Exploring The Earth

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Total Darkness, May 13, 2016.

1. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Omg... so many photographs I love. :). Not enough check marks in the day. I will have to sift through some of mine to share with you .. I am by no means a great photographer.. lots of crappy ones and a few gems. Lol. Not like yours. Nice work. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

^^ Thanks. Here's some around Christmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

All Your Pics Are Beautiful.......But I Would Like To Ask You A Question.......It's A Little Bit

Personal So If You Are Uncomfortable Just Don't Reply.

You Said Recently You Live In NYC, Not Too Far From Central Park, Which Is The Most

Expensive Real Estate In The US.

How Do You Do It......????..... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  4. Total Darkness

Not far from central park but not that close to it either. Far enough where i have to take a train yet close enough where i can go there everyday if i wanted to. The New York area is huge and you are correct in that its very expensive. But there some middle class and poor neighborhoods too that are affordable.

1 person likes this.
  5. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Hey, do you use any photo editors? Which ones? What kind of camera, cameras do you have? What is your preference? Great night time photos you took above. Nicely balanced.

6. Total Darkness

Photo editors??? I just upload and resize them. I use fujifilm and sony cameras. Small camera that make it easy to carry. I don't like to look like too much of a tourist while traveling. I try to blend in a little. The sony one is better with night and long distance photos. The fujifilm camera is better in rain, and with selfies as its better at capturing movement.

Thanks. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I meant something like photoshop or elements. There are some pretty good free ones out there as well. If you want some suggestions I could probably show you some.

I know what you mean about blending in. When I wax In Paris a couple of years ago I took this one photo that has inspired me to want to do a series of photos..., it excites me this series of photos I want to do. I will show you when I sift it out again. Really have a lot of files to dig through... ... I have a nice little camera and a big one too Nikon dslr, lots of lenses.... that I used when I went to Niagara Falls. No one was there. No one wanted to be on that day. It was brutally cold.

A tripod can make a really great defensive weapon. Lol. Mostly I use a little Digital that I like a lot. Easy to carry. :)

There are some really amazing and beautiful natural waterfalls in New York State. I don't know how close some of these are too you, but I bet are beautiful in the winter.

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-york/hidden-waterfalls-ny/

And be careful standing under a waterfall... this is not romantic or pleasant in my experience, It feels like getting hit in the head with rocks.

1 person likes this.
  8. Total Darkness

I've heard about photoshop but never used it. I like to take the photos naturally as seen. The only times i wish to make a photo edit is when the photo becomes darker or brighter than the actual environment. Mainly due to lighting or lack of.

Yes, i can imagine a tripod making a great defense weapon. Just better hope you'll be the one using it as a weapon if necessary. :p

Oh, those waterfalls are beautiful. And the environment looks peaceful there. I've seen beautiful waterfalls during some of my travels. Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Pennsylvania are three places that come to mind. Some were completely secluded as well.

1 person likes this.
  9. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

You know what I would love to see that is really beautiful and amazing? Maybe in your travels you can get there. Have you heard of living bridges? These are amazing. I would love to walk across one some day. There is a documentary you can watch on on line. Man made, the way it is done has been passed down from generation to generation in India. Really beautiful

[​IMG]

themnax and Total Darkness like this.
  10. Total Darkness

That bridge looks beautiful. I wouldn't mind visiting India.

Here's a few from Bush Kill Falls, Pennsylvania 2012. I only had a cell phone camera at that time. I use to travel a lot without a camera. It rained a lot the day before hence the muddy water. The one in Puerto Rico was in a secluded path in a tropical rainforest. I went back in 2010. Didn't have a camera at that time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

really beautiful pure darkness :) stunning and amazing photographs.

1 person likes this.
  12. Total Darkness

Thank you. :)

13. Total Darkness

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Total Darkness

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. Total Darkness

Simonga Village, Zambia

I lifestyle here is very basic. People grow and slaughter their own food. Only very few have electricity. To get water, many need to go to the well or river and carry it back. Very common to see women carrying water or fruits on their heads back to their village. People help each other out here. Crucial for survival.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

themnax and GLENGLEN like this.
  16. Total Darkness

Zambezi River at sunset

[​IMG]