Facebook

Discussion in 'Hip or Not?' started by skip, Jul 12, 2012.

1. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

From my understanding, thinking Facebook is not hip (overrated is also used) while having a Facebook is... hip. So, just have Facebook, tell everyone it's overrated, and you're be hip.

2. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

deleted my facebook, feel so liberated now, not to be overwhelmed by notifications, drama, etc.

3. shur-y-not

shur-y-not Members

I've met more family on FB than in real life. So I need it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Almost all of my pool tournaments etc. are all over Facebook so I use it regularly for that to organize matches and see stats etc. :)

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

only belong to weed pages on facebook. .

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Getting Slightly Off Topic Here, Gypsy Liveaboard..... I Just Love Your Boat Cat.......Is Boatcat

His Real Name...???... :)

Cheers Glen.

7. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

It's ok.......mostly nothing too exciting, often highly superficial, sometimes drama!, sometimes just plain ridiculous, narcissistic & every so often highly useful & interesting.

I mostly just dip in & out of it really.

As to whether it's hip? I dunno...I've heard snaptwat is what all the cool cats are on nowadays.......buuuuuuut I've never been very cool,. so I don't know & I don't really care.

8. fundoo

fundoo Members

And this is the reason for my anxiety!! Well, part of it! :p But I need FB right now. My groups are there. I am exhausted though from trying to keep everything straight. And yeah, depressed because of the social aspect of it. Do folks like me? Are they worried because I'm not too personal? Am I too personal?? bleh! I didn't want it, fought for so long. I wish I could get off, but it's the only place to keep in touch with some. Idk. And these thread posts don't help, but in a way they do. I'd like to maintain FB but be safe. Possible?? Well, I'm hoping, but I'm sensing I'll deactivate it if necessary.

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Facebook is pretty superficial, if you ask me.

I have my Neighborhood Watch group on there and I keep up with pics of my grandkids from there.

10. It's okay. I just like to see all the different people and what they're doing. If you can look past all the latent passive aggressiveness and what not then it's a good place as any to fill your heart with love for other people.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it was alright until they made me an admin of my work page. now i can't even sign on without getting 10 notifications about random hillbillies liking the page or some random post on it.

12. Time Out of Mind

Time Out of Mind Members

I’ll expand an old H.S.T. quote

I feel the same way about Facebook as I do about disco and herpes.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  13. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I'm only hanging onto Facebook due to a group I admin and own. I'm strongly considering getting rid of Facebook by the end of the year. Pretty pathic to having to word your sentences in way as to not trigger a warning or a ban. I'm on a 30 day restriction from a post I made back in 2018.