fallin from god

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by hippieken, Jan 11, 2005.

1. hippieken

hippieken Member

hi all, first let me say that i am thankful to have this site you are all very wise even if you dont think so..........now, let me see when i was young i had no religion...my mother didnt take us (my brother and i) to any form of religion...so therefor i had none......then i got deep in to rocks and the earth ...wind, water, earth, fire like in my 20s .......then i thought when my little girl was born that christ was the place to be for her sake... well now she is 4 and i cant stand going to church......the fake people....the lies they tell................i just need to love mother earth again ......any thoughts please and thank you

2. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

Welcome!

Peace and blessings to you!

3. Mesektet

Mesektet Member

Welcome back friend...blessings to you and yours...

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Hello

I can't honestly say what is true/right for you. Only you can decide that after much reflection.
    Good luck in your quest. :)

5. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

If you talk to the animals they talk to with you and you will know each other.
    If you do not talk to them then you will not know them and what you don't know you will fear.
    What one fear's one destroys.
    "Chief Dan George"

The beauty of the tree, the softness of the air, the fragrance of the grass spaeks to me.
    he summit of the mountain, the thunder of the sky, the rhythm of the sea speaks to me.
    The faintness of the stars, the freshness of the morning, the dewdrop of the flower speaks to me.
    The strength of the fire, the taste of salmon, the trailof the sun and the life that never goes away they spaek to me.
    And my heart soars.
    "Chief Dan George"
    ( Geswanouth Slahoot )

May the warm wind of heaven blow softly upon your lodge and may Great Spirit bless all who enter there.
    May your moccasins make many happy tracks and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the morning light for your life and strength.
    Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.
    If you see no reason for giving thanks the fault lies in yourself.
    "Tecumseh"

6. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

what church (denomiation) have you been using to indoctrinate your daughter into "the jesus trip"?

there are other ways to introduce children to spirituality, so i hear...

7. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

have you considered an option such as Unitarian Universalism, or a combined path, that will allow you to embrace both? you shouldn't have to fragment your spirituality just to fit in with a group.

8. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

also, consider this: you cannot "fall" from God/dess/Spirit/Tao because He/She/It is something that exists within and without yourself and every living thing.

9. anok4uok

anok4uok Member

i gave up christianity when i was in high school, in the earlier parts of it, only realizing i "believed" in it because it was "good" to. so i noticed the fakeness of it. i dropped it. became atheist, because i felt like i didn't have any spiritual part of me. later in high school my own opinions started developing, my consciousness became much stronger, about everything, even the unspeakable. i started finding my self loving nature. i felt identity with the "naturalist" philosophers, like thoreau and emerson. ghandi became a huge influence to me more than anything. and it's not that i try to model myself after these peoples beliefs, but i found a translation to the same exact (or almost exact) feelings that they had about life. now i find my spirituality within ideas of paganism, taoism, pacifism, naturalism, and individualism. but i like to keep my own thoughts about everything somewhat unfit for a name.

10. anok4uok

anok4uok Member

consider we're living in a state of eternity, a part of a constant that exists both outwards and inwards, size is totally illusional, planets are almost no more than a "massive scale" of an atom, but the atom isn't even the smallest piece of existance, not even close. that there is life on that atom, just as there is on this earth, that the planet we love on, the solar system we live in, is a magnified atom, and the other stars are the same as that, that all these solar systems and planets, make some greater life for, or element, maybe it's another parallel? maybe when we look at our body, the skin, ever piece that makes it up is a more dense version of the space we live in, that there is life, other parallels of us living in it. who knows, the human eye is very feeble, not godly or all knowing as people often assume, sometimes i wish i could rip all of humanities eyes from their sockets so to speak, for everyone to look at life in possibly a totally different perspective.

p.s. of course i'd never literally dream of doing something that disgusting

11. anok4uok

anok4uok Member

oh yea, i was wondering, is there a religion that believes in all that, that i just stated above in that consideration?

12. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

BlackGuard, that was a beautiful post. =)

anok4uok, follow your heart. Spirituality is a personal relationship between you and deity. Perhaps your path embraces the ideals of many spiritual paths. Sounds like you are on a beautiful journey of discovery.
    Blessings to you.

13. hippieken

hippieken Member

forestnymphe...you are wise thank you much.....

14. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

awwww i feel the love in thi forum!!!! welcome back! al u need is love!