Facebook

Discussion in 'Hip or Not?' started by skip, Jul 12, 2012.

1. madman32x

madman32x Member

Facebook is just a waste of time.

2. WadleysOFP

WadleysOFP Member

hip for the few months outta the year i go without a cellphone..

3. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

FACEBOOK sucks. It is for old ladies and people who think others care to see their baby's first bowel movements. And why the fuck should I care if you just went shopping and bought kitty litter and preparation H? no one gives a fuck. that is why HIP is cool, it's the seedy underbelly of social networks. The public is a bunch of idiots who think they are the most important people on earth and that's that. ):

4. odonII

odonII O

Why should I care if you masturbated at work?

Why ask such a question?

'Does anyone else do this? I do it so much. I come to work and read stuff on the forum and my pussy starts throbbing. Sometimes I can do it 10 times in a day, I just totally go in the bathroom stall and rub my clit, it only takes a minute or 2. I've been late for staff meetings and running in totally out of breathe b/c I was too busy fingering myself. im about to go do it right now and already have done so once today'

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=466393&f=165

Why should I care to see pictures of your shoes?

Why should anybody be interested in the threads you start?

5. kansas.highndry

kansas.highndry Guest

it's a crappy website, but it's cool for meeting ppl

6. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

wow, you typed a lot of words in regard to my posts, you really must like me ;) Facebook sucks, my grandma is on there, I dont think she will be reading my masturbating posts on here so im safe...
    geez, I guess no one can have an opinion without someone else coming back with a mean comment...ah well. that's just how this place is.....:(

7. odonII

odonII O

I wasn't attempting to be mean...I was responding in the same tone as you, imho.
    However, it may have seemed as if I was being mean (because I think you were).
    I think I was giving you a dose of your own medicine. I don't hat you, though.
    (I didn't use that many words, to be honest - most of it was your own words)

You seemed to be being pretty mean: 'And why the fuck should I care if you just went shopping and bought kitty litter and preparation H? no one gives a fuck. that is why HIP is cool, it's the seedy underbelly of social networks. The public is a bunch of idiots who think they are the most important people on earth and that's that. ):'

I was asking if you are not interested in other peoples lives etc, why should I/we be interested in your life/activities - that you share here?
    This forum isn't Facebook (obviously) - but it is a place where people interact and share.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

there's a lot of grandparents on here too.

if furthering a discussion classifies as a mean comment, then yes that's how this place is. it's a discussion forum after all.

*the number of words in this post has nothing to do with my opinion of anybody on hipforums. i was, again, participating in the discussion as was the design of the forum.

9. odonII

odonII O

Willy Blue

I think you might be slightly over doing the: Highly personal and malicious attack.

My intention wasn't to be mean. But it could have seemed liked that - like I said.

Creampie is over it now (misunderstanding).

You are a little late to be a knight in shinning armour, I'm afraid.

I'll not bother to quote some of your older posts to make a point, btw ;)

P.S: I spent zero hours dribbling over her pictures...

10. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

I only have a Facebook to contact certain friends that don't have a phone. Otherwise I'd delete it.

11. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

It's... functional :)

12. odonII

odonII O

Willy Blue

You don't have better things to do or you wouldn't have bothered to try (and fail) to pull me up about this, would you?
    I don't research your quotes, but I am aware - from time to time - you do this type of thing (trolling).
    I think most regular posters would be aware, too.
    I think It's what is described as: Your thing!
    I have no plans on propositioning you - your lifestyle is not my lifestyle (if you know what I mean.)
    Not that there is anything wrong with your lifestyle, but it isn't mine (and way to go in quashing the stereotypes about the people who are into your lifestyle - always thinking men want them: straight or gay)

It isn't my my choice, no - I was just pointing out you are a little too late, that's all. Your services were not required.

That she has pictures of shoes in her album? - yes, that indeed took a lot of effort to find out...

13. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

at the time of my post, It's 81-28 non-hip to hip.. what's with the 34 undecided/don't care's though?

14. Redelmo89

Redelmo89 Guest

Seeing pictures of peoples lunch and dinner gets a bit boring after a while. Definitely Not hip

15. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

Facebook makes me feel like i have no friends. Not like that's a problem. It just kind of reminds me of birthdays.

Probably more useful to the more socially adept.

16. thepaincrow

thepaincrow Member

I'm going to sound a little bit hipster here :afro:

But Facebook is way too popular, and when sites become too popular there's always going to be problems.

17. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

I haven't got any real opinion on Facebook never even seen one up close let alone owned my own. I know a lot of cats my age think I'm weird cause I don't. Course I don't own a cell either and that makes me way far out according to my "friends" so yeah. I can't say whether Facebook is hip or not but I'd bet for not

18. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

it no longer matters to me whether facebook is "hip" or not! i still use it

19. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

To be honest... I am now finally moving away from Facebook.

I like a lot of my friends on there, of course, but I just find that no matter what I say if it's even slightly controversial or has any importance or meaning, I just end up getting attacked. for some reason it seems quite hostile, maybe because not everyone is a hippy, I dunno, I really am not sure.

But, whatever the reason, I find the discussion and debate far, far more productive, interesting and lively here on Hip Forums :)

20. rscott420

rscott420 Guest

I only use Facebook to contact people I know from out of town or whatever, no cell phone for now so it's only good to talk to old friends and stuff like that..Not a big fan of putting opinions about thing on there though. Too many people have their home address and personal info and some thief could use that to rob a house..but it is not hip really but I do not care about hip or not..Twitter is stupid as hell i think..hashtag blah blah..gimme a break with all that bullshit..lol
    Who care what everyone thinks about some dumb issue or see a pic of their lunch..It is all pretty much teenage girls goosiping and middle aged women and men who gossip like high school again...high school sucked mostly and most people I knew then I do not want to talk to again.