Extraterrestrials

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by machinist, Mar 13, 2018.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I am big into UFOs. I have no doubt we have been visited by intelligence.

The pentagon is slowly dispersing bits and pieces of fighter pilot filmed UFO encounters.

Trump is murmuring about weaponizing space and exploring space.

I think its only a matter of time until disclosure on the extraterrestrial front.

But I expect there will be some deciet. I would be very skeptical of the official story when it comes out.

I hope I am wrong.

Lynnbrown and Irminsul like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I liked this post after the first sentence.

Pilots been seeing UFOs since WW1 and especially in WW2. A space weapons program was mentioned, or a thing quite a number of years ago from memory. They have to know something we don't. They obviously believe that space warfare is a legit agenda to sink money into it.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  3. machinist

The UFO thing has been a huge issue for many decades. Some group or various groups know aaaaaaaallllllllll about it.

The decietful disclosure is something to be aware of in light of the decades long secrecy.

Another motive for the deciet could possibly be to perpetuate a false need for military action in space. Werner Von Braun warned about this.

Keep your ears perked and stay skeptical.

I so hope I am wrong.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well I wouldn't want to be wrong on the UFO exist thing though I'm almost certain they exist. I don't think an alien visitation would necessarily spell disaster for earth, but I would fear a few world leaders might try and blow it away to prove a point and ya know, if they do that shit then they're not watching the movies properly because these guys obviously have rediculous equipment in comparison to ours, to attack would be a catastrophic failure and I have no doubt some clown would try to take them on.

On the other hand if it's peaceful I mean how cool is that really. But I really don't think they would come down for that. In all the ancient scripts, the gods really didn't like to mingle with humans. It was an atrocity to them, that we were not wiped out in the deluge and although we pose no significant threat to them, but I think they would also not be impressed with what we've done to the earth and just all the people. I could be totally wrong, but I'm assuming they're planet for that long of survival and evolution wasn't completely eradicated getting to that point. Although planet Nibiru was mentioned as having a nuclear war at some point, and according to the Hindus and other cultures, and scienists can only explain certain cities turned to glass from intense heat, I wouldn't be surprised if those particular aliens actually did use nuclear weapons already on us. Well not "us" but the Hindus. :p they try visit Germany in WW2 we stuck a V2 up it's tail pipe and told it to sod off. :tearsofjoy:

Lynnbrown likes this.
  5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I agree with every single thing you said...and have thought this for some years now.

I also hope I'm wrong about the gubmint lying about MUCH of this subject even when/if they do disclose knowledge of UFOs, aliens, etc. They (the gubmint) isn't exactly known for its transparency nor its honestly when telling the public anything. So, I most certainly don't expect honesty from them when they broach this very controversial and serious subject.

Eric! and Irminsul like this.
  6. broony

broony Banned

Just like our own government(s) studying populations.

Something is out there studying us on this Earth,

I don't believe this is for the benefit of those being studied.

7. machinist

Just to clarify.

I have no doubt we have been visited.

What I hope I am wrong about is that I think the disclosure of the subject may be used as a manuipulative tactic or be otherwise decietful.

8. broony

broony Banned

Of course it is. Humans are fucking evil and self centered.

9. machinist

They may skip disclosure altogether and use a staged event to form a narrative and run with it. We will be left in the dark or disinformed.

Again I hope I am wrong. Just being realistic. And thats a worst case scenario.

I think there may be some risks posed by extraterrestrials in many ways, but not in the sense that may be readily conjured up at first thought. On the whole I think they are safe and many may be highly benevolent.

If defense is necessary then that is perfectly fine, but it must be measured and honest.

10. machinist

Trump is also talking about technologically updating the nuclear arsenal in the same breath as space defense and exploration.

Interesting to note considering the well documented frequency of UFO instances that indicate they have some sort of interest in our nuclear weapon capabilities.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I really like pondering the topic of Aliens too but I'm of the view that unless aliens have an exponentially longer lifespan than humans, I don't think there is any practical way that they could visit us from a different solar system, let alone galaxy. The only "realistic" scenario I can think of is some sort of super fast, self replicating and/or repairing machines sent out into space, which doesn't discount alien UFO's, but as far as actual beings they would require a remarkably sustainable trajectory of evolutionary development to get to a point of unfathomable composition to have the intelligence, life spans and durability to travel mind boggling distances, it seems so outlandish compared to what has unfolded with life on Earth, granted the Universe has been around for quite awhile.

tumbling.dice and scratcho like this.
  12. machinist

Yes but...

To solve that problem, all it takes is for them to know something we dont.

And there is a LOT we dont know. A little humility goes a long way.

So thats a no from me. I disagree.

Also your entire premise could be wrong. No offense. The frame youre looking at the problem from could be irrelevant. You could be making assumptions from the outset that you dont even realize youre making. One reason for that could be is that what we are most likely dealing with when it comes to extraterrestrial technology is so incredibly unconventional to say the least. Even to the extent that the mechanisms by which the extraterrestrial technological capabilities operate are with principles that are placed well outside of our capacity for even being able to begin to be understood or thought possible.

And you also have to think, maybe its not necessarily their technology or their hardware that is to be credited for their abilities, but their more complete understanding of the fundamental laws of ... I dont know what to call it. Physics may not even be the right word.

Friar Turk likes this.
  13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Gubmint, LMAO! Yes, this is a very intriguing topic. I'm just wondering just how chaotic things might get when certain truths are revealed. Imagine what they (alien intelligence) would be able to tell us about our history, and to find out that what we think to be the truth is completely wrong....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Lynnbrown likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'd consider my view much more humble than the notion that one nation's government, which has only been around ~250 years, is the only one that has access to extraterrestrial technology and has been able to keep it under wraps.

As I acknowledged in my previous response, the Aliens would have to be built of an unfathomable composition. My initial response considers the Fermi Paradox and some of the responses I've heard to it. I could conjecture a bunch of hypothesis on how aliens could get to Earth, such as say they had the knowledge of Quantum Mechanics and Physics and could prevent wavelength collapse/quantum decoherence, than maybe something like teleportation could be possible. I'm not sure why they'd teleport to see the government though or that this is the appropriate thread for that.

15. Of course the Earth has been visited. It is occupied, in fact. The latest I heard, Trump was speaking of militarizing space. American technology, at least surmising from the latest I'm privy to, stands absolutely no chance against an alien assault. There would not even be any predicting what the alien motivation for the assault was or if it was in fact "real" in a true sense of anyone being in danger, though it would be mollifying.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Of course UFOs exist. UFO is an acronym for Unidentified Flying Objects. Or unidentified things in the sky.
    So any unidentified "thing" seen in the sky by definition is a UFO. That doesn't mean they're a real physical object, just something unidentified.

I've seen two.
    The first was in 1965 when the Kecksburg incident took place. My parents house had a large picture window, about 7 feet by 6 feet facing north. We were watching TV, it was dark and the entire sky suddenly turned to day. The official story was that a meteor had hit about ten miles away, but as the area was overtaken by the military and something hauled away on a truck speculation has been rampant for over 50 years. The latest theory is that it was a secret General Electric Mark 2 Reentry Vehicle.
    [​IMG]
    The second was a couple years later as I was on my way home at night, driving east. I noticed a strange comma shaped light. I didn't think much of it until I got home and found my mother and sister staring out the window and ranting about what the heck that thing was. We watched it for several hours and the strange thing was in never moved in the sky, as normal stars etc. do.
    So we went to bed.
    It was all over the news the next day, but no one ever figured out what it was.

Then there was the top secret blimp that crashed near our house about 6 years ago.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

People used to see leprechauns and demonic manifestations. Now they see UFOs, aliens and getting abducted and anally probed. They probably saw strange unexplainable lights allover the course of history. Unexplained (flying) objects? Yes, they exist. Extraterrestrial spaceships? Unlikely. If we've been visited and studied for an extensive period of time its unlikely only (some person in) the US government secretly knows all about it.

tumbling.dice and Okiefreak like this.
  18. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I saw a UFO once. True story. It had a blinking blue light, and it was flying through the night sky in a very erratic pattern. Not in a straight line like an airplane. It was moving much quicker than a helicopter too.

Turns out, it was the first helicopter drone I've ever seen

19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yeah, just none of it stuck.

Meliai, scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We're not even getting stripped of our natural resources!

[​IMG]