Fat Acceptance

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by machinist, Mar 31, 2018.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Deer shaming

Irminsul likes this.
  3. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

You are so right.
    I know lots of thin people who eat way more than me. I grew up on a healthy diet. Chicken, lots of veggies, no red meat, no white rice or white bread. I don't snack all day and I'm active but I don't lose weight like most people do.My last doctor visit consisted of near perfect blood tests. But I'm not about to sit here and explain more though, because some fuckface who thinks he's a doctor always pops up to tell me why I'm just lazy and gluttonous even though I'm not. I was done justifying my existence a long time ago. I don't know why people like machinist are so angry that fat people exist, and think it's their duty to ridicule them. People should mind their business when they don't know what they're talking about, and get over it. If you don't have a PhD and my chart, then you can sit down lol

Asmodean and eggsprog like this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Bump, this video needs to be in the forefront of any discussion

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Only Just Viewed This....(6 months later)..... And It Could Be Best Described As "GROSS"......I Ask

You......Who In Their Right Mind Would Behave Like This......Let Alone Post It On The Internet

For Others To See.....????....(wheres the "Puke" smilie when i really need it???.)

Cheers Glen.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It has been pointed out numerous times, there's a difference between being obese through gross irresponsible behavior and having an unpopular bodytype. Most arguing on this subject is about the latter.

la Principessa likes this.
  7. johny rryan

johny rryan Members

Fatty tissues in the human body raise mainly due to metabolism slow, continue by taking the same number of calories repeatedly and age factor. There are also many other ways and problems that the human body gets fat increase. One needs to perform simple and easy diet procedure to control the body fat and yes its time taking. One example, thinks why the actors get their weight increased for the film role and later they shape it in regular form. Then question yourself why can't we.

8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

All the evidence points to the stomach having a brain of its own, partially composed of its microfauna. Wherever an individual lives and whatever they eat changes their microfauna, or stomach brain. It gets way more complicated after that, because all the evidence indicates it is related to your immune system as well, including allergies. Fat is as much an environmental and epigenetic issue as anything else, while overweight people have superior taste buds and truly do enjoy eating more than others. Sometimes, you wear sunglasses to protect sensitive eyes, ear plugs to protect sensitive ears, and find ways to dull the senses including your sense of smell, which is the only one hardwired into the brain stem.

Sure, everyone indulges once in a while, but alcoholics don't go inside the liquor store just to chat.

9. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Yes I agree. When I was on my weight loss journey I slowly changed my diet . Out went the red meats and anything fried( stir frying is an exception and healthy) which contribute to saturated fats within the body. I still eat quantities of white meat for protein . So I guess I am classified as Flexitarian these days. There are plenty of really nice vegetarian and Vegan dishes out there and many do not lack taste. Its encouraging that Jamie Oliver is part way through a vegetarian cooking TV programme series. If more of the top chefs did something like this then it would help to promote a more healthy diet.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Wants to frame dieting as the equivalent to sexual assault for fat people

11. wooleeheron

It is illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse, so she might sway the courts, with a little help from the fast food industry lawyers. She could make a fortune claiming Monsanto are saints.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Off the chains, off the scales
    I ain't watching my weight
    I'm high as hell at your bbq fixin' a plate
    XX to the XL
    Hit me 3 times and come direct
    With my burger and fries
    King size.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I have such mixed feelings about this topic, but I feel like my post on page 4 probably holds true.

The big thing: Someone should not serve as a walking punch line just because they are fat.

Mysteron likes this.
  14. wooleeheron

People shouldn't get paid more for being tall, white, blond haired, blue eyed, and male either, but so long as money is doing most of the driving, taunts are the least of anyone's concern.

15. Oh fuck. Shut up.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Fat, skinny... All end up the same. Rotting corpse.

treeswinger10 likes this.
  17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If you're fat and want to stay that way it is none of my business. It's unhealthy but it isn't the only unhealthy thing that people do. I like to smoke cigarettes and lay on the couch eating fried pork rinds and drinking beer. That ain't healthy, but mind your own fucking business, dammit!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2019
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Thing is, some overweight people are healthy. I have a friend who's cuddly around the edges and according to her blood and test results, she's fine she's just cuddly.

19. treeswinger10

treeswinger10 Members

The shallowness of some people amazes me.

Seems to get worse as the years go by.

20. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Yes I agree . I have had quite a lot of negative remarks when I was overweight. I was always called "The large one" when compared to my slightly younger brother. Now I am slimmer than him.