Fake females/ Catfishing

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Candy Gal, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It seems like it would be really easy to catfish people. I suppose in the long run, money would be the ultimate object. A person would have to be strange or messed up to try and make fools out of others.

~Zen~ and Captain Scarlet like this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

True but not in all cases .

Some do it for attention seeking . A new female poster attracts far more interest than a new male poster .

Next time you see a new female poster join , just monitor the new followers on the posters profile page and you will see what I mean :)

6Sailor9 and scratcho like this.
  3. Just a bit of trivia
    Did you know where the term "catfish" came from?
    "Towards the end of the 2010 documentary Catfish, Nev Schulman finally meets the woman with whom he’s carried on a long-term online relationship. She is, he discovers, not young and single, but in her 40s and married. By way of metaphorical explanation, the woman’s husband, Vince Pierce, recounts the following story, which inspired the name of the film:

They used to tank cod from Alaska all the way to China. They’d keep them in vats in the ship. By the time the codfish reached China, the flesh was mush and tasteless. So this guy came up with the idea that if you put these cods in these big vats, put some catfish in with them and the catfish will keep the cod agile. And there are those people who are catfish in life. And they keep you on your toes. They keep you guessing, they keep you thinking, they keep you fresh. And I thank god for the catfish because we would be droll, boring and dull if we didn’t have somebody nipping at our fin.":eek:

4. Upnorthguy

Upnorthguy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A very recent banned member gave me a follow immediately after I gave a like on a comment. Red flag for me...I don't get many followers. :D

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  5. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, home-grown photos and stories are usually the most natural and real. You women are more subtle in your descriptions than the 'creative-writing' types are. Usually about four sentences in, the clues begin to pop up.Even when we men are writing about our spouses or gfs. Decorum prevails.

And real-life sexy stuff is pretty darn good on it's own!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    ~Zen~ likes this.
  6. oldguynurse

Interesting. I'd always felt it was the concept of "bottom feeders".

7. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Did some catfishing in the Platte river in Nebraska YEARS ago. Didn't like the boney suckers.:p

Upnorthguy and Candy Gal like this.
  8. oldguynurse

Ah, down here in Louisiana, they're a main food group, and we have our ways of dealing with the cleaning / preparing of 'em. Bones? Don' see no flippin' bones in a filet! And ours run from 2-3 pounds and on up from there. Smaller, we throw 'em back to grow up.

Candy Gal likes this.
  9. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor

Thanks candy gal for keep me and others safe the moderators are a real awesome group:):)

Candy Gal likes this.
  10. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

So very true. The sad part is that what few real females we have on HIP, are often pestered by unwanted PMs. I know a few that left because of this.

Redwingsfan and sureño like this.
  11. Candy Gal

LOL you are easily fooled by the fake females:D

Redwingsfan likes this.
  12. Varmint

Varmint Member

This thread is certainly not the most uplifting. Ten to one? Bad medicine, gang. Very bad medicine.

Candy Gal likes this.
  13. Candy Gal

The truth always hurts sadly.

MartNorth likes this.
  14. oldguynurse

Yes, there's that constant issue and question. How can we get more female input on all the varied Forums and Threads on all of the various topics? Starting with the 'female-weighted' general information topics.

Husbands and bfs signing up their hesitant, timid wives, gfs, then alerting and getting Candy, Zen, Captain and some of the mature female-lady-types to greet them upon their joining? Probably be difficult to arrange, but hey, it could work, given some planning. And as we all agree, there needs to be some changes made in the proportions.

FWIW.

Candy Gal likes this.
  15. Iscott55

Iscott55 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Very interesting

MoonGoddess likes this.
  16. oldguynurse

There's still the idea of 'bottom-feeders' looking for leftovers.

Desera_xoxo and Candy Gal like this.
  17. Varmint

Varmint Member

True, that. A woman from church once told me that, a year earlier I had given her a bit of advice and she wanted to slug me right in the mouth for it. As she told me this, she had taken heed to my advice, much to her own benefit. But she felt compelled to let me know that, at the time, my advice hurt because of her attachments to things I advised her to let go of.

The truth that hurts, then heals is always far superior to the lie that soothes, then destroys.

18. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

Thank you!!!!

Candy Gal likes this.
  19. Candy Gal

Love that. I am stealing that quote. x

Branleur and 6Sailor9 like this.
  20. oldguynurse

Some are quite reminiscent of Gaugin in his Tahiti period. The use of negative space, line.

Desera_xoxo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.