facial expressions and you

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by 87s, Mar 14, 2008.

1. 87s

87s Member

does anyone else notice that only gay guys have a hard time keeping a straight face? (that sounds so wrong) i have not met any straight guys in my whole life who has this problem and it ANNOYS THE HELL OUTTA ME.

i don't know what is it! i get told once in awhile that i look like i'm about to burst out laughing when really i'm not doing it on purpose and i'm not doing anything. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it's so frustrating! the smiling muscles in my mouth is fucked up or something. the problem comes up like 90% of the time when i'm talking to my siblings. we'll be having normal convos and i'll just want to smile for no reason. i have to look away just so i won't. it's retarded. i have to chew gum to stop it. the only time when i feel it's completely gone is when i wake up every morning and when i'm really pissed off. other then that most of the day it's and on and off battle of keeping a straight face in front of people. oh and while this is going on it looks like im frowning. yes im weird.

sigh.

2. Drew_445

Drew_445 Member

i'm sorta weird in that way, i suppose. like i'll just be talking to someone and i'll looked like i'm stoned when im actually really into the convo. or like the other day at school this freakin sexy skater stared at me(he's like the clown of the class, so was probably trying to be funny) I stared back a bit, looked away, stared back cause he was still staring and the dorkiest smile spread across my face!!! i quickly turned away to my friend sitting next to me blushing lmao. ah, high school sucks.

3. qiangtsi

qiangtsi Member

WOW! That's absolutely true! I THINK i have a str face and behave like a stupid str! but ppl can recognise i am gay at their first glance?! They said I have such quality! unbelievable..although i am not bothered by being recognising. but still wondering that i mean really? how come ppl can be so shrewd to know i am gay

4. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I don't have an issue like that.

However, many people have told me that my face is very animated and I make many different facial expressions in conversation.

5. Drew_445

Drew_445 Member

i'm the opposite, when someone else is talking i look like im uninterested or thinking of something else...when i talk about something excited my face muscles are all over xP

6. ibe a-ta

ibe a-ta Member

only thing I've been told about my face is I have got evil eyes

witch my boyfriend disagrees with (I love the sound of that word my boyfriend [​IMG] )

7. Zachimus

Zachimus Member

I guess I'll do the smiling bit every once in a while, but that's only if I'm not really paying attention to the conversation and just getting amused by the other person...

8. calisouth

calisouth Member

9. Joey*

Joey* Freaky Supportr Dude

I always pay attention (or try to)when someone else is speaking and I'll say things like,.Yea and then uh huh,ok,yep uh huh I know yea mmm mm,and etc.
    I don't smile anymore than anyone else but I can't keep from making jokes and acting funny,I like have a compulsion I really can't take anything that seriously,mostly cause I think so much of it is just bullshit anyway.Strange thing is I really do take it seriously though and I guess I'm blowing off steam I dunno_Once you get to know me I'm very animated and may either talk you to death or will make you laugh and laugh(or try lol)I just can't stop.I get so frustrated with all the worlds crap so this is one thing I do to help me and others feel better.I don't usually talk to people I don't know,and I don't know who thinks I'm bi/gay or whatever(I don't care anyways)but I don't think I come off that way at all,but I really can't tell most of the time.I think some of the time at least people can tell Ahh Who Cares Anyway?LOL.I think my face looks normal and not different to anyone but I really don't know what people are thinking.
    Peace,
    Joey*,..
    [​IMG]

10. Sgt.Peppers420

Sgt.Peppers420 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm not gay, but I have that problem all the time. Smiling at inappropriate times etc. I think it has to do with being comforable with youself, and whats wrong with being happy all the time? I think most straight guys acutally are not comfortable with themselves so put of a "wall" to appear "manly" maybe? I've always been a bit more feminin than most, maybe that plays into it...but here's a straight guy without that problem..so you've met at least one now ;)

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hmmm, yes......that extra happy / innocence retained into adulthood thing, one of the things likely to set off my gaydar, seems more often than not to point to exclusive gay

12. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

I've always had weird mannerisms.

13. 87s

87s Member

hmm i worded my first post wrong. it's supposed to be some gay guys but yeah i don't really have a problem keeping a normal face but for people i'm around w/ longer or people who are really silly w/ me, it shows.

14. scub

scub Member

lol i guess im not the only one. even sometimes when i think about what i did on a given day, i look back and i 99% even up either laughing or a huge smile.

i thought it's because i smoke refer, but after reading everyone's comment it makes me feel more normal ;) being bi almost makes me feel a natural high anyway, and i think that's why some of us just act so happy and always smiling even if it means making werid facial expressions.

i think gay people in general are just way more sophisticated and smarter than the average bear. we're just happy people i guess.

15. 87s

87s Member

mm it's not so much about being happy but having a hard time keeping a straight face when nothing is happening is the prob i'm talking about.

16. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

i get lots of coments over how i never smile.

17. TaylorTiamat

TaylorTiamat Member

well, since i came out my face has been more animated:)

but i dont see it as a bad thing

i mean, before i came out, i could hold a straight face, keep the interested look (even if they were boring me to hell) and everything, but since people have known, i dont really think much of it anymore....

i have such a rangeo of facial expressions its unreal...i create them on the spot as to what i think goes best with the situation....

anyway, back on the point, no. its not hard for me to keep a straight face, but occasionally i'll slip and people will guess im gay...but eh...they'll find out soon enough

~G

18. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

wait a minute are you guys thinking that a man smileing means he's gay?!

19. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

That's weird...I'm almost incapable of keeping a straight face too and tend to smile a lot for no reason. I doubt it's a gay thing though because I know a gay guy who can keep a very straight face

20. 87s

87s Member

shrug i tend to see it once in awhile on a gay guy but never straight guys.

ps ur cat scares me