Family Guy

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by xGreenBabyx, Jan 4, 2008.

1. xGreenBabyx

xGreenBabyx Member

Family Guy is one of my favorite shows....i mean come on you have a baby who wants to kill everybody and wants to rule the world and you have a dog who acts like a human...you have a son who you dont really see that much of...you have a daughter who even her parents dont really like her you have a dad who just acts like a little kid and a mom who keeps everything going....i mean come on whats not to love about this show.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The idiotic situational humor which has no intellectual content what-so-ever.

The cheap pop culture references.

The terrible animation.

The repetition of themes.

How it's a complete rip-off of other cartoons.

How damn American it is.

I could go on if you wish...

3. xGreenBabyx

xGreenBabyx Member

i agree on the whole american thing it is i dont like it but besides that i like it

4. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Family guy is one of my favorite shows! If not THE favorite!

5. heartsnotfarts

heartsnotfarts Member

Amen.

6. Sitka

Sitka viajera

There is a place for pulp and a place for art, and nothing is wrong with enjoying both. The trick is not confusing them.

7. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

family guy is awesome the only two shows that i like better are king of the hill, and my all-time favorite flight of the conchords!

8. xGreenBabyx

xGreenBabyx Member

Flight of the Conchords Rock! Jemaine is in a movie called "Eagle vs Shark"

9. ctsmoke

ctsmoke Member

All true, but for some damn reason I keep watching. Maybe there's just so little else . . .

10. decriminalize

decriminalize Member

Yep.

11. decriminalize

decriminalize Member

What is this show?

12. Hannuck

Hannuck Member

The idiotic situational humor is the best thing about it. It's funny because it makes no sense and then you don't know what to expect next which makes the surprise much funnier than a classical punchline.

And it's a lot more realistic 'cause real life situations don't always make sense either. Usually storylines are polished so you can keep track. But real life isn't like that, it's spontaneous and chaotic. Family Guy brings out all that.

Besides it's critically mocking all other show business conventions, the old classical cartoons for example.

13. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I still like Family Guy, but the quality of the show is going down. It seems like they're running out of ideas.

14. dsotm12345

dsotm12345 Member

This has got to be one of the funniest shows that has been on TV. Although this season seems to be going downhill a little bit.

15. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  16. i0-techno

i0-techno The Magnificent Dope

I can watch an episode of that at any time of any day and feel better afterward. That makes it a win in my book!

17. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Ha, if it is so damn American, why do I see so many English, Irish, French, etc watching the show like crazy too? I just met two English blokes who claimed it was their favorite show. And a few more who were happy to be turned on to the show.

18. cre8tor

cre8tor Member

Honestly even the not-so-great episodes of Family Guy are still better than about 85% of other stuff on TV.

19. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

because america has exported it's culture in an incredibly vociferous way, and they've probably been exposed to more american "culture" than irish, or english culture.

20. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

terrible animation? wow you want to see some really crapy animation go and catch some of the old Tracey Ullman shows! Not that it was anybodies fault but you could only do so much on a pc back then!