Fame.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino2, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

So, I've been talking to this pretty well-respected musician. He's got his own little area on the internet that I found on accident, and updates it and everything. He's really one of few artists, I know of, dealing with their own sites and PR. I know Neil Young does, but sometimes pays someone else and tells them where he wants things to go when he doesn't have time. Anyway, this dude is just using it to talk to people and as a hobby... :eek: Now, I've never been a huge fan of his, by any means, and think he did a lot of discredible stuff and is a little excessive on the gimmickry, but if you take away the fame and BS, he's a pretty chill guy... though he seems kinda blase and burnt out from time to time.

Anyway, he gets to talking and says he's going to be camping out at 10,000 lakes festival and is a big fan of Umphrey's McGee. I get to thinking... how many people from bands that we listen to regularly or now-defunct bands could be camping out right next door to you or something, at fests; standing or sitting near you at concerts... or how great the possiblities are that you're talking to BB King's nephew at a club or something (well, it's happened to me... though BB was playing and his nephew was the bandleader, I didn't really know who I was talking to at the time so I asked him if he'd be willing to trade some bills for some ones, as I didn't have any ones to use at the parking garage when I left) and people just don't realize it.

I just wonder if anyone on here has met anyone who is "known"... or celebrities or anything. I also have to wonder if I've been standing next to someone and not even realize it. Haha, I guess it's pretty cool for them, for nobody to know that they're there... and they can just do whatever they want without being attacked. Especially the older ones that a lot of people may not recognize. :D

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i'd say that jack cassidey is kind of well known, on account of if you know who jefferson airplane is. i met that dude...he kind of appears as a grumbling elderly man now a days, but he has a heart of gold. he is pretty chill :D

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

Ive known Bam Margera since i was a kid. Aren't i lucky...:rolleyes:

4. Orsino2

Yeah, Jack Casady is a pretty damn good musician...

That's sort of like when I met David Crosby when I was fourteen. We started talking about ebay and infringements and things... and he got a bit bitter towards the exploitation that people do, but I figured if I mentioned anything else it'd just be small talk and it wouldn't mean as much to either of us. I'm still wondering where Stephen was that night. It pissed me off that I didn't meet all of them... or Neil, for that matter.

:D I hope I run into him again one day, before he gets too old... wouldn't mind burning one with him, if the time was right. It was in the air, for sure, but I didn't get the chance. Haha, I know someone who sold an ounce to Dickey Betts...

5. Orsino2

:rolleyes: haha... Bam... he seems like such a tool.

My dad went to school with Robert Cray, in Newport News, Virginia... Ella Fitzgerald is also from Newport News. His best friend's babysitter was Bonnie Raitt (I always used to get that confused :D ), when she lived in North Carolina, back before she was famous.

Oh yeah, and I've been to Will Smith's beachhouse in Norfolk, Virginia... though he wasn't there.

Keller Williams... but he's more of a local buddy musician... I don't really look at him the same way, though he's getting pretty damn popular now and is always gone on tour or doing something.

6. Orsino2

Oh yeah... I also ran into Elliott Sadler (nascar driver) at Wal-Mart...

7. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

I met jeff foxworthy at the american girl doll place in NY about two years ago.

8. Orsino2

That's one of the reasons I do like New York... anything can happen and everybody is there at some point.