Fahrenheit 9/11 Brings the House Down in Cannes!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by skip, May 17, 2004.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

The unprecendent reception for the world premiere of Michael Moore's new film, Fahrenheit 9/11 included a 20 minute standing ovation! This film has already met lots of political pressure in the states which is the only place he hasn't been able to get a distributor.

Who wouldn't want to carry it now!

"20 mins standing ovation for FAHRENHEIT 9-11, yelling, screaming, cheering... 'This is the longest stading ovation in the history of the festival! Unbelievable!' declared Cannes stalwart Thierry Fremaux. Moore, raising fist, unable to speak over crowd, vows to fight... Controversial scene in film shows wounded American GI in Iraq talking about how Democrats must win election... Movie shows video of U.S. soldiers laughing as they place hoods over Iraqi detainees, with one of them grabbing a prisoner's genitals through a blanket... "

- Drudge Report

2. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

disney. :rolleyes:

i hope a distributer can be found in time for it to be released july 4th weeked, as planned. i'm dying to see this one!

3. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

I only pray that this film gains sufficient distribution to begin the tidal wave of public demand for the full and thorough public and JUDICIAL (read: not appointed by the administration nor comprised of any career politicians with their own similar big money interests) investigation that allows for no stone to be left unturned, including the phone records of every member of the administration (along with peripheral parties like Richard Perle) and the computer files of the Pentagon, NORAD and the CIA/NSA.

Then perhaps those glaring inconsistencies in the cover story will show to the snide and dismissive right wingers that key elements in this government and the military command structure were the ones who carried out the destruction (as is most cinsistent with independent enquiries currently labelled "conspiracy theories".

On that day ill dance for joy as i feed the willfully deluded and reactionary warmongering right wing Bushbots piece after piece of humble pie till they choke on it!

4. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

Michael Moore is a fat piece of shit. And not because he's liberal.

5. Skyzar

Skyzar Member

oh please, wtf?

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I totally despise Michael Moore, but I like a lot of the things he has to say.

7. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

Austrian TV reported at the moment, that Robert Redford bought the rights on the movie and it schould be published worldwide (even USA) in August.

8. Skyzar

Skyzar Member

August? when are the re-elections?

9. HappyHaHaGirl

That's good to know....Robert Redford is a cool guy. I'm really looking forward to seeing it someday... :)

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Michael Moore's work is littered with mistruths and distorted fatcs. I wouldn't pay a dollar to see one of his movies after seeing Bowling For Columbine, which is largely a work of twisted facts geared towards presenting how Michael Moore wants you to see things, rather than how they really are. Nobody who has done reseach would fall for such a sham.

How is a corporate far-leftist like Micheal Moore any better than a corporate far-righty like Rush Limbaugh, when all these bloated egos do is continuously twist facts to fit their perceived reality? Blatant propaganda isn't my thing. Maybe it is yours, though. To each their own.

Sorry, but I'd rather watch a movie by a director who appeals to a more intelligent, enlightened crowd. Michael Moore is for the crowd that pretends to know about politics and world-issues, but doesn't have a clue. They just go along with all the rhetoric of that end of the spectrum, which is often as invalid as that on the exact opposite end.

I am as anti-Bush and anti-government as they come, and I still think Michael Moore is a fraud. There are people out there who are much more radical than Moore, yet make more sense than he does.

I have a feeling the new documentary doesn't cover anything I haven't read already. Anyone with half a brain knows that the bin Ladens and the Bushes are linked. It's old news already. But the mainstream audiences that Moore's movies often appeal to are probably unaware of this, because like most Americans, they have no desire or higher-knowledge.

Michael Moore is just a money-grubbing yuppie. Sorry, but that's how I feel. He's a bad as the rest of 'em.

11. Skyzar

Skyzar Member

Maybe thats what we need at the moment? a completely opposite view, which would attract the dumass. Then after seeing both sides we can settle for something in between?and have true democracy? (well..as truthfull as it can get in America?)

12. Skyzar

Skyzar Member

ehh..which i can edit....meant give rise...blah..

13. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Oh no you don't

14. HappyHaHaGirl

Will you pay my way? I'll hold your hand. :) And agree with everything you say.

I do wish I could go see it with some of you guys, because all my friends here are brainless morons.... :( And I am their leader.

15. Pressed_Rat

Of course it doesn't make you a mindless drone. You're only a mindless drone if you believe everything he presents - without question - like many people do. You wouldn't believe how many people came in here following the release of Bowling for Columbie, after just seeing it, basically praising everything Moore said and presented in the documentary, without any desire to question or research anything further? I mean, would you watch a movie made by by some ultra-conservative and believe everything he presents in it? Of course not - no logical, free-thinking person would. Don't think the left doesn't has every bit as much of a hidden agenda as the right.

I actually love Moore's first documentary about the GM layoffs in Flint, Michigan, which basically sent an entire community into poverty because of the greed of CEO's. The documentary is titled Roger and Me. It's really a great piece of work Moore compiled in his early days, before he sold-out and became an egotistical money-whore.

I didn't loose respect in Moore until I saw Bowling for Columbine and realized that Moore takes his audience to be nothing more than idiots who will blindy believe everything that comes from his fat mouth.

16. Pressed_Rat

Of course it doesn't make you a mindless drone. You're only a mindless drone if you believe everything he presents - without question - like many people do. You wouldn't believe how many people came in here following the release of Bowling for Columbie, after just seeing it, basically praising everything Moore said and presented in the documentary, without any desire to question or research things further? I mean, would you watch a movie made by by some ultra-conservative and believe everything he presents in it? Of course not - no logical, free-thinking person would. Don't think the left doesn't has every bit as much of a hidden agenda as the right.

I actually love Moore's first documentary about the GM layoffs in Flint, Michigan, which basically sent an entire community into povery because of the greed of CEO's. The documentary is titled Roger and Me. It's really a great piece of work Moore compiled in his early days, before he sold-out and became an egotistical money-whore.

I didn't loose respect in Moore until I saw Bowling for Columbine and realized that Moore takes his audience to be nothing more than idiots who will blindy believe everything that comes from his fat mouth.

17. Pressed_Rat

Kinda sucks I can't even edit my thread.

18. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Oh no you don't

19. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Oh no you don't

20. Pressed_Rat

In Bowling for Columbine, Moore basically portays America as being a bunch of gun-loving whackos, which certainly might be that case in Moore's former neck of the woods, but certainly not here, and probably not in most non-urban parts of the US either. I have never owned a gun in my life, let alone handled one.

In BFC, Moore leads you to believe that innocent children are dropping like flies from handguns, when the true reality is that this is a rare occurance. The people most often getting shot and killed are far from innocent, they're urban ganstas who live for that violent lifestyle. They are killing each other.

Moore uses a few remote incidents to make the entire country look like we have a major gun problem that extends well beyond the urban areas when we don't. The entire topic of the movie just completely uninterested me because it appeared Moore was doing nothing other than making Americans look stupid, simply because they're American. I generally don't think Americans are any more stupid than the inhabitants of any other country.

I mean, just how often do you hear of YOUNG children being shot and killed by guns, Mike? Not very often. More children die on a daily basis from car accidents and falls than they ever will from guns.

Besides all of this, much of the information Moore presents is either flat-out false, or grossly distorted. There are MANY sites on the web that do a good job of debunking Moore's lies (Google it). Of course you could say these people too have their own agendas and are probably right-wing whackos, but I doubt they are. Just watch the movie, then do some of your own research and come to your own conclusion (something few Moore fans probably do, which is think for themselves).

Lastly, I think Moore is just flat-out arrogant, and I have a hard time believing anything that a person like him would say based on his character and status alone.

In many ways, Moore represents exactly what he appears to hate. In a lot of ways he's your all-around American; he's fat, rich, and very arrogant. He probably wouldn't give you the time of day either.