Father's Day

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by thepapasmurph, Jun 20, 2020.

?

Do your children know that you are Gay/Bi/Trans?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. maybe - not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Happy Father's Day to all you dudes who are dads.

Share with the readers - where are you at in life with your kids?

I am 64. I have three adult children who are in their early 30s and late 20s now. They know I am gay and are loving, accepting and kind toward me. I came out to them a few years ago - it has not been a smooth experience but I think we are in pretty good shape now. I also have two grandchildren, with a third due this summer. I am semi-married to my wife of 34 years. Our marriage dissolved a year ago after many years of pretending everything was OK. I am not sure, yet, though if we will make it officially divorced or just go along as we are. Together but separate. I spent many years as a closeted, gay Christian, pushing my sexual attractions for men deep into the closet - and pretending I was OK. For the last 10 years, I have been working through the past, and dealing with the present - Life is short. I have made a few mistakes. Trying to minimize the negatives and maximize the positives.

How about you? Fathers Day is a good day to reflect I think. I'd be interested to read your responses

GrayGuy57, dd788snipe and MusicMan321 like this.
  2. dd788snipe

dd788snipe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Can't believe no one posted anything Papa.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  3. thepapasmurph

kinda sad, isn't it. not like shy bi guys, for sure.

4. dd788snipe

dd788snipe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

5. matador3000

matador3000 Members

Its a big step and the hardest part of being bi. I heard someone said this ones "if your closet is comfortable dont come out"

GrayGuy57 and thepapasmurph like this.
  6. thepapasmurph

Yep... you have to have a good reason to come out. It has to be well thought out and you have to be prepared for the worst possible responses and be OK with that -

matador3000 likes this.
  7. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

my kids, currently 24 & 22 have known I'm bisexual since the last 7 years. It's normal that it's accepted in this day & age.

I meet heaps of young guys in their teens and 20s who are either gay or bi and perfectly comfortable with their sexuality.

vive la choice!

Simon :)