Fahrenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'Movies' started by winston Smiths Diary, Jan 28, 2005.

1. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

Fahrenheit 9/11 was on british TV last night, I have seen it before on DVD!

I think it is a really interesting film, very eye opening!

It was slated in all the TV magazines and there are a lot who call it but I think every one should see this film.

It shows George Bush up for who he really is and proves that he is merely a front man for the oil and weapons manufactures.

Any way this is only my opinion, what do you think?

2. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I enjoyed the movie immensely, even though it looked very one sided(as is the norm for Michael's work). Still, as I look around me, I don't see it has had any effect, as the White House wasn't vacated, as was expected. We can see and hear the truth as long as there's nothing we can do about it.

3. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I though it was a good movie

4. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

it did not change my mind .. apart from using the images of dead people is very manipulative..but ermm i already knew that :( .. so nope no change of opinion here..

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Moore is out for his own interests. I liked his movie for the footage alone, but overall I thought it was pretty weak. He didn't cover even a quarter of what people SHOULD know about 9/11 and the war in Iraq, instead he opted to rip on Bush for most of the movie. But I guess that's what it takes to sell movies -- style over substance.

Moore doesn't expose "the truth." He exposes small bits of the truth that most informed people are already aware of, which ultimately detracts from the REAL questions that should be asked.... like what really happened on 9/11, and why we are really fighting in Iraq.

Moore is a typical leftist, and his ultimate agenda is not to expose the truth. It's to make money, schmoze with Hollywood elites, fatten his ego (among other things) and kow-tow to the Democratic Party.

Did anyone see him sitting with the Carters at the DNC? What a fucking sell-out!

People like Moore, who are ultra-partisan and conformists of the two-party paradigm/lie, don't do a very good job of winning people over. If he simply stuck to the facts instead of resorting to what is essentially a polemic, I think he would have won more people over. But again, he hardly touched on any of the facts that most people didn't already know.

I'd give the movie 2.5 out of 5 stars. It was average at best.

6. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

watched this film with great interest last night . it was a toss up between robo cop (could this happen ) ? ( duracell batteries needed ) and farenheight 9/11 .as they say the truth comes out in the end . / peace /

7. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Good movie but like Pressed Rat said, it ignores the real issues. He'd be well within his rights to ask more questions about 9/11 that have not been answered. Is it true Farenheit 9/11 is not allowed to be shown on U.S television? I heard that rumour but I'm not sure if its true, if it is true that censorship speaks volumes. I apoligise in advance if I'm wrong about that.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

It's allowed, I don't think anyone has shown it yet, besides OnDemand. I don't know if you guys have that over there.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I thought it was pointing out the obvious, but still pretty well done. I liked it.

10. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

I really like it. I agree that it was the minimum amount of real information moore could have put, but I think if I didn't hate Bush before, I would now. Unfortuneately, I don't think any of my racist, gun-toting neighbors saw this movie. Only one theater within 100 miles showed it- and for a very short time.

11. Duck

I think anyone that was influenced by this movie in anyway is really dumb. My friend's sister thinks Bush just golfs everyday because of that movie, she even went to those stupid protests on Inaugaration Day. Everyone I know that is for Bush or against liberal's saw the movie and had a great laugh. Some of the more in-between people and liberals I know actaully believed that stupid shit.

12. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

Why are stupid conservatives at this site? I mean isn't there an NRA forum, a sports forum, or a pro-life forum that you are missing out on?

13. seamonster66

Anyone who can't see a connection between the Bushs business and political ties isn't looking.

you know people who are "for Bush" ? Sucks that you are firends with complete morons. Not that all republicans are morons by any stretch, but anyone who thinks he is doing a good job is blind.

14. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

The movie is really only good for a laugh. Sure, there are some facts, but he doesn't really make much of a case, and he missed almost all of the important facts. On top of it all, he didn't really tie anything together. It's a bit of a mess.

If you want a real movie on 9/11, watch Michael C. Ruppert's The Truth and Lies of 9/11. It's a tape of the lecture he gave in November 2001 (just two months after the attacks) at Portland State University. It includes appearances and commentary by Peter Dale Scott, Ph.D. (U.C. Berkeley); Former Assistant HUD Secretary Catherine Austin Fitts; John Metzger, Ph.D., Michigan State University; The Hon. Cynthia McKinney (D), Georgia; The Hon. Barbara Lee (D), CA; and the Hon. Ron Paul (R), TX.

15. Duck

Why do you liberals have to get so rude when someone disagrees with you? I'm not a conservative you dumb bitch. just because I don't like liberals doesn't mean I'm conservative.

16. seamonster66

*I'm not a liberal. I hate people that support Bush though. I'm intolerant. I didn't call you conservative, I called your Bush supporting friends morons.

Your use of the term "liberal" even pisses me off, its like anyone who isn't far right must be "liberal."

17. Duck

I was talking to Amanda's Shadow, I should have qouted her, my bad

18. seamonster66

no problem......yea i can see your point there

19. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

// and you call her a dumb bitch .pot calling the kettle me thinks .i personally think your a dumb knobhead duck .quack quack the dumb knobs back .

20. Duck

*shakes head*
    I have no response to something that amazingly stupid. Not the content but the ppre-school level of typing.