Fake females/ Catfishing

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Candy Gal, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett Members

Candy Gal likes this.
  2. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Candy Gal likes this.
  3. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

It takes more energy to fake it then to be real. Why waste the energy to pretend to be someone when you are not? You feel me?

Bilby and lion1978 like this.
  4. I wish there was a place online where the conmen and conwomen could be reported. I personally know of a man who has stolen from several women. One couldn’t do anything about it because he had convinced her to put him on her personal and business bank accounts. He emptied the accounts out. Police couldn’t do anything because she had given him full access. Please don’t ever let someone convince you to put their name on anything of yours. She went bankrupt and had to shut down her business which she had successfully owned for 25 years.

5. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

That is the purpose of this thread. It has almost happened here by PM.
    I have made a lot of friends on HIP, luckily they trust me enough to share and so it was stopped in time.

Mysteron and ~Zen~ like this.
  6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

My mate and I hooked up online. For months afterward, a 19 year old French exchange student kept emailing me from multiple addresses.
    We still laugh about that to this day.

Candy Gal likes this.
  7. Candy Gal

Another Fake. Lol

8. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I have always been wary of my interaction on the Internet, and have been contacted by a few nice people over the years:-
    • The very generous company who told me I'd been personally selected ti receive a big cash payment - once my 'Admin' cheque to them had cleared.
    • A lovely young girl - of 25 Years my junior, who 'saw my profile' and wanted to liaise with me via saucy pix exchange, - 'if only' she could get a proper PC (because she was sharing her Mothers) and lacked the money - she wondered if I could help ??
    • Another young lady who 'fell in love' with me and wanted to travel from her home Country to live with me and get married - but lacked the funds to travel, and asked if I could loan her such(?)
    Sadly, I was unable to supply these requests and these 'offers' were not taken up - ah well

Candy Gal and ~Zen~ like this.
  9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

One has to be mindful of any scams that are about, and Cat-fishing' preys on those who seem vulnerable - taking advantage of the emotionally sensitive is the way they work.
    It is too easy to set up false accounts, profiles and personas in the cyber-world world, and dangers treated with a blaise attitude by so'too many people, BUT - can have dire consequenes, both at the time and , ... in the future,-Nothing is totally lost when electroniaclly posted
    Until more significant penalties are able to be enforced this will not change.
    "Eternal villiance is the price we pay for freedom" (be it of speech, expressionism and/or choice of actions) methinks

Candy Gal and ~Zen~ like this.
  10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Henceforth my eternal vigilance continues in my quest to keep HipForums alive and a happy place.

11. BenS Alaskan

BenS Alaskan Members

Most informative

~Zen~ and Candy Gal like this.
  12. Candy Gal

Quite a few caught on HIP

~Zen~ likes this.
  13. BenS Alaskan

BenS Alaskan Members

I am the easiest victim but learning lingo. Definitions.

14. Naked

Naked Member

I have a story. I was romance scammed/catfished big time a while back. Not related to this site, so I don’t know if I should post it here or not.

15. Candy Gal

Keep names private. But maybe do a thread and link on this?

~Zen~ likes this.
  16. Naked

Naked Member

That’s an idea. Site announcements an ok section to put it in?
    I’ll of course keep names private. My name especially. Even the names these scammers were going by will be unmentioned.

Edit: scratch that question if I can post new thread here. I don’t have adequate privileges to do so. I’ll find a good place to put it. Moderators such as yourself Candy Gal can correct me if you deem it could would better fit elsewhere.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Candy Gal likes this.
  17. Candy Gal

NO put it in random thoughts

18. Naked

Naked Member

Feel free to move it from the love section then. :) My apologies for putting it in the wrong place.

19. Varmint

Varmint Member

Ahh....such an interesting thread, Candy Gal. Reminds me of a certain Bumpkin and a Runner we once had here. Never tried to get anything out of me, but then I'm rather hard to squeeze. As you've noticed, I'll talk with anyone, and anywhere. But I never date or get romantically involved with anyone, thus avoiding the leeches in our current society. I'm still amazed how many of these types there are. Some of my aquaintances are starting to think there may be something "broken" about me. They may be right, but my policies protect them from disappointment as much as me. Carry on, my friend.

Candy Gal, Totally Yoda and ~Zen~ like this.
  20. Candy Gal

That is a better place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.