Facebook

Discussion in 'Hip or Not?' started by skip, Jul 12, 2012.

1. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

Facebook..hell no

2. billjones

billjones Banned

Soon you'll be able to find anything you want on Facebook, except for the thousands of hours of your life you lost going on Facebook."

3. billjones

billjones Banned

"A new report found that Facebook has created more than 450,000 jobs. Unfortunately, photos posted on Facebook have ended 550,000 jobs." –Jimmy Fallon

4. billjones

billjones Banned

"A new Facebook app is coming out that will remind users exactly what they were doing a year ago from that day. Nine times out of 10, the answer will be 'wasting your time on Facebook.'" –Conan O'Brien

5. billjones

billjones Banned

Hey family, everyone, focus please! smile

It's time to bring our family home to www.worldrainbowfamily.org! I have composed a message which we can spread everywhere to get rainbow off facebook and promote our new home here! Feel free to copy and paste the below wherever you want... aho!

Dear rainbow family of living light,

At the global gathering of the tribes in Palenque, Mexico, December 2012, the rainbow family envisioned a new home for ourselves on the internet. Our brother Daniel, an expert web developer, heeded the call and spent hundreds of hours creating the excellent www.worldrainbowfamily.org - a social network for rainbows with a similar functionality to Facebook. A couple of mouse clicks is all that is needed to import your Facebook profile and set up an account at www.worldrainbowfamily.org. Here we can communicate safely, stay in touch with each other, create discussion groups for various topics, spread visions from vision councils, create projects, focalize scouting, etc.

There is wide agreement at rainbow gatherings that Facebook is not a suitable communication channel for rainbow. We don't want to support a huge corporation which is only concerned with profits, we don't want our information and conversations to be shared with companies and governmental agencies behind our backs, we don't want to take part in global brainwashing. worldrainbowfamily.org can be our safe place, run by ourselves for ourselves, where communication is more focussed and open and where there's a much smaller chance of being cencored if your opinion does not align with Facebook's or the admin of a group. What we share is still open but only to those who deliberately seek it out.

Here's an example of how Facebook works against our purposes. One half of the world rainbow gathering 2013 took place in a remote corner of Canada. The locals were horrified when they discovered an open invitation to a Facebook event in a small, pristine national park to which 2000 people had registered themselves as "going". Many locals (even loggers!) protested our presence, we ended up on state-wide TV, the government had to take action, the rangers closed the park and a First Nation chief was flown in by helicopter to tell us that we were not welcome. 200 family turned up to the gathering and we left the park cleaner than what it had been when we'd arrived, but that's not the story the TV is going to tell or the impression that's going to be left in the minds of the average Canadian.

By all means continue to use Facebook if you want. But at least for rainbow-related communication, let's do ourselves a favour. Now we have a chance to take a big step as a family away from control and commerce and into the world we are trying to manifest on all levels - in our hearts, at our gatherings, in our lands and communities and even on the internet.

See you at www.worldrainbowfamily.org! Now!

6. odonII

odonII O

billjones

Why not remove 'or log in with Facebook'?

7. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

facebook sucks worse than pennsylviana

8. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

I say… don't care.

What does it matter? Who cares what is cool or not cool as long as you enjoy it.

9. billjones

billjones Banned

You must be a Wal-Mart Hippy !!Certainly no respectable Hippie would would talk as you do.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You must be another judgemental individual concerned with subcultural clichés.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, that's kind of the point of the "hip or not" subforum.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We can give an opinion about things we don't care about. Curiously, most things I do not enjoy or don't care about at all seem to be uncool :p

13. billjones

billjones Banned

BaBlah, bablah, bablah !

14. Madesh

Madesh Member

Nah it certainly ain't hip, it sums up world disposed from genuine love and personal contact, immersed in a virtual existence far removed from reality.....

...as a Level 80 Dwarf Warlord I find this 'friendship' and chat greatly disturbing :frown:

Madesh :sunny:

15. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I have a Hippie facebook profile!!! I use it to chat with ppl online and for party info.

But I have been using it a lot lately... and I'm in dire need of friends!!
    now.. I obviously cant use my real life Friends because the profile name is ...
    "Rippes are Fractals"

feel free to send a friend request (I got no personal info up there)
    I just think its cool shit!!

Peace!

16. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

I don't care if its "hip" or "not hip" I still use it! look me up! I go by Christopher scramuzzo on there. you might be able to use my e-mail address to find me: c.scramuzzo@gmail.com. maybe ill see ya!

17. billjones

billjones Banned

Dissssshhhhh

18. morning_glory_love

morning_glory_love Guest

Yes, I have a facebook. I could care less if people are spying; I don't have anything on my profile that is of any interest to the government or fuzz or whoever. I'm not searchable either, and I never include my location in any posts, or anything like that. I have some selfies and some pictures of plants I'm growing (none of them being illegal).

19. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

I hate it but it has uses, once I am done organizing the project I am working on I will deactivate my account (less than a year)

20. celebrating

celebrating Member

:D