Exploring The Earth

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Total Darkness, May 13, 2016.

1. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Thanks. Seeing nothing but snow and ice would be beautiful. But i really don't like the cold. :D

I can see you in an Australian desert. You seem to really like New Zealand and Australia is close by. I can also see you in Fiji Islands or Papua New Guinea. Not sure if you been there already. The beaches there i would imagine to be beautiful. All those are close by.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Oh I always imagine American desert : ) Australia.. It's the bitey poison creatures which make me less keen. I do like NZ a lot. It has all the things I like and fits with my not working in winter. I've not been to many different countries really.. I'm not opposed to seeing others but also I don't have that drive some people have to go a lot of different places. If someone told me I could never visit anywhere except NZ it wouldn't upset me (I say NOW anyway haha). So long as I have trails and mountains and beaches and places with no people.. That's all I need.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You won't get bit by poisenous creature lol. You're a bushwalker, you know if you see a snake you don't go up close and look. The spiders are the same and if you go in winter time in Australia you won't even see any spiders or snakes anyway so that's all good.

I have seen a couple of brown and red belly black snakes in my time in the bush when I was growing up and yeah they want nothing to do with you so just be aware and always look where you step and you should see them early and just don't go close but admire from distance. Red belly was a beautiful snake, I remember basking on a bush trail all black with a beautiful red belly.

Really you aren't going to die from a spider bite either, there's a few nasty ones but as long as you go to hospital you're fine. :) I think I may have been bitten by a huntsman once when I was sleeping and I got bit by a white tail which they say are one of the worst but nothing happened to me. I felt something like sting my back and I roll over and was like omg a white tail! And we squished it and my wife looked at my back and there was two bite marks and I rubbed antiseptic on and that was that. Unless I have some super spiderman ability I'm not aware of yet, it was fine.

Driftrue likes this.
  4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yes this is what every Australian or fan of Australia tells me : ) and you are probably quite right. I would not rule out going there, for sure. I would like to see a kangaroo in real life.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ohhh you should just come when I'm there visiting fam, we could drive down Monaro highway, they're always laying on the side of the road. :p I'm kidding. Not really. But, off Monaro, Lanyon drive I bet any time of day we look to the left and see a hundred. Happened every day I lived there. :)

My dad would say "look at the Bastards" because that drive was a hotspot for kangaroo collisions all the time.

But I'd Def take you into the snowy mountains... Umm.. What's left of it now. :( to my Kosciuszko the highest point. Do the long walk up the and around the mountain, or the cheat walk bridge lol I done it the long way. :)

You have loved it. Such green bush.

I'm afraid to have a look at it when I'm back there. I know especially where we went on holidays in a town I know all of it, the bush at least, is pretty much gone. It will be a very grim site.

Driftrue likes this.
  6. Total Darkness

I would like to see kangaroos as well. Tigers most of all.

As for American desert, i would love to visit Death Valley during summer at its hottest month.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  7. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You'd melt !!!

8. Total Darkness

You're probably right. Ground temperature can get to about 200 F. While air temperature can range from 120 F - 125 F on hotter days. My biggest challenge would be getting there and back. It will take some planning.

My future is uncertain, so who knows.

9. Total Darkness

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Ah, 2012. The year we all thought would be the end of the world but was actually perfectly peaceful and sane, relatively.

11. Total Darkness

Maybe we were off by ten years. ;)

12. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Total darkness, Where are you my friend? Hope you are staying safe and are well in nyc!

13. Total Darkness

Hello, things are great. I've been around. How are things where you are? I've been thinking i should spend less time online. Be more productive other ways.

Times are interesting but the attitudes around me are quite dreadful.

Stay safe. :)

14. Beach Ball Lady Balls

hey I am doing well. Yes, these are interesting times for sure. Luckily I am in contact with people who are not so dreadful. Lol. The dreadful ones I encounter, which are few are on this forum. Thankfully there is pm and happy photo threads, like yours, Perhaps go online to the quarantine club, it is a virtual club with a DJ. You get to dance at home as others do the same. :) this quarantine is going to be longer than originally thought. My sister works in a hospital, has been home since the 1st of March. They are prepping for a wave, the dr. In her department has been moved out to help with this. I think in three weeks they are expecting a curve, wave here.

Total Darkness likes this.
  15. Total Darkness

That's good you are surrounded by positive people in your offline life. Normally you post on news and politics section which i often avoid for the most part. But i have sometimes seen how people react to your posts. Normally i don't know what's going on so i don't get involved. But i often get the impression me, you, neon, themnax, press rat, and maybe even V.G. are probably the most overlooked, misunderstood, and secretly resented members on this forum. Judging by both subtle and non-subtle reactions.

Sounds like fun. :)

Must be a difficult and scary time for your sister. Yikes.

Took caffeine supplements to train harder and am still feeling the effects. Feeling hyper and jittery.

16. Total Darkness

Found an older photo of me. From ten years ago. I didn't have a camera back then so i traveled without one. San Juan, Puerto Rico 2010. A relative took this photo as i have family in Puerto Rico.

[​IMG]

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

To Your Credit You Have Certainly "Stacked On Some Muscle" Since Then.........Just Look At

Your Arms...... Iv'e Seen "Pretzils" Bigger Than Those....... :D

Cheers Glen.

18. Total Darkness

^^To be fair you can't see my arms too well in that pic but you're likely right. I was lighter, leaner, and less muscular back then. In better cardio shape as well.

19. Beach Ball Lady Balls

yes, the thing is they failed to read the socks I wear too. I posted them somewhere around here. Lol. Any how, all those above, you included know what they and who they are. :). Doesn’t matter what others think or say regarding who we are as individuals.. Words are mine, not others. I don’t speak for others. That is a pretty good thing. Maybe we were all raised in extremely urban areas, or understand the struggle. :) How things are.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Never got to know PR really
    But you're basically listing my favourite posters : )