Fat Acceptance

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by machinist, Mar 31, 2018.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

If youre fat lose weight. Youre not special. Youre not a unicorn. Youre not an albino. Youre fat. Youre not healthy. Stop lying to yourself tbat youre healthy. Stop making excuses for why youre fat and cant lose weight.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Recent studies have indicated that a person's weight appears to be tied to their intestinal flora and genes. Sort of a rudimentary brain the body has, that keeps you alive even if you are starving to death. Think "Waldon's Pond" and eating small rodents raw. In the very near future a simple pill could make them healthier, but being fat appears to be as much a physiological problem as it is a psychological one. You grow up with two heads, and you have issues to deal with. We've all got our problems, and its the scars inside which heal the slowest of all. Which is why humor is indispensable.

This is your Wu Li Master talking: "I want nothing less than a full belly laugh out of all of you!"

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  3. machinist

Stop making excuses for fat fucks

4. wooleeheron

There are diseases that can cause your balls to swell up to the size of cantalops, and I'd never tell the person they were to blame, but think they might be mentally ill for waiting that long to see a doctor. Something is obviously seriously wrong, and it can help to work on learning how to laugh at yourself, and exploring other sides of how to attack the problem. I tell people, "When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." Its good cardio.

From my point of view, Babylonians are all chickens. Reasoning with a chicken's stomach is not a great idea. Teach them how funny they are and they can learn something as complicated as how to fish. Sometimes, appreciating what's missing from this picture makes all the difference in the world.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  5. machinist

Its more of an overactive elbow problem than "intestinal flora"

Lets just keep coming up with more scientific excuses for why people dont have to be responsible for their lot. It can be shown! With science!

You know what else can be shown with science? You can stop blaming shit for you being fat and you can do something about it.

6. wooleeheron

I'm my ideal weight, and have been thin my entire life. At my age, I can gain weight fast if I eat too much, but I can lose it even faster because I have no sense of smell. Food is different for me and, often, just something I shove into my mouth because I have to. I am physically and mentally so different from the normal person I have been forced to become a sort of biological computer to compensate for my brain damage.

7. machinist

Im not talking about you specifically i have no idea if you are fat.

Why make excuses for fat people to be fat.

I dont get it.

8. wooleeheron

Shaming people has its place, but can too easily become just a blame game. That distracts you from being more honest with yourself. Honesty is all most people need and, all too many, need it desperately. The sad truth is, almost all my jokes are true, and I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. If you cannot laugh at yourself, as if you didn't have a care in the world, life can lose just a little more of its sparkle, and make you hungry.

Asmodean likes this.
  9. machinist

But all fat people do is blame everything.

10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I call it Body Prepping. When the shit hits the fan, I'll outlive all you arrogant skinny people by several weeks. And I'm not lazy, I'm in the gym 5 days a week and walk every hour when my fitbit nags me. I also happen to like chubby women. I don't mean huge jiggling mountains of cellulite who can barely rise from a chair, just chubby.

Yes, a LOT of people seem to simply let themselves go and sit around watching the tube whilst eating fried chicken (especially around Atlanta), but I have learned as I get back into shape that a good number of fat people around me are also exercising. Why? Because when they sit around stuff starts to hurt. That gets old pretty fast.

I've pretty much given up on diets after 25 years of dieting. Instead I eat sensibly, but I don't restrict. I find that I can eat just about whatever I want as long as I'm back in the gym the next day. My weight has been static for almost 2 years now which corresponds with passing my final kidney stone (I've had those for 27 years). The stones sent phantom pains all over my body, now those are gone as well.

It's easy to look at some fat slob taking 20 minutes to get up the stairs and arrogantly lament them for being SO lazy, weak, out of control and disgusting. But try to remember those words when YOU range from the mid 30s to the mid 50s. It might keep you motivated instead of giving your all for an employer who won't remember you.

Take care of yourself, not them.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  11. wooleeheron

No, its short people who are to blame for everything.
    Fat people are merely their flunkies.
    Short people got no reason to live.

GeorgeJetStoned and machinist like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We have reached the core of the problem :-D

scratcho likes this.
  13. machinist

I dont get it are four words that would never come out of youre mouth because you know everything.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  14. wooleeheron

A true master of his art.

15. Asmodean

I am pleased that you really think so :)

16. machinist

Why would you want someone to think you know everything.

17. Asmodean

Its not what i want. I am simply pleased how knowledgeable i appear to you.

Eric! and scratcho like this.
  18. machinist

You know i was being sarcastic right

19. wooleeheron

What's that?

20. machinist

Not talking to you. Talking to sheep face / hollandaise sauce.