experimenting new stlye and some still life and random crap

Discussion in 'Art' started by arlia, Jan 10, 2005.

1. arlia

arlia Members

here are a few pages from my sketchbook,i discovered a new kinda style using college acrylics and inks and sratcxhing thae paint with my fingre nails!

[​IMG]-------this one i used dead flowers aswell

[​IMG]-------the dove of the holy spirit

[​IMG]-------janis with weird chin

[​IMG]----still life of flowers and head

[​IMG]------ink and watercolour of my hand

[​IMG]----my favourite,jesus at the cross

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

wikkid :) thats all i can say :)

3. arlia

arlia Members

yeyeyeye!!!!!!
    cheers felaasy!
    im gona play with some of these ideas and make some cool paintings!

4. Mix

Mix Member

Wow, i like alot! How long does it take you to do one of those?? the dove ones my favourite:) you must get really dirty fingernails! lol

5. arlia

arlia Members

yeah my hands are contstantly covered in paint!!!heheh!

one of those paintings would talke about 30mins-an hour......takes about 3 hours to dry tho!LOL

6. SillyLidlSkull

SillyLidlSkull Member

i do know that constant need to get dirty with paint it's just divine isn't!!!
    ..im a painter too,well i should call myself a mixed-media artist,becouse i do work with diffrent medias(eg. drawing,take photos,create sculptures "lost and found" or recicle" -they called it!-..)
    I really wish i could send some of my works to the ART FORUM but unfortunately haven't a skanner and don't know anybody that has got one..:(
    But,as soon as i find the chance i'll do it !
    CIAO CIAO

7. SillyLidlSkull

SillyLidlSkull Member

I LIKE YOUR WORK A LOT BUT I TOLD YOU OTHER TIMES PREVIOUSLY ..IF I DO REMEMBER WELL..?!
    aNYWAY,I'M A BIG FAN OF YOUR PAINTINGS I FELT FOR YOUR JANIS J. ONE!
    ALSO YOUR HAND IN INK AND WATERCOLOUR !!
    CIAO CIAO
    & KEEP OMN PAINTING!!!

8. arlia

arlia Members

thanks!
    im really getting into mixe media aswell!
    i used this cabinet and used photographs and painting to cover the surfaces and displayed sentemental objects inside them as a vanitas.

it would be interesting to see your work up on here,perhaps you could get some of your pictures on digital camera?!?!

9. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

This is all very good work, you have a huge ammount of tallent... whatever you do, don't let it go to waste...

10. arlia

arlia Members

im not plannig to,god has a big plan for my work,this is becoming reveiled to me in prophecy

11. SillyLidlSkull

SillyLidlSkull Member

HEY ARLIA,
    i 'v heard that most probably today,the technitian would come to fix my f....up PC!!
    which is kinda of gr8!
    THis morning,round 9 he called telling me that he'll be around this afternoon!!
    -TALKING ABOUT SIGNS ....YEAAAAAAAAAH!
    So ...looking frw for that and u'll know when i have gotten my pc system bck ready to use and abuse!!!
    CIAOOOO!

12. arlia

arlia Members

hey thats gr8!
    pooters are always breaking on me,i think i have way too much static in my hair or sumthing,wenever i toucha computer it crashes....ohhh dear!
    *WALKS AWAY*
    IT WAS LIKE THAT WEN I GOT THERE!lol

13. pato100000

pato100000 Member

Hello there again. This is the crazy guy who had the same Janis-esque glasses as you ... well, your friend, at least. Hi. I was parusing through the art threads and stumbled on this new style of yours. I'd say your protrait style is overall pretty good, though there may be some proportion problems on Janis's face. The Janis piece has a very distinct Native American feel to it. I find that it fits very well since the hippie generation fed off a lot of Native American ideals. Also the effect you are achieving from scratching the paint off the paper reminds me of oil pastels. Overall, I think your subject matter and choice of experimentation work very well for you. Do you go to an art college or anything? If not, I think it would be great for you to do so. Hope my critique helps in some way. Happy painting!

14. arlia

arlia Members

CHEERS,YEAH PORTRAIT I AM GOOD AT,BUT PROPORTIONS ARE CONFUSING.......
    i often draw people but they dont look like the person!LOL
    yeah im in my 3rd year of college doing pre degree art and design.then im off seing more of the world and getting a better visual language.

yeah i got janis's chin all wrong......ah well,she is noce to draw i like her

15. Ellis

Ellis Member

I really love the first one, beautiful.

16. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I really like the dove one Arlia.....looks like you might be feeling inspired at the moment:)

17. arlia

arlia Members

yeah,very inspired
    god is great,the peace im feeling over my situations are very powerrful