Fasting

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by jendi17, May 19, 2004.

1. jendi17

jendi17 Member

I'm interested in fasting, but i don't know much about it. I've heard that its good for you. If anybody has any tips, experiences, etc. I'd be interested.

Thanks

2. Summertime

Summertime Member

Do you mean not eating at all, or only eating after the sun sets, like in Ramadan?

Summer. xx.

3. jendi17

jendi17 Member

I mean like not eating at all for a couple days...or however long is healthy. I heard that its good for you. I need to know like, how long to do it, and how often, etc.

4. seabass42003

seabass42003 Member

i would also like to hear about this ! i think astro cat has the answers your looking for

5. Summertime

Summertime Member

I wouldn't have thought it was healthy to fast for days, because your body would lack food and energy, although I have heard that detoxing is healthy. I'm no expert though so don't take my word for it, just an opinion. :)

Summer. xx.

6. MentalFloss

MentalFloss Member

I've done fasts, and it's normally hard until the fourth or fifth day, then you're completely full of energy (I've only done juice fasts for more than five days, water fasts for only two or three). Every time I fast I consult my doctor and make sure it's okay, so I suggest telling your doctor that you want to try a fast and ask for any suggestions or concerns he/she might have.

7. terrapinchasin

terrapinchasin Member

I did the master cleanser for five days, and the first two sucked, but after that i had mad energy.

go to google and do a search for master cleanser pdf. The book is $6.50 at amazon, but you cna get it for free.

You basically drink this lemonaide drink, and as much water as you want. it helps to clean you out.