extract pure thc

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by ghost of rat, Mar 21, 2009.

1. LSDMIKE

LSDMIKE Member

I don't have any pictures but i will try and find some

Yes, it does change the molecule, in the sense of it adds more atoms, and these atoms are bonded via electrons to the atoms which were already there....but it doesn't alter 'who' the molecule is, as far as effects go, with mdma for example.

But let's look at ammonia. When I used to really be into all this stuff, I used to do things just because I was curious, and I liked to play with ammonia a lot, because it's reactive and pretty safe at the concentrations I was getting, which was around 10%......When you react ammonia with hydrochloric acid;

NH3 + HCL------------> NH4CL which is ammonium chloride.

The reason for this example is this; look at your reactants; they are both GASES in water solvent.....ammonia @10% and HCL I always used was muriatic acid which is 31%....when these gases meet in water, they react and form a salt, ammonium chloride.....

ammonium chloride is 'still' ammonia, in a sense.....if you basify a strong solution of ammonium chloride in water with NaOH/KOH, you'll revert the
    ammonia that is locked up in solid form back to a gas, and have a water solution of ammonia.

Similar priciple when you make the salt of mdma or meth, for example....you are converting the oil into a salt.....that salt 'still' contains the original molecule, which can be re-converted back to an oil, by basifying it with strong bases.

So, in summary, to answer your original question, yes you change the molecule, but not all changes in chemistry are permanent, some you can manipulate to do certain things....MIKE!

2. codemeister3

codemeister3 Banned

hehe. Nice one! I do understand you can change stuff in chem. I am not a complete idiot, but thanks for making me feel like one! :) could you give me a picture of what a freebase molecule and the salt for of one? You said it changes the actual molecule, but where at and how? Is it the same place for all the amines?

3. shikimol

shikimol Members

If you want pure thc or as close as you can get. Do a bho extract then wash your extract in a glass jar with pure ethanol or pure acetone. Then winterize, seperate with coffee filter and wash your purified product with cold solvent til waxes and oils are gone. Mind you. Decarboxylized material will make results vary. Also keep in mind you lose potency by prior decarboxilizing material. If you smoke un decarboxilized material it turns onto thc, if u smoke decarboxilized material it becomes somthing else and burns off material. Have fun be safe.

4. ken65

ken65 Members

you need a magic butter machine this will get you pure thc just add cannabis to machine with pure alcohol let machine do its work and voila pure thc invest in a magic butter machine and your good to get that pure thc hope your plants yield ok