Fahrenheit 9/11 will be out in US before July 4th!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by skip, Jun 2, 2004.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Moore's movie has finally found a number of distributors.

Fahrenheit 9/11 finds coalition of willing distributors

Guardian

Wednesday June 2, 2004

After being famously dropped by Disney, Michael Moore's award-winning documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 has finally secured US distribution and will hit American cinemas on June 25.

The film is to be released by a partnership of Lions Gate Films, IFC Films and the Fellowship Adventure Group, which was formed by Miramax's Harvey and Bob Weinstein specifically to market Moore's film.

"I am grateful to them now that everyone who wants to see it will now have the chance to do so," Moore said in a statement. "On behalf of my stellar cast - GW, Dick, Rummy, Condi and Wolfie - we thank this incredible coalition of the willing for bringing Fahrenheit 9/11 to the people."

Moore's film, which recently won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes film festival, criticises President George Bush's response to the Sept 11 2001 terrorist attacks and connects the Bush family with Osama bin Laden's.

Having bought the rights to the movie from The Walt Disney Co, which owns Miramax, the Weinsteins will personally finance and control distribution and marketing. In a settlement reached last week, the Weinsteins repaid their parent company for all costs of the film to date, estimated at around $6m. Any profits from the film's distribution that go to Miramax or Disney will be donated to charity.

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Yay! More irelevent mud slinging from the bitchiest liberal around!

3. Muzz

Muzz Member

I wonder how many people are going to protest the movie. I want to see it.

4. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

wooohooooo!!! I Have been wanting to see this movie!

5. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Woot!

Now if only I can find a theatre in Texas that will carry it :p

6. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

LOL there better be one here in Texas to carry it damnit! :p

7. DharmaBum

DharmaBum Old Guard

Hey BlackVelvet ,i'll come to America and take you to see it ,if yeh like[​IMG]

8. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

lol DharmaBum..you know I'd like that! Just a few more weeks til yer here! Yay!!!
    ;)

9. WE1

WE1 Member

My son and I have already decided;we are are going to see the movie as soon as it is released.

10. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well we get enough of it from right-wingers.

11. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

So more from the left just levels out the scale?

And the left spews out way more bullshit than the right. The right is just wrong more often.

12. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

that's great news!

The evening news (Tom Brokaw) just showed a few clips from the movie.

In one clip, Bush is giving a fund raising speech in front of his $$supporters and he says "here's to the have's, and the has more".......in another clip he's saying to his $$supporters "some call you elitists, I call you my power base"

Hey, Maxipad(power), this is straight from Bushboy's mouth, so it ain't bullsheeet like you think. Save your judgements until the film comes out. Michael Moore just has it all on film, edited, put together superbly, with really cool hippie music......it really pisses you off....doesn't it....and pisses of the elite Republican chickenhawks!!!! I'm going to laugh my ass off when this film hits the theaters.....why don't all you conservative rightwingers come on down and protest.....put yer money where your piehole is! take a stand for your Bushman!

13. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

You damn right, Moore's movies are edited beyond credibility. At least you admit that. Did anyone else notice that in Bowling for Columbine, Charleton Heston's tie changed colors in midspeech, and his hairdo switched twice in the same speech? Of course not, you were too busy blindly obeying Moore's "down with the rich Republican elite" war cry (fun fact: Moore is a millionaire who owns multiple luxury vehicles and a huge mansion in Los Angeles. Think of all the people in his movies that he could have helped instead of buying such unnecessary things) to objectively consider or process what you were watching.

And where in the hell did you get the idea that I loved Bush? I hate the man, he put my country into trillions of dollars in debt and his social and economic policies blow hard, chunky ass. What I love is how you people throw around stereotypes and labels at the drop of a hat, as if anyone who dosen't like Michael Moore loves Bush. Is there no middle ground? No shades of gray in between? Any room for INDIVIDUAL OPINION AND PERSOANL PREFERENCE THAT DOSEN'T BLINDLY ADHERE TO A PRE-ESTABLISHED SOCIAL ESTABLISHMENT? Of course not, what could I have been thinking? Anyone who does not take for gospel truth everything that barking liberals like Moore say must be a wealthy, Bush-supporting elitist. My bad.

14. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Yes, he does edit his movies, but not beyond credibility. And he must be doing something right, if he continues to make money off his films, meaning alot of people believe in his films, pay money to see them, making him able to financially make more movies. Good for him. Sounds like good ol' capitalism to me. Alot of liberals, myself included, believe in capitalism. I even drive an SUV (oh horrors of horrors, a liberal driving an SUV!!). If I made a ton of money off movies, or whatever job I chose, I would buy a nice house, maybe even a mansion! So what. That doesn't mean he, or anyone else that purchases such items, is not true to their fundamental belief system. And Moore's way of "giving back to society" is his gift of film. He is opening up peoples eyes and minds with this films. THAT, is "giving back to society" as far as I'm concerned. More power to him.

You really did sound like you were leaning to the right, but so what. To each his/her own. I think alot of us in here are really on edge because of what is happening in our country. I know that I'm extremely "edgey" right now and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and keep my mouth shut over ANYTHING anymore. I hate what Bush and his whores have done to our country and I feel like slapping every fucking Republican in the face.....

so, there. See you at the movies.

15. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

LOL..AMEN!!!

16. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I disagree, because by those standards everyone who makes money must be doing something right. Were the Enron execs right just because they make money? Are organizations like Fox News right just because people continue to watch and (wrongly) trust the information they provide? No, they aren't. Moore makes money off sensationalism, not facts. I love his movies and books, but for entertainment only.

I also don't think that anyone's mind is being opened by Moore's films, because they only tell one side of the story. If you believed everyting that he said, you would beleive that Bush was the worst political figure in history and that he is raping our nation of everything that is good and holy with his unrealisticaly small cock, which just isn't true. Nowhere in Moore's movies will you see good, balanced, nonpartial analysis that dosen't have a politcal motive behind it, and if you do it was purely unintentional. What I don't like about Moore is that he sells (at a huge profit mind you) his very extreme opinion off as factual evidence and people actually take it as truth. In my opinion, he's no better than Bill O'Reilley or Rush Limbaugh, just on the other side of the spectrum.

17. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

18. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

I can't read the link, it wants me to register. Could you cut 'n paste it FireQuint?

19. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I'll have to take your word about Bush's cock size, as it isn't something that I would really want to see.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess....

:)

20. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

Berg was nervous over Iraq in footage

[​IMG]
    [size=-1]By Jason Straziuso[/size]
    [​IMG]
    [size=-1]Associated Press[/size]
    [​IMG]
    In a 16-minute interview shot for Michael Moore's latest film, West Chester resident Nick Berg said he was nervous about the security situation in Iraq as he prepared to travel there as an independent businessman, Berg's family said yesterday.

Moore's crew shot the footage at an Iraqi business conference in Arlington, Va., on Dec. 4, brother David Berg said. Nicholas Berg's decapitated body was found in Baghdad on May 8, and a video of his killing was posted on an Islamic militant Web site several days later.

Moore confirmed Thursday that he had footage of Berg - shot for the anti-President Bush film Fahrenheit 9/11 - but said he would share it only with the family. Berg's brother and sister praised Moore for that, and said they would also keep the footage private.

Berg's sister, Sara Berg, said her brother told Moore's crew he was nervous about his safety.

"He recognized it was a concern, and he kind of pointed out that he'd worked in difficult situations before," Sara Berg said in a telephone interview from her Virginia home. "It's definitely something that he didn't shrug off."

Nick Berg went missing on April 10.

Sara Berg said her brother seemed enthusiastic in the footage. David Berg said it was "weird seeing Nick talk," but described the interview as dry. He said the first thing he noticed was that his younger brother - who was most comfortable in casual clothes - wore a suit.

"It's one of the few times I've seen him dressed up, and he looked really good," David Berg said by phone from his home outside Newark, N.J.

The interview, which was not conducted by Moore, centered on the technical work that Nick Berg hoped to find repairing radio towers on behalf of his company, Prometheus Methods Tower Service. Berg, 26, also talked about humanitarian work that he did in Uganda and Kenya.

"Michael Moore has really been a total class act with this whole thing," David Berg said. "He could have sold this to the media or stuck it in his movie."

Nick Berg's parents will see the video after returning to their West Whiteland home from vacation, David Berg said.

Fahrenheit 9/11, which recently won the top prize at the Cannes Film Festival, accuses the Bush administration of stealing the 2000 election, overlooking terrorism warnings before Sept. 11, 2001, and fanning fears of more attacks to secure American support for the Iraq war.