Father's Day

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duncan, Jun 16, 2019.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes i celebrate that mind kicked off in 91.
    well not really celebrate.
    he may have meant well, but there are things about him i will never know.

as for me, there's almost no chance i might have caused any borns,
    only one chance i wouldn't have known about.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if you're trying to scare me, you kind of fail. if you're trying to say that the braves are a shitty team that doesn't deserve to have fans unless they have family member playing for the team, then i completely agree.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yall I remember the Braves' glory days in the 90s so you hush your dirty little mouths right meow, you're dissing on an important piece of my childhood

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I remember Greg Maddux and John Smoltz being really good pitchers.

Deion Sanders who was most well known for football played on the Braves for a bit too IIrc? Unlike when Michael Jordan tried to play baseball, Sanders was actually pretty good from what I remember.

David Justice maybe?

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My junior league baseball team was the Braves.
    We had Braves hats and jerseys

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah Deion Sanders was with them a few years

Chipper Jones was my man. And Tom Glavine. My family had a dog named Glavine lol

guerillabedlam likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah i remember too. 95 was the first time the indians made it to the world series in 41 years.

i also watched a lot of TBS in my youth, but whatever i actually wanted to watch would be cancelled every damn time the braves played.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm sorry for your loss

9. I'm trying to remember the name of the Braves' shortstop, but I can't. He was really good. But I hated the Braves back then, 'cause they kept beating the Dodgers.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Jeff Blauser or Rafael Belliard?

Although I bet you remember Fred McGriff (the Crime Dog)

11. No...I would remember his name if I heard it. All I remember is that he was really short.

Of course I remember Fred McGriff. He was in my baseball card collection, which I perused thousands of times.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

names? almost the only names i remember are from niche genres most people have never heard of nor care about.
    i mean like niches within niches.
    very few are in big entertainment and as for sports?
    most things that draw a crowd are like kind of empty to me, sorry if that's a problem.
    and things i love seldom draw a crowd, which again sorry, but i have no problem with that.

architecture i remember le corbusare and gaudi and lovins, i actually have some who interest me more but their names i forget.
    the best architecture though is when people are allowed to just build things.
    i know that sounds odd, and i don't mean people who don't understand how to make something strong enough for an intermittant load to not knock down,
    or leave big messes everywhere and not clean up, but other then that, ordinary people can learn how to make what they want or need,
    and do in cultures that don't oppose they're doing so.

really when it comes to names of people, in anything, its seldom the people i remember but specific things they create.
    yah i like mazes of twisty spaces, the way nature builds a forest.

if i woke up in a world with lots of little houses and lots of little trains and forest surrounding everything and there weren't any people in it,
    it might take me a long time to notice no one was around, and a lot longer then that before it began to bother me.

i'd be just having so much fun making things and exploring things.
    maybe cats and other non-humans would come around and be curious.

if this is off topic for the thread, i don't understand what would be on topic for it, nor how corporate entertainment sports would be.

i don't understand anything about the idea of fatherhood, except for maybe road trips with family wandering around and exploring back roads,
    long walks in the woods and teaching how to walk quietly enough to not scare everything away,
    or watching how things are done and what they are and how they're made where a parent works,
    or of course getting permission to let your own kids sit quietly there somewhere watching what goes on and meeting your bosses and co-workers,
    if they can without being annoying too much.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Was Terry Pendleton 3B, 2B or Shortstop?

It's slightly fun to try and draw this stuff from memory rather than go on wikipedia.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  14. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

You sure about that?
    d in pagan sun-worship including Father's Day which always falls on the third Sun-day of June, usually fall on the day named in honor of their most powerful god -- The Sun.

15. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Chipper jones

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The only holidays I recognize are Fat Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick's Day.

17. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

The only ones I recognize is the anniversary of my wedding and the memorial of Jesus death. Most others are either pagan or rooted in nationalism.

18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Some sources state that Father's Day is pagan, but refers to "Sky Fathers" (Gods in the sky), not actual human fathers.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

"you've changed, flag day. i don't even recognize you anymore!"

20. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Matthew 23:9
    English Standard Version
    And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven

Jesus words