favorite i've tried so far is olde english high gravity 800 malt liquor. It's 8% alcohol(about 2 times the amount of the average light beer), and around here they go for $1.72 a piece...So that's like 6 and a half beers for $1.72. They don't taste too bad either, lol. What are your personal favorites for 40s? I mostly am interested in malt liquor ones though, cuz if i want 40oz of bud light i'll just buy cans or whatever...I've heard Camo 40s are good, any experience with those?

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

MICKEY'S!!

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't drink 40s. I've had Colt 45 a few times and didn't think it was too bad. But I can't see any point in drinking such crap unless you're homeless and can't afford real beer.

However, Dogfish Head makes a premium malt liquor called Prescription Pils, which is like 9% ABV. I've never had it, but I hear it's pretty good.

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

lol what do u mean olde english isnt bad? Yea its not bad until your drunk off ur ass and cant notice the difference anyway!

5. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

all 40's are bad, the question is, which is least bad. I've drank a few Old English High Gravity durring my freshman year at college, where I lost my 40 virginity.

6. BoozeJockey

BoozeJockey Member

Well in college you can't really afford good beer...Usually at keggers they have beast light which is not really a high quality beer either, hah...Yeah i've heard good things about mickey's, haven't tried it yet though. I don't see how you can say i'm stupid for wanting to get like the equivalent of 6 and a half bud lights(alcohol wise) for $1.72. I do prefer a good beer(guinness comes to mind) when i can, but that's not often...

7. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

Seems like they don't sell 40's here (in France). But i buy 22's, it's the same kind of beer. If it wasn't for them i couldn't get drunk twice a week.
    And yeah when yer drunk you always think its good beer.

8. BoozeJockey

BoozeJockey Member

Lol, amen to that

9. trippytrippy

trippytrippy Member

i wouldnt say that i "like" any malt liquor 40s but ive found that a nice steel reserve will get me nice and drunk if i only have a couple bucks.

10. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

When I was in college, my buds and I would get Pearl 40s for a BUCK! That was freakin' heaven, man, 'cause we were cheap bastards. One bartender at a dive we frequented would always give us Mickey's 22oz for $2.

Luckily we all got jobs and don't have to drink shit like that anymore, but when your a poor college kid, who cares, we were just trying to get lit.

Now I usually don't spent less than $7 for a six of something worth drinking.

11. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

in the younger days when i was broke me and my friends would drink mickeys all the time. i would say its the best tasting out of all the cheap malts that ive had. when i really wanted a good buzz i would go with 211 even though it tasted pretty bad.

12. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

People around here Drink something called Old English, i dont dig that stuff i like budlight, or corona:p