Face Fat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by monteza, May 8, 2017.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

The original one or the modern one?

2. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Whichever one you want to do.

3. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Well first off.... congrats and major kudos to you on your willingness to improve your quality of life and your health and appearance.

More Americans need to take a page from your book!

I think you should take up a form of cardio activity. Something you enjoy. Myself, I'm a runner. Do marathon and all that shite. But I know that running isn't everyone's cup of tea. So I always advise folks who wish to lose weight and feel better and look healthier to find a form of aerobic activity they enjoy. Otherwise, they'll never stick with it.

Could be swimming..cycling.....tennis.....racket ball......hoops....whatever.

The trick is, to get full cardio benefits, you need to get your heart rate up to the target rate. To find this, take the number 220 sbd subtract your age.

Then, take 75% of that number.

Thus is the heart rate you need to achieve for about 45-60 minutes, three to four times a week!

Do this, I guarantee a noticeable improvement in your looks and in how you feel, within six weeks.

Best of luck to you!!

4. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I would agree the modern one is crap.They say canola oil is fine. I have seen an early Atkins cookbook and I did not see much wrong with it. I disagreed about avoiding coffee though. Maybe you could expound on the subject.

5. David0301

David0301 Members

there is a missunderstanding going on in the usa that you need to suffer, "workout babyy yeahhh push it push it to the limit one more rep one more rep ahhhh " - take it eeeezy my neeezy , no need to work hard mayn, go walking out in the fresh air, and (if you like) do some resistance training whenever you feel good, and of course dont eat "babylon food" thats it . we can do a seperate thread for people who want to loose fat if anyone likes, i show you how simple it is. You dont even have to sweat and workout, thats Bs, forget about exercise

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Well, it's important to work out, but how you work out in conjunction with eating right makes a big difference. Muscle training is important because muscles help burn more body fat. Cardio is also important because it burns fat, and it works your heart and keeps it in good condition.

The main problem, when people usually say they need to lose weight, is that a lot of them resort to go "on a diet" where they limit their food intake without taking nutrition into consideration. Plus, when you go "on a diet", you tend to go "off the diet", and thus all the body fat you may have lost during dieting can come back once you stop dieting. This is why it's so important to be realistic in terms of what you want to eat, and how you want to exercise. Cardio-only, in my opinion, is not a very sensible choice as you're not really building muscle mass with just cardio workouts. I believe muscle training should also be incorporated in one's workout regimen so that one can keep one's body functional in the long run.

I eat carbs and sugar-y things during the day because that keeps me going when I need to be more active. I like to have protein(meats, I'm a proud omnivore) and vegetables but no carbohydrate-rich things for dinner, although, sometimes I deviate from this because, again, you need to be realistic and sometimes that means a pizza night, or pasta for dinner. Sometimes before I do my cardio, I might have a piece of bread or something to boost my energy a little bit. If you focus too much on protein intake and not enough carbs, your sweat will take on a nuance not unlike urine, so that should be something to remember as well.

7. David0301

David0301 Members

i assume you are a male.
    I agree. Resistance Training (muscle) is essentiell for a man especially . for many reasons. You can do do resistance training with dumbbels or bodyweight or rubber bands or RTX

about cardio hmmm i have my opinion on it . I stopped doing it . Did it for many years just to stay trim. Not for any other reason. We are progressing and learning. Now, looking back : i see all that cardio as a waste. here in tenerife i see young people , every 2nd person, running in the park around my corner, with their big belly bubbling up and down. Because they love starchy food. and they eat late at night. Well we can do a seperate topic on cardio,workout , workout splits etc . because i got some ketchup to spill

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. David0301

David0301 Members

it is very unnatural for a human being to run . running=stress
    You prematurely fk up your bones, and joints.
    + you burn muscle

rather go walking. i love walking. the good thing about walking is people dont "stop" . they love it. earphones in it and go. fresh air. people. whilst cardio is suffering.

been there done that bro. im a sports freak. got some photos on stock for credentials :tongueout:

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I am pretty sure that humans are actually designed to run long. We have all of the equipment to be long distance runners (not sprinters, though)--we sweat, we have springy ligaments, we are long and lean. It's widely conceded that humans evolved to be able to outrun their prey because most animals aren't able to make it long distances. So we just run them into the ground, even if they are initially faster than us. Read about it, it's quite fascinating.

10. David0301

David0301 Members

well... looking at marathon runners vs sprinters I would rather go for the sprinters look ;-)
    (and I am sure you would also like your husband to )