Extracting Psilocybin

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 29, 2004.

1. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

couldnt have said it better :)

2. delirious

delirious Member

YAAAAHHHHH Muchsrooms! YAAAAAAA drugs!!!

I love life. :D

3. unconcerned

unconcerned Member

that guy cant be amish.......he has compact discs....

4. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Member

hhahhaha what a retard

5. Spelunker

Spelunker Member

Blue honey is my preferred method...
    always fast for a while beforehand, and avoid dairy b4 the trip...
    I eat the honey by itself - and use eucalyptus infused honey if I have it
    honey isn't good for long-term storage tho...
    honey is the money $$$

6. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

dried (or at least partly-dried) mushrooms are preferred...
    if you just dunk a bunch of fresh mushrooms into a jar of honey, the water in the shrooms will dilute the sugars in the honey below the typical 95+% sugar (mostly dextrose & fructose) concentration & the stuff in the jar will all be subject to contamination - anything from seriously funky (& maybe even dangerous) molds & such, to unhygenic (& unappealing) li'l buggy things that were in the fresh shrooms (but don't much seem to be found in well-dried shrooms)...
    ~
    (science note: pure honey will generally not support microbial growth... spores & such may be there, but will not become active until the honey is diluted... & then it may be a race between bacteria & yeasts to see what colonization happens first...
    part of it is just the fact that 5% H2O is not enough for many microorganism to thrive; but part of it is that there are enzymes & other strange chemicals found in honey (& other bee products like propolis) which just inhibit molds & such...)
    (honey & propolis & beeswax & other apiary products are often used in folk medicine & traditional healing regimens)
    ~
    ~
    ~
    now, herbal honeys from bees with hives in the middle of vast fields (or, better, greenhouses?) of nice plants (well, coca, hempflower, poppies all come to mind... or maybe mimosa hostilis, or caapi, or kratom, or qat... you get the idea) might be very interesting to sample...
    & did you know that bees collect & store pollen right there in the hive? yummy stuff...
    ~
    it may even be possible for bees to gather honey or pollen from plants that don't (immediately?) kill the bees ( --- or the plants may contain chemicals which are poisonous to mammals but not to insects; whatever...), but could be bad news (toxic) for humans to ingest...
    (there was some sort of toxic honey implicated in a mass poisoning reported in the literature in greece or persia like 2600 years ago...)

7. weirdidiot2003

weirdidiot2003 Member

ok. lets say that i want to go out and pick mushrooms. but i dont know which mushroom is which. is the honey trick a good idea for determining if the lil shroom is psychoactive? or is it a different chemical that turns the honey blue? if i pick one at random from a field and the honey DOES turn blue, should i eat it? or can it still be poisonous?

8. ben

ben Member

does this mean its possible to extract psilocybin, crystalive it and i.v it?

not sayin i want to do it at all, but it would be nuts.

9. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

okay so now you got honey is a jar with a bunch of mushrooms in it...how do you get the mushrooms out without taking a bunch of potent honey with them?

10. ColChemTester

ColChemTester Members

Ive heard this also, its said to turn the honey blue, as the psyioscibin is blue