Fake meat so good real meat is nervous

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by unfocusedanakin, Dec 6, 2017.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

where all these animals come from.. sheeps and squirrels

2. David0301

David0301 Members

exactly

funny how people only think of hormones and antibiotics when it comes to mass farming animals, there is way more bad things in it that we should stay away from: the stress,anxiety,depression hormones the animals released into their meat. Ask any butcher he will tell you the color of the meat looks weird. This is why (even in europe) they are allowed to stain the meat red. To make it look healthy. So that we can eat it. Otherwise we would not have touched it. (source:insider knowledge )

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's not an issue of "health" for vegans. Sure the human stomach can digest meat and it has nutrients. It's the moral choice of not taking life.

David0301 likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Almost all processed meat gets colored a little so it doesn't turn grey on the shelfs after awhile. Which it does anyway. Its normal.
    The thing is most people are used to the convenience of these longer shelf lifes, they take it for granted. And the artificial color as well.

David0301 likes this.
  5. David0301

David0301 Members

exactly
    up until 2 years ago i didnt care about all these things, i ate whatever was reachable to me lol , literally, went to Bk, Charles JR, Wendys, McDonalds, everywhere , you name it.
    It was just in 2016 when i woke up

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

So wacking a fish to death s ok?
    Putting a hook through its face is ok?
    Ripping it from it's very life, water! And dieing a slow painful death.. that's ok?
    But don't stun a cow so it does quick?

UK is one of the best countries in stopping the torment of transportation of animals in overloaded crates, to be killed abroad!

Over 3/4 of the nation's battery hens are released, or rehomed.

I would like you to say what your country is doing to help this David... Wanna tell us?

In gonna rename you, Preacher D..

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

gas is used a lot too

i cant remember what we used but we had packing/wrapping machines that would remove the oxygen and insert another gas to help preserve the meat colors...and extend shelf life but it was generally more for aesthetics

David0301 likes this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Bit like when you die, and you get embalmed..

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

i think they use carbon monoxide

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

One of her daughters spent 4 years training as a vet and specialized in pig farming. I spent hours on the farm with her and seeing the animals roaming free in the fields and the sows showing me their new litters was a wonderful experience. Knowing that all these animals were destined for the slaughter house and knowing how the battery farms worked got the better of her and she ended her studies to become a London police officer.
    She still has to deal with quite a few animals every Friday and Saturday night, but at least they get kicked out of the cells the following morning. Knowing her background, her sergeant dispatches her to calls involving the non human animals and needless to say, she shows little mercy if she comes across cruelty or abuse.

11. David0301

David0301 Members

are you serious??
    i did not know that, thanks for sharing!!

12. David0301

David0301 Members

hi ,

you are absolutely right!
    But as far as I remember the thuna fish cans i buy comes from the sea and they dont spear a hook through the fishs mouth, they use nets.

regarding UK and its measurements, interesting, i did not know that,
    regarding "my country" ? well i can tell you exactly what they do, since i do not belong to any nation nor have any national pride ,, here it is: austria does ish to improve the situation of the battery chickens. The only thing changed is adding a few centimeters to their cage lol and i am not kidding you, they have made the cage a little bigger hahahah , waoo what an accomplishment , so now the chickens have a 2cm bigger cage

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. David0301

David0301 Members

animal mass farming is soo lucrative that forests are being destroyed in order to make space for "farms", iimagine, and the government even subsidizes them,

the food industry is very very powerful, did you know that there are only a handful companies that operate with different brand names?

i dont see any change in animal torturing as long as people eat their so called "meat"

(your preacher david, morrow)

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The colorants are horrible, but at least today they are strictly regulated.
    Inert gas packaging is a major breakthrough. It uses pure nitrogen, making it impossible for bacteria to survive, thus saving the need to use chemical preservatives. The label says "Packaged in a protective environment" and something that is a major plus point in my opinion.

David0301 likes this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That's why I try not be pushy or judgemental about people who eat meat. It's a choice you have to make for yourself and it's part of human culture.

16. David0301

David0301 Members

exactly , never judge anybody by what they temporarily do. They might completely change tomorrow. You never know

17. David0301

David0301 Members

interesting, thanks

18. David0301

David0301 Members

when did you stop eating meat? and how did it happen?

i actually went vegan first for 1 year but then i lost so much muscle mass it doesnt look good on a tall guy (im6ft6) . People thought I had aids. So then , just for the sake of asthetics and stop people nagging me, I incorporated animal products like butter,eggs,joghurt,. No Meat though. Ocassionally im having a can of thuna though. At least thunafish arent tortured and drugged up so thats good.

what about you?

19. David0301

David0301 Members

im starting to like this chat

we also got special guests here , a sheep, a squirrel, and a gorilla

wilsjane likes this.
  20. David0301

David0301 Members

actually i was thinking a lot before incorporating animal byproducts back into my diet, and i came to the conclusion it is absolutely ok to have the produce of organically raised animals : like eggs, milk, and honey.
    Having been on a farm, i saw with my own eyes how chickens lay their eggs for you, literally FOR YOU, they want you to eat their eggs ( im not talking about the fertilized eggs, because they surely hide those ones) .

So I think the extremist vegans could back up a little bit, im talking about the "militant vegans" lol, i know them very well they get militant and try to convince others, persuade others ...they see veganism as a religion lol, not all though, but many of them

there is no harm in eating eggs or butter or dairy . no torture involved (if its organic) . no harm involved