Exploited

Discussion in 'Music' started by DarkLunacy, May 11, 2004.

1. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Anyone like the Exploited? I love these guys and are probably my favorite harcore punk band of all time.

2. StAlphonzo

StAlphonzo Member

I think The Exploited are great......not just because they're so anti-establishment, but it's nice to hear a GOOD Scottish band!

3. duke the hippie

duke the hippie Member

I remember seeing the exploited in london in 1983. They were one of the top punk bands in the UK at that time. There shows were scary sometimes, because these NF boys (national front) use to roam the crowds looking for the smallest kid in the place and they would pick on him and try to force him to join the NF. All the other punks would fight the nazi nf'ers and including wattie the lead singer of the exploited.

On stage they were an awesome band to listen too, there shows were high energy. My ears would be ringing for at least for a week after there shows!

4. socialmachine

socialmachine Member

these guys are fucking sweet as hell

5. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

I THINK THE EXPLOITED ARE wonderfuL !

6. feral

feral Member

One of the first bands I ever saw (about 1983ish... memory's a bit hazy lol...) at the Mardi Gras in Nottingham (been closed for years now, boooo....), and probably a couple of times a year since. Also, my mate Tony was on drums around 1990ish (he's the one on the left on the back cover of "The Massacre". In case you already haven't, check out GBH and English Dogs for similar chaos.....

7. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

I think there amazing! i really wish i was born a lill earlier. i bet that show was kick ass.

8. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

how do you delete a double message?

9. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

The Exploited? Bunch of card-carrying Nazis if you ask me! There shows get waaaaaaay to violent for me, at least in New York. The fascist Skinheads and the Anarchist Punks both show up en masse, both believing it to be "their show", and beat the living shit out of each other. I'll say no thank you to that whole scene. I like to have fun and go crazy in the mosh pit, not have to watch my back for some skinhead motherfucker looking to stab me with his spike braclet cause I have long hair and a liberal pin or sticker of some kind. I think punk is all about commUNITY and the exploited and the white supremecists in their crowd are a disgrace to the scene.

10. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I liked em for 5 minutes in the 80's. they are so hardcore they are poseurs.

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I liked them and GBH for a while as a teen too (maybe 10 minutes).....I never was a big fan with the sort of regimented, militaristic, mohawk type of punk...I guess they are good at what they do though. They did tend to attract more nazi types than other bands..although the most nazis I saw at a show was strangely Social Distortion in 1988....

It seems there are plenty of good scottish bands, or at least there have been.

12. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

they're anti war! GREAT!

13. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I feel you. I think GBH were exponantially greater.

14. Timmaniac

Timmaniac Member

i hate them they are 1 of my most hated bands ever i must say

15. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

wow! hate? thats not hippyish! lol. im kidding, kida