Fake meat so good real meat is nervous

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by unfocusedanakin, Dec 6, 2017.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

actually i wanted to mention "and the leather pants" but i know you dont like that, so i stopped doing that, better to call you by name

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

One of the worst health problems of today is the bag of chips after school. They trigger the digestive cycle resulting in the good meal eaten an hour or so later being wasted by incomplete digestion, leaving the body with just the sugar, carbohydrate and fat from the chips.
    In my opinion, selling chips and fizzy drinks at 3:30, is the biggest damage that the fast food chains are doing to the nations health.

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Do you have an informed opinion on doner kebab, which I heard the EU is trying to ban for health reasons, which might be good for our stomachs, but will put many shops out of business.

David0301 likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'm waiting for a meat based plant substitute.

David0301 and Ged like this.
  5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Lol that's fuddy

6. David0301

David0301 Members

yes

food combination does matter, now i know :)

also: not drinking when eating makes a big difference, drink either before meal or 30 minutes after meal for optimum digestion - i am curious to know whether you also knew that wilsjane?

too much liquid during digestion dilutes the digestive enzymes and makes digestion inefficient/harder

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I could murder a doner kebab. Unfortunately funds do not allow.

8. David0301

David0301 Members

we in europe LLLOOVEE doner kebap

in austria we say "döner" . In Germany we say "kebap" . The correct name is "döner kebap" though . where are you from??? in the USA people dont know what the heck doner is! The day somebody introduce that sandwhich over there he will become rich instantly. they will go crazy for doner. hahaahah dem americans love food jajajaj

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

London UK.

10. David0301

David0301 Members

london again, many here from your city

i love london, been there lasst year, that city got so much to offer, crazy expensive though, doner is around 7 pounds, compare with germany = 3euros

we got the same time zone in tenerife as in london, 3:30 pm right now , "zero time zone" its called

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It's all the same fucking time man haha!

12. David0301

David0301 Members

hhahahhahahaha

13. David0301

David0301 Members

mann you are so fortunate to be british , you have no idea!! you people (still) own the world, what i mean is:

a british citizen can fly in winter time to the british virgin island in the carribean and stilll be at "home" at zero costs, damn cheap tickets and so on . Or fly to Malta. Or many more islands that are still british.

14. David0301

David0301 Members

now, there are new laws with the roaming mobile phone contracts : it does not matter anymore where you are , as long as you are in the "zone" you talk as if you are at home. But you british people are everywhere "in the zone" hahahahahah

i just discovered that recently

15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yeah I haven't got a lot of money just at the mo but I want to take advantage of these cheap air fayres and get away more. Would rather have someone to travel with though...

Of course Malta will be our biggest trading partner after Brexit. Or is Malta in the EU. Fracked if I know.

16. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

What's your country of origin?

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Several years ago when I saw factory farm. I could see the animals understood what was going on and they did not live in good conditions. I did crave meat for a while and questioned if I could do it but I don't miss it now.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'll point out the obvious and say this is not actually a chat thread for random topics.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that their is a two pronged problem with doner. kebab meat.
    The first being with its origins and distribution. Their are no regulations for it's meat content, and no use before date. Heath inspectors have no idea whether the meat has been condemned for human consumption, mixed with non allowed meats (such as horse), or whether the cereal content is animal feed. They see these kebabs being delivered late at night, unwrapped and pulled out of the back of an un-refrigerated white van that looks as if it has been borrowed from a builder. Clearly, this is not always the case, but it happens quite a lot.
    The second problem is with cooking and storage of the cooked meat. While a steak will have bacteria on its outside, ground and mixed meat will have bacteria throughout its thickness. While the kebab is rotating on the skewer, it is cooked on the outside and raw in the middle. Therefore, it needs to be carved as cooked, rather than by the number of customers in the shop. Quiet times can be even worse, with problems ranging from the burner being turned too low to maintain 85 degree temperature, meat being carved and left to cool and worse still carved meat dropping onto the machine base where moisture and fat from the uncooked center of the meat can drop onto it.
    I can understand why authorities find the whole situation so difficult and are considering a ban as the easiest way out. Hopefully the industry will heed the early warnings and find a solution to setting standards. It will increase costs to people who are ignoring your health, but at least people will know what they are eating, the cowboys will go out of business and shops that already do everything properly will be allowed to continue trading with minimal additional costs.

20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Well, I knew it was crap, but that's really telling me!

wilsjane likes this.