Fahrenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'Movies' started by winston Smiths Diary, Jan 28, 2005.

1. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

of cause we can talk about a documentary autentique . talk away /peace/

2. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Nice one guys.
    To set the ball rolling I'll list some of the things I liked about the documentary and some that I didn't like.(I apologize if some themes are repeated from before).
    Pros:
    1. Documentary was handled in an entertaining fashion, so it didn't feel academic and hence boring to the average audience.
    2. Michael Moore did indeed touch a subject that few would dare to(although some have).
    3. The movie was promoted in such a way that it reached a vast audience around the world. Considering the tragedy of the lives lost in the Iraq conflict so far, that is a notable quality in itself.
    Cons:
    1. Important questions(some not even posted on this thread) were not even addressed due to a high sensitivity(these tend to be covered by governments with a 'blanket' of anti-racism when it suits them and their all-time favorite excuse: national security issue, go away!)
    2. A very bitter personal campaign against a president, who although seems to be probably the most unpopular in US history and the butt of many jokes, somehow managed to be re-elected. Would a more neutral stance helped MM's ultimate aim, by allowing people to judge the facts and not feel as if they're being fed some propaganda on the side of an otherwise valid documentary? I guess since we don't have a time machine we'll never know the answer.
    3. He asked what in court is known as 'leading questions'. Journalists are also superb at getting the answer that 'they' want. It's their profession. An example is when MM asked the US politicians in the street if they were willing to send their son(s) to fight in Iraq. I can't say that I didn't laugh when they looked as if they had been slapped in the face with a very large haddock. BUT. On second thought, who in the right frame of mind would send their offspring to war if they had a choice?
    Disclaimer: I have nothing against Michael Moore, his producer, associates, or pets. My opinion is my own sole, personal property and is offered in the context of promoting a friendly political debate and sharing views with fellow forum members with the aim to create a wide spectrum of views. God bless us all. Amen. Don't forget to brush your teeth.[​IMG]

3. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

its not even a documentary people. go watch something worthwhile that is 100% DOCUMENTED 9/11 the road to tyranny it tells you wwhere they got their info! does michael moore tell you where he got his bullshit? nope!

4. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Ok.. with this one, I didn't feel it was wrong to do this, because.. first of all, I think he did it to add a humor twist, I mean it was funny. Second.. the point of it was to show that the people that say Yes to War.. Say No to send their Kids.. so its contradictory..

5. OhMyJiMi84

OhMyJiMi84 Member

This movie is honest, funny, dark, depressing, and thought- provoking. I give it a 5 out of 5.

6. AquaMoon

AquaMoon Member

It was certainly an interesting watch. I enjoyed it, both for the content and the clever way it was put together. We'll never know the whole truth about anything that's going on, and I think it was Michael Moore's intention to convey that to us.

7. White Scorpion

Fair comments. And since Michael Moore has protected the weak and innocent by revealing the truth to us worker beeswe should all go back to bed safely and not question anything, because uncle Mike will always be there with his camera to protect us. Amen.

8. LordInsanity

LordInsanity Member

I am a open-minded person and look at both sides before making a decision

I loved the movie..but there where some parts of the movie that didn't give Bush his credit that was due to him.....alot of people put him down for reading for a extra 10mins to kids after the first plane hit......i think he did the right thing...running around with his head cut off would have caused problems in the lower ranks of cabinet.

9. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

maybe he was learning to read himself . the cat sat on the mat. /peace /,

10. White Scorpion

Fair comment. How is uncle George gonna save the world if he can't even learn to read. You have to take everything in the correct order. Who knows? At this rate he might even get to read the constitution!
    [​IMG]

11. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

wow, its still going, glad to see I haeve spread a little sun shine!

[​IMG]

Vote MM

12. purple grass

purple grass Member

I love that movie, I could go on and on about it. It's basically just bashing George Bush. I love it. He deserves it. I've seen it a lot, I get so interested in it when I watch it. I get so wrapped up in thought.