Fat Acceptance

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by machinist, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've been skinny shamed my whole life

People think they can say whatever to you when you're skinny, there's no filter. The post above sort of illustrates why, I guess people think being skinny is nothing to get your feelings hurt over. But people have said some mean ass stuff to me over the years, its npt like calling someone a skeletaur is meant as a compliment. Its just as insulting as calling soneone a fatass, its the intent behind it. If they meant to compliment me they would say something complimentary, not tell me to go eat a cheeseburger

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'm sorry.

But being shamed and being insulted aren't the same thing to me. People calling you skeleton is fucked up. I always thought "fat shaming" was people trying to make fat people feel bad for being fat. Like, this idea that all fat people are fat because they are stupid and too lazy to get up off their ass. So I assumed being skinny shamed was like, "you're skinny because you're too lazy to pick up a fork, so you should feel bad."

If someone said that to me, my reaction be, "Alrighty then..."

But if someone flat out insulted me...

I don't know. I guess it's the same thing. Fuck it. My bad. I've just literally never heard of "skinny shaming" before this thread.

3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

image.gif

4. Noserider

5. Eric!

That's what I'm asking Irmi with my gif

6. Noserider

what...

7. Eric!

Are you literally asking that question, or were you referring to our state of mind in reference to the topic?

8. Noserider

LOL I don't know. You posted Cube so I tossed out a line from Today was a Good Day. Then your response confused me.

But who cares?

Now what we're on the subject, I think that is one of the greatest songs of all time. Not only did it show a new side of Cube, but it also showed a new side of life in the ghetto. I thought it was more poignant than the gangsta shit. I mean, yeah, that shined a much-needed spotlight on the crime and gangs and drugs that suburban white America was ignorant of, but Today Was a Good Day shined a light on the positives.

I thought it was classic Americana

9. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

You can be shamed for "good" things.

People get shamed for having money.

My ex girlfriend was extremely ashamed that her family was rich.

I shoulda knocked her up. But somebody beat me to the punchline. She had a kid when I met her. Dads trailer trash. Its a trainwreck.

But shes a mild feminist. So in her eyes being a struggling single mother is empowering and it totally rocks! Women can do everything on their own!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Yea Yea

11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Why does everything need a label? Fat shaming, fat acceptance. lol Food addiction is a real thing. Barring genetic issues, being very over weight isn't anything to celebrate or encourage. No more than you'd encourage a drug addict living in a crack house to keep doing crack. Fat shaming is always wrong, but common sense should come into play where we don't make the mistake of encouraging people to not take care of their health, however that looks.

12. Eric!

I agree, love the song and the video.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When someone money shames me.

[​IMG]

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

People been fat since day dot.
    Erryone thinks we come from monkeys well guess what I seen some fat monkeys and apes and gorilla's I mean they're all pretty fat. No one fat shames the monkeys, but a person ohhh we'll shame them, not the poor monkey. Well if monkeys are fat and that's perfectly normal and y'all gonna sit there and believe we descended from them then you'd better take your dumb thoughts elsewhere cause if they can be fat, so can we.

15. machinist

Never seen a fat monkey.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Perfectly healthy and natural.

[​IMG]

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

See, it's good for animals to have fat. Look at every animal really, disregarding birds bit even still there's fat birds. Big cats carry a lot of fat, bears, camels, dogs, fish, on and on and on. Elephants, hippos, gators, rhino's zebras, buffalo all fat. Fat rabbits, fat owls, fat deer. Half the priority of edible meat is based on fat content.

Fat tomatoes fat banana fat apple fat grapes.

19. machinist

I killed a buck last year that had a lot of fat on him. But guess what. He got fat so he could have energy to fuck and fight and survive the winter. And he got fat by eating super healthy shit.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah it's shame you don't see deer anywhere near people live in those climates....