Fave Lips song

Discussion in 'Music' started by maabbott88, May 21, 2004.

1. maabbott88

maabbott88 Member

What is your favorite Flaming Lips song? Mine are "It's Summertime" from Yoshimi and "Buggin'" and "The Gash" from Soft Bulletin.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

It would be something off Clouds Taste Metallic or Hit to Death in the Future Head.

I really like They Punctured My Yoke and Placebo Headwound

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

I am still stuck on "tangerines" it just reminds me of good times.................

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Have you heard the album "Clouds Taste Metallic" Abbott ? you should ..... came out in maybe 94 or 5.

For some reason I have not seen them play before.

5. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Race for the prize!!!

6. sleepy_ashes

sleepy_ashes Member

Ever changing really... I STILL haven't heard Zarikee... so I can't state anything off of that... which I'm sure is there finest hour :)

BUT anywho, they have so much great stuff, hard to choose... Fight Test off of Yoshimi is one of my favorite tracks off that album, which is also my favorite album... so that probably wins out... and I don't care if it's a subcouncious rip from Cat Stevens... still rules :)

After that I suppose Slow Nerve Action of Transmissions from the Satellite Heart (sounds so menecing at first, but then gets so serene and happy, to me at least)

Also Feeling Yourself Disenegrate... that's a great tune, very atmospheric, draws you in it does.... plus you gotta give credit to anyone who can pull off an opening drumbeat with their mouth... great song. :)

God I love the Flaming Lips... they made it up to my top fav bands list pretty quick.

7. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

gotta be tangerines, its still stuck in my head and I havent heard it for like 2 years.

8. Skelter

Skelter Helter

fight test is my favourite one

9. lunaluvcat

lunaluvcat Member

grateful dead- truckin
    Ripple
    Ani Difranco- hell yeah
    Face Up and Sing
    falling is like this
    Superhero
    Ben Harper- By My Side
    burn to Shine
    walk away
    Tea Party - Fire in the head
    the bazzar
    portishead- Roads

10. lunaluvcat

lunaluvcat Member

hey my post got put in the wrong thing for some reason,it was supposed to go under songs for a road trip..hahah.

11. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Race for the Prize,Waiting For Superman,yoshimi battles the pink robots, too many too list all of them.