Extraterrestrials

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by machinist, Mar 13, 2018.

1. N00bresearcher

N00bresearcher Members

I don't I think it would be infeasible for extraterrestrials to reach us. They wouldn't be limited by the vast distances of space if they had some kind of wormhole technology. I'd think if a nasty invasion happened we would most likely be collateral dammages to them unless they were specifically after us.

2. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Im not trying to change anybody's mind in this thread.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Indeed, all possible in theory. It's also possible that, despite the size of the universe and the extreme likeliness of there being lots of other planets capable of supporting life, that we're the most intelligent ones. Or maybe just the only intelligent form if life in our galaxy. Or that another (perhaps even more) intelligent form of life has still perished some millennia before us. Or that it has yet to emerge. Etc. etc.

4. machinist

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If it's flying and you don't know what the fuck it is... it must be an unidentified flying object.

6. machinist

"The UFO Experience" by Dr. J Allen Hynek is an especially good book for those that are obstinately skeptical. Because its very dry and scientific.

Dry like how you make pussies dry.

Hynek is an awesome dude though.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

UFOs could be an elaborate hoax created by World Governments to foster confusion and cognitive dissonance in the general public. It wouldn't be hard to do. It fits in with all the sci-fi bullshit put out by Hollywood et al. It serves the elites to have people preoccupied with this kind of stuff because it creates unreality. If people are living in a semi-unreal World they become less discerning and more pliable.

Alternately some kind of secret cabal of scientists and technologists could have started work after WW2 and ran with the NAZI technology and kind of tripped into the future, working independently of NASA and the USSR. They could have developed all kinds of things way in advance of the tech given to the public. In other words, there's other spacecraft and they are not alien but of human origin but just developed in secret by private individuals. This could be the origin of all the UFO sightings by military pilots etc.

farmerdon likes this.
  8. machinist

Youre onto something here in the second half of the second paragraph. I can see a lot of that.

As some have wrongly assumed... just because I said the pentagon is involved doesnt mean I think the US govt has a monopoly on the info. Or that its really "government" per say

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that the truth would rock mankind to it's core.

Just think about it.

I f we all evolved from monkeys, why did some monkeys stop evolving.
    Why did people in Europe, Asia and Africa evolve with different characteristics
    Since we all love flying, why has evolution not given us wings.
    Since all dogs bark in the same language and cats meow the same way. Why do we have different languages.
    And why have the dogs never bothered to learn English. LMAO.

Why did the transistor and fiber optics appear almost out of the blue, a few years after the reported crash of a UFO that we are told never happened.

Why did our creator design our brain with an inability to understand the meaning of infinity. I THING THAT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT KEY.

Not only do I think that mankind in its entirety may have evolved on another planet and moved to earth when their planet died, but I also think that more modern extra terrestrial life lives freely among us today.

0,AD also interests me. Was the star of Bethlehem a spacecraft, landing on earth to meet the 3 wise men. JUST THINK ABOUT IT.!!! Did someone send them an email telling them that Jesus was about to be born.???????????

Why do so many people call me the nutty professor.?????????????????? :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

machinist likes this.
  10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

UFO...Unidentified Flying Opinion.

11. Asmodean

We did not evolve from monkeys, we apparently have a similar origin. Subtile difference ;)
    And why are there still all these other kinds of life that hasn't evolved for millennia, while newer species have? This happens all the time in evolution. Some species continue to evolve, others not.

That's not how evolution works :p

This doesn't need to be explained to you in all seriousness, right?
    Lol Maybe because we're the product of evolution. Not forged by a creator with some design
    I like watching some good scifi and ponder these things at times as well :)
    Its not because you are interested in these things, or like pondering unlikely possibilities. It could be the conclusions you make ;) :p

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

if "others"are around , it's no wonder they don't show up and amaze us with their startling knowledge---they probably realize that "we" would blow the shit out of them. Hasn't this planet always been extremely violent? Can't blame "them"for some hesitation, if they do exist.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

The first transistor was invented in the 1920, long before Roswell.

14. Asmodean

Uhm, if 'they' could travel here and observe us secretly its unlikely we are the threat, scratcho.
    Well, we do pose a threat. But mainly to life we share our planet with.
    Compared to other planets with intelligent life? We don't know yet. Maybe you would be pleasantly suprised ;) At least most wars on our planet are often followed by an extensive period of (relative) peace.
    We have developed a lot of peaceful societies and philosophies etc.
    Also, nature (not just human nature) on our planet is often harsh and violent on itself. Humans are a part of nature. That so many of us are not violent and even trying to spread that mindset/behavior to others might be a rarity in the universe :p

scratcho likes this.
  15. wilsjane

I draw no definite conclusions from any of the light hearted points that I raised. I simply think that we live in our own little shell and keep our blinkers on.
    Their have been far too many incidents for us to ignore and I often feel that even the heads of governments are kept in the dark.
    The only definite conclusion that I draw, is that intelligent life elsewhere in the universe seems to have no interests in destroying us.

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If they could get here--99 % of us would be no threat whatsoever. The military industrial complex would try to THREATEN them. However if "others "had the means to cross unimaginable distances, chances are we would be in BIG trouble. I ,of course have no idea if life exists elsewhere or what existence is all about. Interesting to speculate on tho.

17. Asmodean

Because it might not be there (anymore/yet) in the first place ;)

edit: i actually completely disagree with your only definite conclusion. It could be in another galaxy and be utterly destructive. But we're simply out of reach, or undetected so far. Just one other option already. There are many more of course.

18. wilsjane

Fiber optics were the main thing that seemed to appear somewhat out of the blue. Although we had transistors earlier, the major development of silicon devices seemed to stall for almost 30 years. I believe that the first FETs and integrated circuit devices were post Roswell We even used wire ended thermionic valves in computers in the 1950s

19. wilsjane

It is all something that we could ponder forever. Without any concept of infinity in terms of time, it is possible that many planets have a period where life was possible which may have become extinct trillions of years ago and others where life may develop long into the future.
    My original post was more about questions, I do not claim to have the answers but I feel that we may not know quite a few things because they are kept secret for reasons that I can never understand..

20. deleted

deleted Visitor