Eye See dot org

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Duncan, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Obviously it's not written that way. I'm talking about ic.org I have been combing for my search of a communal life within a gay community. Not much success within the USA. Additionally, I see a number of communes/communities that are in forming status for over a decade. What's up with that? Potential subscribers could die before anything gets off the ground.
    Has anyone had any success looking through that website or communicating with the organizations?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I used to check that site a lot, not recently though.

The only time I contacted somebody it was also "forming"... I went to visit the guy, and the first couple that signed on were there. They were cool, but there was no chance of survival for this commune. Guy didn't even own the land.

3. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

I would think one would have to find something like that from word of mouth, maybe in a club setting where you would only get the attention of those that would be into it and not anyone the d might want to be hurtful, I mean its sad to think that way, but safety would be an issue

4. AlchemistGeorge

AlchemistGeorge Living Communally since 1995

We've found IC.org to be a useful resource - lots of "how to" information.
    Long story short, creating an intentional community is hard. What I see is that lots of people want to start one, rather than join one. Also, it can take a bunch of money to get one going.

5. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

Sad but true; even with land free and clear, equipment and materials gathered - the response over and over was - “that’s a lot of work; build it and people will come”. Hung out the shingle for a long time before I let it go. Takers ruin everything.
    And that’s just 1 story. Over the years here on hipforums I’ve watched more than a score reach the same sorry conclusion - for whatever reason people feel entitled and want to do as little as possible - Community happens as you build together giving your all - And usually doesn’t last; someone sometime asks how many hours do I have to put in - and people start leaving. Seen it over and over.
    Maybe a time will come again when people are willing to give fully. This Be a time of great Change. Many possibilities and potentials.

6. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

I recall running across one on there a decade+ or so ago. "Faerie farms" as best I can recall.
    SO I did a bit of googling and came across this, which might be a better "Rabbit hole" for you to chase than IC?

RFD Magazine

Apologies in advance if I'm off target.