Extraterrestrials

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by machinist, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

As we become increasingly isolated in first-World capitalist society, communicating more and more through the internet and not engaging with other people face-to-face, are we not becoming alien to each other? What's really so great about sodding aliens? Are we really ready to have our minds blown by being contacted by some advanced intergalactic civilization. All this alien hysteria is just some kind of project to keep the masses' minds off more important issues. Fuck the aliens, anyway.

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think it makes sense, statistically, that "they" should exist. I just assume that they don't care much about humans.

Eric! likes this.
  3. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

A lot of ET craft video debunkers are not versed in the phenomena these craft bave been ovserved to exhibit time and time again. Saying its inauthentic because it exhibits unfamiliar behavior.

Skeptic just means illresearched.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

:grinning:

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's good to have an open mind. Just not so much that your brain falls out.

Orison likes this.
  6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe. I mean, statistically speaking, it's a certainty.

But I don't believe they are flying around, buzzing earth. They could be nothing more than bacteria for all we know.

7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can't say I blame them. I can think of a few people in HF that should get alien abducted, analyzed, and taken away to another solar system to never be heard from again.

8. Asmodean

Psychoanalyzed?

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

They could even be complex lifeforms that form social bonds and manipulate their environment. It's still quite a jump from that to being able to have the ability to imagine being able to traverse the cosmos, abstract a space craft that can travel across the vast distances of solar systems/galaxies and have the resources and energy to do so.

10. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

If you really want to go full retard, bare with me here, I think it is possible that humans far in the past have already left planet Earth and are inhabiting somewhere else.

A little dose of humility... we are inferior to past civilizations. And what we dream to accomplish in the future has already been done a looooooong time ago.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Orison likes this.
  11. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Not something I believe in personally

12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You read it here, folks! :)

Eric! likes this.
  13. lode

lode Banned

So of possible reasons for alien contact:

Exploration, conquest, or spreading their culture/religion.

Exploration sounds intresting but something such as this would likerly be better done by drones. And if their goal is just to explore without influencing our culture, it's probably really likely they could do it without alerting us if they have the technology to master interstellar travel.If they did want peacful contact that would probably better done through messages rather than direct contact.

Conquest would be possible, but that seems less likely. Of the resources we consider rare and are likely to fight about on earth, are much more common in comets. Mining those must be infinitely more useful.

So, I think that the most likely reason for an alien invasion would be a cultural or religious conversion.

Asmodean likes this.
  14. Asmodean

[​IMG]

15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

16. It's all a matter of time. Travel through time and you travel through space. And the key is that all times aren't as disperse as they seem. They are one. The aliens are among us even now. The next person you see on the street...there's no telling. The only thing that stops them from revealing themselves is that human beings are terrified of different species. Especially when they're as smart or smarter than us. I, myself, could handle a close encounter.

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

What colour is alien poop?

18. Asmodean

Depends on the alien and also their diet.

19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Do you think they have fast food franchises?