Family Nudity

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by lovenudity, Mar 1, 2010.

1. gaynakedguy

gaynakedguy Member

If it were me, I would do whatever it takes to allow yourselves to be naked in your home. As suggested by another post, maybe gradually wear less and less, and tell your child your intentions. But don't postpone being a nudist. I did for years and it was like being in prison! Life is too short to put off things that really make you happy. And nudity is such a simple and pure enjoyment.....do it!

2. PaEmt77

PaEmt77 Member

I wanted to touch on this subject, since I too am going threw this dalema. I am a single parent of 3 kids. My Ex was born and raised to HATE nudity. I am a nudist of several years. My problem is this my 2 boys say they dont want anything to do with the naturalist lifestyle. But my daughter wants to be in it every chance she has. My kids are 12, 8, and 7. I sat them down and asked them if they would like to take part in this lifestyle. Since my boys dont want to I must respect them and not walk nude around them and not have them walk nude at my house. But I go to a nudist camp and my daughter goes with me and it's not the same but it surfices. But never the less what I found in this is to sit down and talk to them. After a certin age we as parents will find that our kids have a mind of their own. And if they are in their teen years its alot harder to get them into the nudist lifestyle then if they were born and raised in that lifestyle. I aggree with the ones who say sit down with her, talk to her explain your feelings and make sure you get her feelings on the matter. If she's ok with it offer her the slow route. You know a little bit at a time. If she's repolsed by it you as parents must respect her and wait. Who knows she may suprise you on the day you ask her and strip her clothes off right in front of you. You wont know til you talk to her.

3. Au Naturel

Au Naturel Member

We are a very open family. My wife and I are nudists and have been nude around our kids since they were born. They are now 11 and 13 and it still doesn't bother them.

4. Dragon De Noir

Dragon De Noir Member

Your daughter is old enough to know about nudity. I bet she also has the temptation to be naked too, but afraid. I say go 50/50 at first. You and your wife wear less clothes, weekly. When time goes by, confront her. If she says - why don't you have enough clothes on? - tell her that you are more comfortable that way, without clothes. If she doesn't say anything, or you noticed that she started to wear less clothes; confront her and see if it ok not to wear clothes around her.

5. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Again I agree with Dragon, just wear less and less around the home and se where it leads. Easy her into it and at least go naked yourselves, if that is what you wish. Life is short, enjoy the freedom.

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I agree........ Its stupid to be scared of NUDITY!!! (Just do it)

7. OzNorth

OzNorth Member

If she hasn't been brought up on nudity as a family then i say no! The last thing she probably wants to see at her age is dads cock flopping around when she has not been subjected to it (family nudity) from an early age.

8. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I was brought up that nudity is a sexual act. Which I have always disagreed with since I can remember. I recall reading about the Romans and the Greeks, people back in the days of Jesus, and how they were naked a lot. But it's not like they were fucking left and right (I'm sure there were moments like that, but you'll find that in a lot of places as it is). I love total nudity. But I don't flaunt it around. I don't force it on others. When I was married my wife loved it, but she was embarassed to be naked in front of her daughter(?). I tried to break her of that, but she kept listening to her family instead, and to them it was the same thing: naked = sex.

I think aligning sex with nudity is sick and demented. It's just as wrong as aligning bus drivers to child molesters.

If you think it's sex only, that is the mentality you will have. And you cannot develop wholesome healthy thoughts when your mind is burdened by such garbage.

MAKeR likes this.
  9. opimashprime

opimashprime Member

i think you just need to talk to her. She is a teen and i'm sure she would prefer you talking to her like an adult.

So sit her down and explain how you feel and tell her that she is free to join in if she like.

I think at the start she would be a little freaked out but give her some time and support her and she will adjust to it more easily

Good luck

10. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

This "gradually go more and more naked" suggestion with no explanation is not going to work.

Since she is a teenager, treat her as someone who is nearly an adult who deserves to be given an explanation of your changing attitudes toward nudity. And it's okay to actually recommend nude living to her as well. If she is interested but wants to keep her nudity private, give her time and space to try it.

Negotiate a level of nudity in your house you can all live with.
    If she can live with it, see if she doesn't mind your being nude as you pass from the shower to the bedroom.

It may be too much to ask for you and your wife to be nude at the supper table or in the living room watching television all night.

Most teens would rather step in dog doo than see their parents naked. But she should be mature enough to accommodate you and your wife's newfound desire for nude time.

There's even hope that her willingness to be nude will increase with time and increasing maturity.

11. Kaalvoet

Kaalvoet Banned

i fully agree! If its your desire,live naked.It's your choice,tell her she is under no obligation to join you,and neither are you under any obligation in your house to wear clothes,however,shhe has an obligation...NOT TO MAKE REMARKS OR CRITISIZE your choices.

12. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Actually, that is not an obligation. Her obligation is to respect his wishes. He is her father. At the same time he shuld consider her space as well.

But when she starts making comments, it's time to meet the door. Whenever one is a guest in another one's home, no matter the relationship, RESPECT YOUR HOST.

Period.

13. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Don't think by influencing her as a child would have changed the outcome- she's now old enough to make her OWN decisions.

If you raise a child as a nudist, it's just trying to put an idea in a susceptible mind. I don't think that's fair, after all, both you and your wife probably weren't raised in that sort of household and yet still decided nudity was your calling later on in life.

14. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

People should not have to apologize for raising children according to what they perceive as a good and balanced life, a life that happens to include nudity when possible and practical.

What loving parent wouldn't want to spare their kids the years of confusion, poor self-esteem and heartache that come from America's sick attitude about the body and nudity? We should do our utmost to prevent that "never be seen naked" paranoia, prevent creating adults in a state of arrested development having a pervy Bevis and Butthead adolescent lechery about sex and nudity.

This couple's grown daughter may still break free from this neurosis, but many on this board still have kids at home young enough to learn to be confident in just their skin. Most adults do not recover, most do not gain their freedom.

15. Kaalvoet

Kaalvoet Banned

i fully agree.If it was my home,and my daughter,its my opiniƶn that the house would be my space,and i pay the bills.Her space would be her room.

16. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Agreed! Teaching respect for the values of others is the more important of the two goals.

"Making comments" is not effective way to resolve conflict anyway. The daughter needs to learn that it is okay to disagree, okay to discuss differences, but snide remarks are counter-productive.

However, if I had raised a child with body shame, then years later, I learned my lesson and embraced nudist life; then my grown child returns to my home burdened by all the baggage from my own past short-comings, I would try my best to sit down with her and tell her what I have learned since her childhood, encouraging her not only to "tolerate" my wife and me, but also encourage her to try this for herself.

That is not to say that my wife and I should abandon nudity in our own home, but is there some way it can be done that it is not merely a power struggle? If her body image has been damaged, if she believes "nudity always = sex", she is in for a major paradigm shift and efforts toward her redemption should be done with careful planning and the utmost compassion.

If our daughter refuses all discussion and is adamant that her parents are "evil", then that's another story. Let's not assume that until all other efforts have been exhausted.

17. tim-cali

tim-cali Member

I couldn't agree with this more. At 15 or 16 she is mature enough to know what will be uncomfortable to her, and you need to make it clear to her that she needs to be totally open with you if she is going to be uncomfortable. Just let her know how you feel and that it is OK to not be OK about it. You will need to respect her feelings. Who knows, maybe if it doesn't bother her you may just be able to sit in front of the TV naked someday.

18. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Sure, no one wants to traumatize their kids by suddenly being naked. But since you both agree that it is a good thing, why not at least tell her about this epiphany you've reached and encourage her to try it in her room or for instance if you have a pool or hot tub, let her have experience it all to herself in the nude. There's a way you can give each other your space without sneaking around and acting like it is some naughty secret. It's not! I sincerely hope that you will simply talk about it.

19. joann

joann Guest

depending on her maturity start talking with her.

20. shyboy15

shyboy15 Member

My dad sometimes walks around naked.